Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > The greatest age to be single.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BBWloverIsHere
Msg: 1
The greatest age to be single.Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Ever since I became 30 a lot of family and friends have been asking me when I'm gonna get married or find a nice girlfriend, I tell them what's the rush? I'm not the one spending a fortune in cosmetics, men don't really attract women by looks, unless they're body builders, so aging is not a real reason to go out and desperately find someone. As long as I'm still healthy and enjoying myself I have no reason to go out and be a complete retard just to attract women, if by chance I meet someone that would be great, but life is about enjoying the moments and the little things, you don't need to have another person just to validate your happiness. 30's are the greatest years to be single, just my opinion.
 prime ribb
Msg: 2
The greatest age to be single.
Posted: 11/24/2016 5:59:14 AM
It's common for parents and other relatives to ask this question. At my age I still get asked about marriage and kids. The bottom line is it's up to you to decide when and if you settle down and procreate. You clearly know what you want and what it is you want to do so I say just live your life and not concern yourself with other people's opinions.
 Walts
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/24/2016 6:22:33 AM

30's are the greatest years to be single, just my opinion

Wait until your into your 50's. You'll be jumping up and down with glee if your still single.

That is, if your body will let you.

Now, if we are actually serious with this one, I really don't understand what the party is about. All of us should be happy when we wake in the morning and have a day of possibilities in front of us. Being single, or not, is really not relative, if you are truly "happy". Now, if your relationship situation, at the moment in time, adds to your initial "happiness", all is good. Basically, all you are doing OP is accepting your situation, that you have, today, and running with it. Which is good, just don't over use the "single" part. You have no idea who could walk into your life, this afternoon.
 Maleman999
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/24/2016 7:05:36 AM
After looking at your profile. staying single for however long will be no problem.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/24/2016 8:12:42 AM
OP, maybe if you turn the testosterone switch on?
Perhaps it is your circus and those are your monkeys
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2016 7:19:13 AM
The misery loves company camp all over you huh?
So many rushed to marry that they lost their youth.
Now a lot of those people are single again and looking
to recapture the youth they lost.You're a prime candidate
at 30!
 Ouija2025
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/25/2016 7:51:50 AM
hardly. Not single
read OPs profile
wait, maybe you did and can relate
 BBWloverIsHere
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/25/2016 2:50:30 PM
LMAO, y u so salty Ouija?
 purplerider1200
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2016 3:54:05 PM
You'll just have to put up with those comments

As long as I'm still healthy and enjoying myself I have no reason to go out and be a complete retard just to attract women, if by chance I meet someone that would be great, but life is about enjoying the moments and the little things, you don't need to have another person just to validate your happiness. 30's are the greatest years to be single, just my opinion.

There you go. you have it down pat.

I used to think that I needed to track down a girlfriend after my divorce. What I came acrossed was a good many stubborn women with a very complicated view of how they wanted men to treat them. After a while, I discovered that I could be happy being solo. If I wanted to do it, I did. No need to ask permission.

Weathering the holidays became a bit harder. Then I realized that I was coming out ahead. No fighting crowds. Christmas bills disappeared. I didn't have to eat mystery food smothered in Cheese Wiz. Christmas became a day to relax, and it's almost a three day weekend, sometimes. You'd be surprised how easy it is, once you avoid that rat race.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/25/2016 4:57:21 PM
Better to be savory than sweet
And yet here is the poster above still with an active profile
I LOVE cheese whiz, not to cook with, have liked it since forever.
What else can you stuff celery with? Stand down pervs
Today I would have enjoyed a turkey dinner... with candied yams and waldorf salad.
Meanwhile, I bought canned soup I have eaten since I was 8
tasted exact same. Trip down memory lane. I mean, something hasnt changed all those years
Still kinda crappy soup tho
 cooldog65
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2016 1:48:41 AM
OP is an Asian who loves BBWs...strange.

If you're referring to marriage, any age is the greatest age to be single.
 loveisatemple
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/26/2016 2:56:33 AM

I am looking for a woman with full knowledge and understanding of what "common sense" is, done with the brainless monkeys I've met from here, feels like none of you have minimum capacity for acting as civilized human beings, probably the estrogen kicks in harder in american women it blocks their brain cells.
I'm a transphobic so not even bother messaging me if you're a guy with "sex change" that not even real, you can't drill a hole where your sausage and nuts were and call it a sex change, sorry but that's the truth.

And I'm also done with gold diggers, won't be spending more money on dinners, I'm going broke for nothing.

I'm not expecting to find a perfect woman, but at least one that has full control of her emotions and knows how and when to express them. Basically one that knows how to turn their estrogen switch off..

How sweet! Seems you are having to enjoy simp pleasures since you are sounding woman despising, cheap, and fetishy. When you hit 40, it won't get any better. You should do inner work because that rot is not going to draw any dates.

Since you were clueless enough to post such a profile, maybe you will be on of those guys who grows up late? Rather than stay in this contradictory pattern of wanting what you despise? Or, maybe now you are trying to be consistent and acknowledge you dislike most women. c'est la vie. Enjoy.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/26/2016 5:27:23 AM
I figured ppl had read his profile when I posted
OP, maybe if you turn the testosterone switch on?
My E switch set to perm on
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/26/2016 10:09:29 AM

30's are the greatest years to be single, just my opinion.

It's a fact, not just opinion.

Been there, done that.

There is no larger pool of healthy people in a wide age range available, for the average person to potentially date than when you are in your 30s.

I'm not expecting to find a perfect woman,

Well, at least you figured that one out.
 basilisk123
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2016 2:06:44 AM
I am 34...still waiting for this "greatest age to be single". Bullshit if you ask me....
I am not bitter at all....grrrr
 Maleman999
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/28/2016 2:04:08 PM
If 30 or 30's is the best time to be single, what's the best time to not be single? If people want to follow the standard plan of marriage and having kids, what age range should that take place? Ask single parents who are in their 30's if it's a great time to be single.

What do you mean by single in this context? There are people who live together like husband wife and might even have kids together, but never had the official marriage ceremony, so technically and legally, they are single. If they're in their 30's, is that a great time to officially be single? Or do you mean people in their 30's who are not in a relationship, and might date occasionally just for fun? The greatest time to be single is when you feel like being and staying single. The greatest time to be in a relationship is when you feel like being in a relationship.
 GhettoFoot
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/28/2016 2:34:02 PM

The greatest time to be single is when you feel like being and staying single. The greatest time to be in a relationship is when you feel like being in a relationship.

Exactly. For me, it was when I just got out of a LTR (23) because I wasn't looking for anything serious and was just having fun. However, that was due to circumstance and not necessarily age.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/28/2016 2:36:15 PM

what's the best time to not be single?

When you've fallen and you can't get up.
 basilisk123
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2016 6:09:11 PM
"The greatest time to be single is when you feel like being and staying single. The greatest time to be in a relationship is when you feel like being in a relationship."

Yeah but some of us don't have a choice. We are single even if we don't want to be, just because it just so happens we are unwanted.
 ryuoki
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2016 7:12:22 PM
I'm with you basilisk123. Seems to be just women in this area (we are relatively close). 95% of their profiles are "I'm a country girl lookin for my cowboy. I love huntin, fishin, muddin and bonfires. " I'm like "seriously? I doubt you have ever been hunting much less even know how to process a deer. You might have been fishing and muddin once, but doubtful you even baited your own hook. And who doesn't like bonfires?" It's like all these women are collaborating on what to put into their profiles. They seriously need to lay off this sh!ty modern "country music" as it creates a fantasy ideal boyfriend. Hell I'd like "huntin, fishin and f#ckin every day" too.
 hemingway234
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/2/2016 9:12:43 AM
Being single beats being in a poor relationship or marriage.
 basilisk123
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2016 3:30:19 PM
^^^^ True, but is would be nice to have sex at least once in a while.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2016 9:47:42 PM

^^^^ True, but is would be nice to have sex at least once in a while.

You can have that once in a while -- and even more than once in a while when single. And referring to a poor relationship -- you can end up having sex a lot less than those who are single. To have sex when you're single, you have to embrace failure. Failure like people rolling their eyes at you -- whether they be a gal you approach or an acquaintance chuckling about you from what they've seen before (or by those in the forums here - lol).

And at the same time, it requires you to be on track in doing so -- which means you have to Like to learn how to, and not impatient to get results Now to quench your thirst. Patience and the love of learning, along with embracing failure -- in not too long of a time, you'll have your dessert. But the focal point should be on the art of engaging women with maximal success & one's own self-improvement in doing so.
 GhettoFoot
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/15/2016 10:19:05 AM

You can have that once in a while -- and even more than once in a while when single.

True, anyone "can" do anything but with sex you'd have to find a willing participant. If you're on the market, not all that successful with the opposite sex and not willing to pay to it, then you're probably not going to be having sex. Some people don't find casual sex fulfilling anyway. I don't know if Basilisk falls into that category but judging by his post 2 posts ago, it doesn't sound like he wants to have sex with any woman just for the sake of having sex. If that was the case, he could just go on craigslist and find some stranger to ****.
 jrb1979
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2017 11:14:02 AM
I am in my late 30's and have been single for the last 5 years. I have enjoyed every minute of it. I have been to travel a lot and see places I have never seen. My highlight every summer is spending a week at Cedar Point. I am roller coaster nerd and love going to different parks when I can. Its very difficult to find a woman that is into going to parks like that. I can't see that changing any time soon. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have some one to date and do things with but I don't want to change my lifestyle to get it.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > The greatest age to be single.