Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > SCAMMERS      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 1
view profile
History
SCAMMERSPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I work at a prison. I have access to databases. Criminal records are a matter of PUBLIC INFORMATION in Pennsylvania. To my great horror, I have found that some of the men who have contacted me here have EXTENSIVE criminal records....and not just in my county or state. Why people think they can hide this activity in this day and age is beyond me. I'm not as stupid as I look.
 daynadaze
Msg: 2
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 11/27/2016 9:54:58 AM
I don't understand how people in prison or jail have the access to dating sites. But sadly there are many people out there who want contact with prisoners, some even marry them. You can't fix stupid.
 IReallyShouldnt
Msg: 3
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 11/27/2016 11:27:35 AM
^^^
daynadaze, I don't think the OP is referring to inmates. She mentions that criminal records are public info in her state. So she finds the criminal records on someone who she has been chatting with (she must need to know his name and town of residence.

Edit: Thread may be deleted? I feel the more info on scammers, the better!
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 4
SCAMMERS
Posted: 11/27/2016 12:49:49 PM
Criminal records can be misleading. I've worked in the Justice system, too. A person can be convicted of assault with a weapon for cutting someone's hair (against their will) with a pair of scissors. Similarly, a person can be a sex offender for mooning people. Similarly, when a parent keeps his or her child when there is a court order for the child to be with the other parent at that time, it's called "child abduction". I'm not positive, but if I remember correctly, most child abductors (in Canada?) are parents of the children.
 Seki1949
Msg: 5
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 11/27/2016 2:21:50 PM

Similarly, a person can be a sex offender for mooning people.

Or pissing in an alley behind a bar.
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 6
SCAMMERS
Posted: 11/28/2016 10:17:08 AM
Maybe its just me, but I don't classify people with a criminal record as a scammer, when speaking in terms of OLD. Scammers to me are the ones that are trying to get money, and are typically located in another country. They have completely made up profiles with photos stolen from others.

Those with criminal records are just part of life and you need to be careful who you meet and let into your life.
 junipermoon
Msg: 7
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 11/28/2016 1:59:10 PM
i always do background checks. pa has lousy sunshine laws, but we do have access to court records. i've checked out those for my county and it doesn't surprise me when someone's name pops up. you have to poke around the courthouse site for a bit, but eventually you can find what you need to know. i've found names connected with various appearances. usually for victimless crimes.

op, maybe you could suggest sites where people could check this stuff out for themselves for free.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 8
SCAMMERS
Posted: 11/28/2016 4:59:21 PM
"Criminal records can be misleading"
Huh? So like they didn't commit a crime yet have a record?
Sure, and one can only eat a foot yet be called a cannibal.
If someone is out there randomly cutting hair, who doesn't work at a hair salon...
doubt I'd have him trim my bangs
 Walts
Msg: 9
SCAMMERS
Posted: 11/29/2016 7:39:32 AM

op, maybe you could suggest sites where people could check this stuff out for themselves for free.

It would be cool to see if they spelt my name right. Ummm, I mean, my friend's name......

"Criminal records can be misleading"
Huh? So like they didn't commit a crime yet have a record?

No.

It's all relative to what you, as an individual defines as a "crime". If you are just going with what our legal systems deem a "crime" then, you will have a pretty big list of "criminals". It's time for a little critical thinking. For example, down south, 3 convictions for pot possession alone, means an awful lot in their system, and a pretty long reservation behind bars. Now? Individual states are chosing to legalize the stuff. What will happen, now, to those behind bars for that "crime"??????

A record, for one.

Feel safer?

How about protestors? Again, down south in Dakota should be showing you that it really isn't hard to be a "criminal", especially when you decide the government is giving it to you up the rear without lube, and you want to voice your displeasure.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 10
SCAMMERS
Posted: 11/29/2016 7:44:47 AM
again huh? The US criminal code is different that here
Here you can see what the crime was.
but then again Karla is a free woman
 Seki1949
Msg: 11
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 11/29/2016 7:52:25 AM
^ ^ ^ ^
Who is Karla?
 Walts
Msg: 12
SCAMMERS
Posted: 11/29/2016 8:02:41 AM
Does the crime list mention anything to do with a mental illness?
Does the crime list mention any addiction problems???
Does the crime list mention any rehab after the imprisonment/punishment?
Does the crime list mention ANY details at all?

Murder is bad, and against the law. You probably shouldn't do it it 90% of the time. The other 10%???? Well, you are allowed to join the armed forces, aren't ya? Government says it's okay in that context.

I know you can "see" what the "crime" was. But, you never know the actual details, unless it's a case like Karla's. Even then, you are only reading what they know, and are gonna tell ya.

Imprisonment, is suppose to be a punishment for a crime you have DONE. After serving, at what time are you NOT defined as a "criminal", or in the case, a "scammer"??????
 rearguard*2
Msg: 13
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 11/29/2016 9:07:01 AM

Who is Karla?

Karla is a lovely young woman who murdered her sister and another woman with her sometime boyfriend, lied about her involvement, managed to get a deal from the courts before evidence hidden by her legal team came out, served he sentence, changed her name, and lives happily in the suburbs with a new husband and children.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 14
SCAMMERS
Posted: 11/29/2016 10:10:53 AM
Well not so happy now as she was outed and the school parents quickly moved to keep her away from their children.
She married her Lawyer's husband.
So Walts you think once the time is served then the record should be erased?
I'd like to know if guy I was banging had committed what I consider a serious crime, not busted for 2 joints but say a serial rapist.

Karla has dead eyes.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 15
SCAMMERS
Posted: 11/29/2016 10:18:51 AM
"Punishment" is a funny word. In behaviourism, punishment is only something that decreases the chances that a behaviour will occur in the future; but jail time increases criminal behaviour. So it could be argued that the only benefit to putting people in jail is to make society feel better, kind of like revenge. Unless of course the perpetrator is locked up for life with no chance of parole. But that's an incredible financial cost to society; plus, lots of crimes occur within jails. I suppose we could just kill everyone who commits a crime. I'd be dead, for sure - I've driven away from a gas station having forgotten to pay for my gas, among other things.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 16
SCAMMERS
Posted: 11/29/2016 11:23:36 AM
Hard to do living in a province that has Grant's Law
But it will prolly soon be an episode of CSI Kamloops :/
Not kill, maybe do a clockwork orange, force them to listen to Nickelback 3 days straight
 sun___flower
Msg: 17
view profile
History
SCISSORS
Posted: 11/29/2016 11:34:06 AM
Every time you point at a man convicted of cutting off someone's hair, there are three fingers pointing back at you, wielding their own pair of scissors.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 18
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 11/29/2016 11:39:47 AM
We abandoned punishment for crimes about 2 centuries ago and replaced it with a system of micro-management that prescribes an infinitely fine array of penalties that are supposed to balance the pain against the crime. Its all a make work project that we (collectively) feel is more humane that the 3 historical punishments of humiliation, chastisement and death. Of course, we have also vastly expanded the range of criminal behaviour to feed the hugely expanded judicial system and those who depend on it for a living. Today we have all kinds of crimes with no victims, like drug possession, the criminalization of which has had virtually no effect on anything except taxation levels.

Unfortunately, the minute details of any crime do matter. Worse, its evident from the false conviction rate, that knowing what actually happened is very difficult.
 Seki1949
Msg: 19
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 11/29/2016 8:34:40 PM
Karla . . . dim memory, Canadian case?

The lawyer and her husband . . . that must have been ONE HECK of divorce.
 hemingway234
Msg: 20
SCAMMERS
Posted: 12/2/2016 9:47:00 AM
Good job on the detective work Blacklady. Perhaps the fact that they are criminals might be part of the reason they are single.
 cooldog65
Msg: 21
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 12/2/2016 10:27:34 AM

I work at a prison. I have access to databases. Criminal records are a matter of PUBLIC INFORMATION in Pennsylvania. To my great horror, I have found that some of the men who have contacted me here have EXTENSIVE criminal records....and not just in my county or state. Why people think they can hide this activity in this day and age is beyond me. I'm not as stupid as I look.

In my opinion these guys are hoping you're not going to do a background check. They're also banking on you being trusting or naive.
 SnuggleByU
Msg: 22
SCAMMERS
Posted: 12/2/2016 4:20:40 PM
I agree I try to look them up online too once I get their last name. They will always true to cover it their bad past.
 Walts
Msg: 23
SCAMMERS
Posted: 12/3/2016 7:23:59 AM

So Walts you think once the time is served then the record should be erased?
I'd like to know if guy I was banging had committed what I consider a serious crime, not busted for 2 joints but say a serial rapist.

I don't think anything should be erased, or forgotten.

But, as you suggest, there are differences in what people are put in prison for. Without knowing the particulars of the crime, most people will only assume the worst. If for any reason, they were put in jail!!!!!! And according to what many believe, that is bad, no matter what the particulars are.

An exaggerated example but, Nelson Mandela was in prison, once, and many others, haven't.
North Dakota, will show you another example soon.
And with Trump, and even Trudeau, who's next?
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 24
SCAMMERS
Posted: 12/3/2016 9:13:28 AM
When I look my name up, I get a mass murderer in California.

If you live in a country that locks up more of its citizens than any other, pretty much any name you enter will return will return convictions. Doesn't mean it has anything to do with the guy you're talking to.
 Walts
Msg: 25
SCAMMERS
Posted: 12/3/2016 9:31:31 AM

When I look my name up, I get a mass murderer in California.

I kinda had a funny feeling about you Half!!!!! ;)

I've googled my name, and let me you tell you, I've done an awful lot of stuff in the past. Obviously when I was drinking, cause much of it is just a blurr, though some of it is pretty cool.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > SCAMMERS