Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Odd dating situation. Your opinion?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sineater13
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Odd dating situation. Your opinion?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
So I have a question. Say you're on a date and the other person tells you someone on their snapchat friends list saw where they were and that they were there. Then a few minutes later that person comes over to your table and sits down and proceeds to order. In the next 20 minutes the two act extremely chummy your date drinks their drink touches the new persons arm.

Would you be upset?
 sineater13
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Odd dating situation. Your opinion?
Posted: 11/28/2016 12:54:51 AM
This isn't the first date you've been on either. Let's say it's abouthe the 5th or 6th
 Walts
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/28/2016 6:23:53 AM

Would you be upset?

Matters if I'm in the mood to play with two. Also matters if I am in the mood, the other party better be accommodating. I hate to bring out the restrainers.

What the phuck is a "snapchat"??????
 prime ribb
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/28/2016 7:40:27 AM

So I have a question. Say you're on a date and the other person tells you someone on their snapchat friends list saw where they were and that they were there. Then a few minutes later that person comes over to your table and sits down and proceeds to order. In the next 20 minutes the two act extremely chummy your date drinks their drink touches the new persons arm.

Would you be upset?

Here's the thing. I don't have snapchat. A girl I talked to in the bar asked if I did, I said no I prefer phone numbers to social media. With that said, it's time for you to man up to this chick and let her know what the deal is. Personally, I would've pulled her to the side and let her know how intrusive it is, but these are things you need to know about your girl before you get too deep in the relationship. If she doesn't respect your position and continues to do this, you need to cut her off and keep it moving.
 sineater13
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2016 8:29:54 AM
Oh I pulled her to the side but I think by the time I had it was to late.
 Maleman999
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/28/2016 9:18:37 AM

Say you're on a date and the other person tells you someone on their snapchat friends list saw where they were and that they were there.

Being on snapchat, where somebody knows where she is at the moment, means she was on her cell/smart phone during the date. That in itself, or any cell phone activity, is a deal breaker for me, because it lets me know the other person has no interest in being on the date. In the OP's case, maybe it was a set-up, where if she's bored or not into the guy, she'll have a friend suddenly show up to basically end the dating part of the evening.Why else would she be on a cell phone and letting someone know where she is, and suddenly the other person is there right away, even though she is suppose to be on a date?
 sineater13
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2016 9:33:31 AM
I've had the set up thing suggested to me by many other people. This wasn't our first date it was like our 5th. I turned a blind eye to the cell phone thing because it was what it was. We were out watching the game. She is a rabid fan of the team were watching and they were losing so she was catching flack from friends. Being the 5th date the setup thing sounds weird but still possible.
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/28/2016 9:39:15 AM
Yeah, I agree with Maleman...what the hell was she doing posting on snapchat while on a date? As for the "arm touch", that probably wouldn't bother me unless she was hanging all over them. Some people are touchy and its normal for them to touch people they are conversing with.
 gtomustang
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/28/2016 9:41:54 AM
I don't know snapchat or how it works, but the cynic in me remembers the "old" joke about blind dates, you have a friend who calls your cellphone 20 minutes into the meet, so if you need an excuse to run away, you make it up right there.

there are probably situations where this isn't as bad as it seems, but if I meet a lady who doesn't wish to be alone with me...I suspect she doesn't plan to ever be alone with me. I'm in the friend zone, a hang out buddy.
 maybeebaybee1
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/28/2016 9:54:46 AM
I've walked out on guys chatting and texting while they're on a date with me. I'll be darned if I'd put up with a third wheel rolling in on my territory.
 cooldog65
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2016 10:09:15 AM
I assume the other person is a guy? I would have had a few choice words for her and I would have walked out.

If the game wasn't going well, then she could have conversed with you more instead of being on her phone.
 2ufo2
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/28/2016 10:38:51 AM
Upset? Not really because by the 5th date or so, I'd be aware of this tendency.

However, I would walk out (leaving them to pay for their orders) and when they contacted me - my answer would be something on the lines of 'It stopped being a date so I figured I had better things to do.'
 moonbeamlover1
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/28/2016 1:22:16 PM
^^^. I like that.

if it was a first date I would have assumed it was the friend rescue. if it was the fifth I am assuming this wasn't new. some people are super friendly and talk to strangers on dates but if I am included in the conversation I like it and have a blast though I won't consider someone romantic that is into group conversations during dates. if someone gets their phone out unless it is work or one of their kids I will start responding to texts and emails and not stop till I am caught up... which sometimes takes a while. Usually they shut off their phone after they are on the other end of that and get how disrespectful it is.. but if they don't the second time they answer I leave.

I am respectful and part of that is focusing on my date when I am with them. if someone doesn't return the favor they are not a good match and why waste each other's time then right?

op if you felt disrespected whether it was the first date or the twentieth and they can't see why it could feel disrespectful? you might want to rethink future dates with that person
 Ouija2025
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/28/2016 1:51:37 PM
He drank out of her drink. That and the touching means they are close friends, and sounds like she was bored on your date.
Personally I'd call it a day and move on
 Scaretale
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2016 1:54:01 PM
Well that's what dating is...

You date around until you find someone to commit to.

That's pretty wild she did that 5 dates in! That's completely disrespectful. I'd be gone and block her from future calls/texts/messages.

I wouldn't be too mean about it - just accept some people are jerks.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/28/2016 2:21:02 PM

He drank out of her drink. That and the touching means they are close friends, and .......

I highly suspect they have had/are having sex and looking for a third player.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2016 3:12:15 PM
Get up and leave. No hi, bye, or anything.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2016 10:27:37 AM

What she did shows a lack of manners and was rude.

Do you want to date a rude person?

Exactly!
This "lady's" manners are not going to get any better over time. In fact they are likely to get worse and worse as she pushes the envelope further and further.

PS -- I don't even bother with people who constantly play with their cell phones during dates. They ARE texting someone else.
 Murenas
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2016 7:23:16 PM
Tell the ashpole in no uncertain words to take a hike; and if sweetiepie doesn't like it, she's welcome to go with.
Just don't get stuck with the 3-way check.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2016 7:56:31 PM

'It stopped being a date so I figured I had better things to do.'

Bingo. If you went ahead for Date 6 and slept over, you'd wake up for Breakfast with the King in your bed (like the old commercial) or walk into the kitchen and he'd be there in a t-shirt with no shorts. Awkward.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2016 8:04:44 PM
next time invite a friend to come and intrude on your date and see how she likes it. Seriously, I wouldnt stand for it. She is already taking you for granted on the 5th date and she may be getting a little bored. By the way, are you always paying?? I agree I would also be moving on.
Anyone who texts or takes a call that is not urgent whilst on a date with me, it would be the last.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/29/2016 8:11:26 PM
My opinion is that these people have no sense of adventure. That situation would not be without entertainment value. I'd almost be tempted to pick up the third person's tab just for helping to alleviate my boredom. (Who goes on five dates with the same person?? Someone who doesn't have ADD, I'll tell you that right now.)
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/29/2016 8:59:35 PM
Anyhoo... I spend too much time on here, and on The Other Side. I shall delete my profile, in the hopes that it will motivate me to expend the effort to do fulfilling things. If I'm back in three days, it means I failed ;)

* 'Kay, well this is awkward. Apparently one can't delete one's profile any more. How dramatic of me.
 Seki1949
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2016 9:27:00 PM
^ ^ ^ ^
Well, that's one way to keep headcount up!

Don't go, there are only 15-20 regulars left who are age appropriate and non-psychotic.
 moonbeamlover1
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/29/2016 11:04:30 PM
lol at both of you above me.

but baby seriously? last time I was in here people were getting booted left and right and twice in Sunday but now people can't leave?

it's the hotel California now I guess... . you can enter but you can never leave bwa ha ha ha ha...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Odd dating situation. Your opinion?