Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > dad says go find rich girl. lol      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bmw100123
Msg: 1
dad says go find rich girl. lolPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Was at family reunion and my dad tells me go find rich chinese girl. He tells me how meighbour wifes side family bought house..the girl is lawyer and comes from rich family and guy only works part time as janitor. Hes poor and asian too
Hes telling me this story as im guessing he wants me also find a girl similar to neighbour.
He says it all about how you do it and care for girl and make her happy. Girls dont care about ur money. Im chinese btw
This is a.lot.easier said than done. Whats your thoughts on this. Most girls.i dated or had luck with as gfs.were around my class and status. Just.middle income type ppl
 GhettoFoot
Msg: 2
dad says go find rich girl. lol
Posted: 11/28/2016 3:57:57 PM

Whats your thoughts on this. Most girls.i dated or had luck with as gfs.were around my class and status.

Stick with what has worked in the past. People who go out of their way to pursue others who are vastly different from them are just setting themselves up for more conflicts, headaches and even heartaches.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2016 6:59:53 PM
Date in the way that is comfortable for YOU.
 ryuoki
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2016 7:02:25 PM
I would love to find a woman who earns way more than 50k a year (my income). Maybe I won't need to work so much then, or get a local job working for walmart. I honestly have no idea how to attract a woman who makes more money than I do..... I am having trouble just attracting a woman period. If you are at least getting girl friends you got far more working in your favor than I do. Now I am jealous.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2016 8:30:12 PM
Yes, find an ugly rich girl that won't cheat on you. You are golden!!!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2016 12:25:17 AM
why a rich girl would marry a janitor I dont know. Perhaps he is handsome and she is ugly!
He is living off her and is that what you want? I dont respect men that live off women, particularly if they are the same sort of age.
 basilisk123
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2016 2:19:19 AM
It could be a variety of reasons. Chinese customs and protocals are a little different than in the west. In the west, our parents have less say in our decisions. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but don't the female's family traditionally give some sort of dowry, or am I getting my cultures mixed up. From my perspective, I think you should date who YOU want. It is your life after all.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2016 3:52:30 AM
^^^ Indeed. Previous posters may be discounting the pressures of Chinese cultural practices when it comes to forming relationships. Social standing and the effect it has on the family status is very important. Could be worse. He could be gay...
 bmw100123
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/30/2016 9:08:01 AM
You wish hey
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I wonder
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2016 9:33:38 AM
I would not want to be involved with a woman who was constantly on the phone, busy, stressed out due to her career no matter how much money she made.

Not interested in being a " kept man "
 Maleman999
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/30/2016 10:20:06 AM
I think most of the Kardashian women are still single. You might want to try contacting one of them.
 bmw100123
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/30/2016 10:23:08 AM
my family has money and i guess we work too hard for it. they dont want to share it with a poor girl/family and let it go so easily. parents very cautious that girl might take the house and be a user since we got money. we are kind of calculative ppl and stingy lol
 aintnodeal
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2016 4:52:33 PM
Your Dad should take the initiative and arrange a marriage FOR you. You don't seem eager to find a rich girl, or even a girl for that matter, so maybe Dad can set you up for life and you can co-miserate on holidays....?
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/1/2016 6:31:17 AM

my family has money and i guess we work too hard for it. they dont want to share it with a poor girl/family and let it go so easily. parents very cautious that girl might take the house and be a user since we got money. we are kind of calculative ppl and stingy lol

Your family is illogical. A rich girl and her family/lawyer are more likely to take assets from you than a poor girl would. The poor girl could very well be after your money, but the rich girl is too.

Not surprised the rich family is stingy. Rich people are the biggest cheapskates. That's one reason "trickle down" economics are bad. Rich people are penny pinchers, hoarding wealth. Once wealth gets into the hands of the rich, it never leaves.

Grow a pair and think for yourself instead of doing whatever your parents say. If your parents threaten to cut off your trust fund, you can choose whether to be a slave to your parents or a free pauper.

Rich girls seem easier than non-rich girls.

Where I live, Bumble seems to have the highest percentage of rich girls (of course they could be fake). They seem high maintenance, for example they often mention travel and their photos are in fancy settings, wearing expensive looking clothes. Tinder has more of my type (working class, blue collar, redneck). OKC seems to have richer gals than POF; OKC profiles often mention "passport" and other high maintenance red flags.
 Walts
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2016 6:49:30 AM
And people wonder why I'm having a real hard time living in this phucking city anymore.

Not picking on the OP but, his family's thoughts, and beliefs are exactly why I do a lot of shaking my head, and then, turning my back and walking away.
 Maleman999
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/1/2016 1:27:24 PM
OP: Do you make a decent living at what you do? If so, it would be easier to find someone who is at your level financially, since most women don't want to "date down"-date someone who makes less money than her. I doubt the expression "find a rich girl" necessarily means find a girl who is a millionaire. It probably means find a woman who is able to support herself, and doesn't need a guy to pay her bills and get her out of debt.
 NYCKOSI
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/2/2016 8:17:31 AM
I wish my family had told to find a rich girl. ;)
 hemingway234
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2016 8:51:38 AM
Ah, so you are a golddigger, huh?! Money can't buy you love.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2016 8:52:55 AM
^^^^

Some people value money , not love
 NYCKOSI
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/2/2016 9:33:20 AM
Duh I was being sarcastic
 gtomustang
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Hall and Oates had a song about this?
Posted: 12/2/2016 1:50:57 PM
So apparently the screen name isn't a desire for the car? It reminds me of the cartoon where one guy tells his golfing buddy about how when he was young, he just wanted a young woman with big boobs, and then as he grew up he expanded what he was looking for and tried different women and they took him for what they could and then he got married and divorced and now that he's old and retired he wants...a young woman with big boobs.

sometimes, the simple things in life are best. I wonder who dad married, and how well that went. Still, the best possible way to get a healthy relationship is to be a healthy minded person. Then all you want is a partner who has a healthy mind and attitude towards life. Everything else falls into place after that. Otherwise, you take the best ingredients you can buy, mix them with a rotten egg, and the cake turns out....always rotten. Great ingredients don't make up for the fact you chose a rotten egg. So, date only the good eggs, instead.

Still, marrying a rich broad ain't a bad idea. I know BBC said he doesn't want to be with a woman on the phone all the time, but consider the cranky old couples who are sick of each other--one busy on the phone all the time, makes for plenty of opportunities to go out fishing or drinking with the buddies....
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Hall and Oates had a song about this?
Posted: 12/2/2016 2:41:00 PM
"one busy on the phone all the time, makes for plenty of opportunities to go out fishing or drinking with the buddies...."

I'd rather just end the relationship if it ever got to that point
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 23
view profile
History
I can't go for that????
Posted: 12/2/2016 2:49:00 PM
I've tried dating out of my financial lane, unfortunately its either they are arrogant, or I'm feeling inferior but I don't like the attitude.
 TheReason_
Msg: 24
view profile
History
I can't go for that????
Posted: 12/6/2016 9:00:09 AM
Always swing for the fence.
 bmw100123
Msg: 25
I can't go for that????
Posted: 12/9/2016 3:14:33 PM
Sometimes if you're lucky the girls parents may like you and they're willing to support you like buy the house or pay for the wedding.

...so bottom line: Find a rich girl or rich in laws.... or both! :-$
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > dad says go find rich girl. lol