Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Creative/Writing  > MERRY CHRISTMAS      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ApriLikesrosasblancas
Msg: 1
MERRY CHRISTMASPage 1 of 1    
CHRISTMAS

The focus of Christmas should not be on gift giving and getting, but on to bring hope, light and joy into a world of darkness, and despair...Not by giving extravagant gifts that we erroneously believe are expressions of love, but by realizing the gift of life is the most precious gift of all and by reflecting on how we might bring more light into the lives of others by giving the gift of self.

The "magic" of Christmas lies not in the twinkle of lights, the sizzle of latkes or the music that fills the air.

It lies, instead, in the love we have within our hearts and the generosity of spirit we bestow upon those less fortunate than ourselves; in the kindness we show to strangers and in the helping hand we extend to those in need.

It lies not in the gaily wrapped gifts we give and receive, but in the unspoken good deeds we do and the comfort we afford those who are overburdened by the trials and tribulations of life.

May this Christmas be a new awakening for all of us.
May we give the gifts of patience and understanding; tolerance and acceptance; brotherhood and love.

May we realize that prejudice and hatred are the greatest weapons of mass destruction and that TRUE JOY COMES FROM A GRATEFUL LOVING HEART.

I wish you, and all the people you love, a warm and wonderful Christmas full of love and peace.!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.!!
 NYCKOSI
Msg: 2
view profile
History
MERRY CHRISTMAS
Posted: 12/15/2016 3:18:50 PM
As Trump said :is time to bring back Merry Christmas to the malls"

https://www.prageru.com/courses/political-science/just-say-merry-christmas
 ApriLikesrosasblancas
Msg: 3
MERRY CHRISTMAS
Posted: 12/15/2016 8:26:02 PM
^
The truth telling link...Thanks.!

Have a good evening.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 4
view profile
History
MERRY CHRISTMAS
Posted: 12/16/2016 12:26:19 PM
The focus every day can be about helping others. No one needs to be grandiose the gesture can be simple. A smile is a simple gift and it is free.

Yes, if you live with a grateful heart for the things that you have you don't need much. The world is not so dark or disparaging if you count your blessings. Christmas is just one day but it exemplifies the birth of just one man that made such a difference to the world some 2000 years ago.
I believe that the spirit of Christ should be in Christmas but if you are going to celebrate your love for Christ you do it every day.

I disagree. I think that gift giving and getting is not an erroneous expression of my love. I work hard and it gives me great pleasure to give to my 4 daughters and 6 grandchildren and extended family and friends on Christmas. It is JOY when I see my grandsons open their presents and in knowing that those little things I give them will make them think of me every day when they use them. Somethings they may cherish for life and keep long after I am gone. Giving is better than getting but getting feels really good too.

I disagree. There is magic in the music and the twinkling of lights and the decorations and the smell of the Christmas tree. There is magic in the traditions of family and the remembrance of those that have passed and are with us in spirit. There is magic in the cooking and preparing the home for the holiday. There is magic in coming together with family in prayer and thanks for being together. Christmas is magical and everything we do to celebrate, the belief in love and in Santa and all of the excitement it brings to the little ones...this is MAGIC.

Unspoken good deeds are something that if we live a Christlike life we do every day. We do it because we were taught by Christ to care, to love and to love one another as we should love ourselves. When you have Christ in your heart you are AWAKE! He awakens you every day to the miracle of life and to be grateful for the little things, like hot water, clean clothes, food on the table, a roof over your head. If your neighbor is struggling we are supposed to help but not just on Christmas. Christ taught us to do this everyday. To help those less fortunate to offer prayer and hope and faith in Jesus to others. Sometimes all another person needs is our time, our hugs and our ears... just to listen.

We are brothers and sisters in Christ. He gave his apostles and all of us the gift of the Holy Spirit. When you are guided by Him there is no room for prejudice, hatred, bigotry, anger, deception and violence.There is no weapons against us. We leave our troubles at his feet. There is no division. We are all our Father's children. The Holy Spirit gives us the gifts to be patient, tolerant, accepting and encouraging to each other. He gives us the insight to know how and when to help others. He brings that kind of love to us each and every day.

Christmas is a celebration of those gifts of the Holy Spirit and the rejoicing in the birth of our Savior. There is nothing wrong with giving or receiving. It is not an erroneous expression to me... but one of love that always abides in my heart by knowing Christ and following him every day.

Merry Christmas!
Show ALL Forums  > Creative/Writing  > MERRY CHRISTMAS