Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What do you think of a guy who is in a relationship and is still acti      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 knight2016
Msg: 3
view profile
History
What do you think of a guy who is in a relationship and is still active on a dating site?Page 1 of 44    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
I agree with Sundog. Unless I came to the point where I was sure I was going to be with that person for a very long time, I would keep my profile. It's proved in the past to be warranted. However I would not be active really. I have had it happen before that I have started dating a woman from a dating site, and went on to see if she was still active. After several days of checking and seeing that she was still active, it dawned on me that maybe she was doing the same thing.
 forthebeauty
Msg: 6
What do you think of a guy who is in a relationship and is still active on a dating site?
Posted: 11/16/2004 5:30:33 AM
I met a guy from here and we seen each other for a month or so and it just kinda dwindled away with him not showing much interest after a while. He still had his profile up on here and a few other datin sites as well as me. About a month later his gf emailed me asking about our relationship, and had been seeing him long before we even met up, so I would sit down and talk to him, and really pay attention to his reactions more so than his words and u should get ur answers. Good luck!!
 DragonRider
Msg: 9
view profile
History
What do you think of a guy who is in a relationship and is still active on a dating site?
Posted: 12/14/2004 8:40:52 AM
Hmmm ancillary question... if I become committed (rubber room doesn't sound all that bad ) does that mean that I should NOT come back to the forum? [I am sure that I would change the profile to no longer looking...]

~~Dragon Rider~~
 zoomzoomzoom
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/26/2005 7:13:49 AM
I have asked myself this question...If I meet a guy and I am interested ...Do I still check out my dating sites? Difficult to answer...could justify, that Im here for the Forums? Ha Ha
I think perhaps its a matter of time in an uncertain world...if two met and it gets serious then certain strickly dating sites should probably go bye bye but until then...Im checking out my other options. Communication...ahhh thats the key.
 serendipitee
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/26/2005 10:44:51 PM
keepingstep,
Throw him back, he is NOT a keeper!
 Thudpucker
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/27/2005 5:44:07 AM
I must state in advance that -- I qualify – I am in a relationship and I still have my profile active on PoF – and my girlfriend is a “fishie” too! We are both POFFAs (Forum Addicts). We discuss forum topics daily in our phone conversations, and we discuss some of our favorite forum contributors (Nice legs, Indi!). I have made changes to my profile to reflect my status, (but I still get inquiries.).

I exchange emails with a few PoF friends occasionally – not as a “come on” but rather as a matter of mutual respect and regard.

My status as a man in a committed relationship has not rescinded my position as a member of the human race; it has only whetted my desire for affiliation. As my relationship with her has grown, I have become more in touch with myself, and my ability to interface with others in an honorable way has been enhanced.

I perceive only positives.
 Thudpucker
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/27/2005 7:24:35 AM
Hello . . . (hangs head, removes hat) . . . I am Thudpucker, and I am a forum addict . . .
 linne
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/27/2005 7:39:27 AM
I've been seeing a guy a couple months, and I'm still on here because I'm a damned chat addict. He'd probably kick my ass if he knew.
 cindylouwho1
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/20/2006 7:07:32 AM
doesn't mean someone's cheating by being here. That song's been played out
 nycdoctor
Msg: 26
Posted: 1/20/2006 8:21:53 AM
This guy who who is still active in a dating site might feel that his girlfriend isn't as commited as he is. I was in a relationship where I wanted more commitment...she wanted to take it slow. I wanted to spend more time with her...she said...if we lived near each other ...things would be different. I am sorry...but unless the person who posted this topic...is totally commited and SHOW IT. KEY WORD - SHOW IT...he has the right to do whatever he wants.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/20/2006 4:06:32 PM
My "guy" is still active on here as well. We met each other here, so we decided to stay here. Our profiles are clear that we're not here to find someone to "date" but for our friends and the forums. He reads my posts I read his. We're on at different times because of our work schedules. It's not an issue with us, if it does become one I'm sure we'll discuss it and decide what to do.
 mandy21fca01
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/20/2006 5:27:49 PM
without a ring on his finger is he actually doing anything illegal?
 bucsgirl
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/20/2006 6:22:43 PM
crunch Thanks, and really I do understand. I think at least most people who know me and those who know my SO, he's not on here as much as I am simply because of his work, know that we met or kinda just stumbled across or discovered each other here. As single people, so we have a certain affection not just for the site, like going back to the place where you first met, but a great deal of affection for the many wonderful people we've met. We realize it IS a dating site and still get the odd email from someone interested, even though our profiles are blantantly CLEAR that we're hooked up but I guess we look at it as more of a friends' site. I had a profile on another site, and actually hadn't been there in so long I forgot about it but took that down many months ago, too. If I decided for whatever reason to delete my profile, I simply would. If he should decide to take his off, he would. I wouldn't ask him to take his off because I took mine down and he would not ask me either. He can do as he wishes, I do not seek to exert control over him. He's a mature intelligent man I trust him to make good decisions.
 mandy21fca01
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/20/2006 7:04:38 PM
he can't delete it, only a mod or the admin can. All he can do is request to have it deleted. Your kinda at their mercy at that point.

If he wants it deleted fast he should purposely break a rule, that'll do it lol. Course knowing these guys, he'll break one without even knowing he did.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/20/2006 7:09:44 PM
Umm...mandy I realize you're new here, but you CAN delete your profile anytime. You need a mod to delete a post or a thread. Your profile here is totally under your control, unless it is in violation of the rules. Just wanted to let you know.
 snowbird1111
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/21/2006 1:57:52 PM
yes , he is still looking for the next best thing that might be right around the corner, while keeping one in his hand until then

Happens all the time in here

He'll probably end up alone, having let all the good ones get away
 cindylouwho1
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/23/2006 6:32:10 PM
ask him directly
or discreetly look at his forum postings.
unless he's messing around on you, he should be free to do as he wishes. Show some trust.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/24/2006 7:00:09 PM
cinnamon Hey sweetie, yeah I realize the situation may be a bit different. Actually, we didn't really even talk about it, just both changed our profiles at the same time. That's how alike we think. We just have so many mutual friends here, it'd be like moving away or something. So we didn't consider it a problem or even an issue.
 blondiebabeo
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/25/2006 8:04:34 AM
I would definitely talk to him about it.. He must not be getting as serious as U,leaving his options open?? I would NOT leave my profiles on dating sites If I felt we were both getting serious,and I would expect him to do the same.. If not, I would move on.. I think U are not both on the same page.. GOOD LUCK..
 young_55
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/5/2006 7:02:15 PM
yeah right only males cheat.. uh-huh
 SouthernCherry
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/6/2006 7:09:37 PM
when someone on a site doesnt mean there looking for someone better there just looking for friends.if u dont trust them then it aint going to work out its a simple as that.u can boss them around saying get off that site or make them change the status.its a free country so trust them and if they break that trust then u will know he or she is looking for someone else.
 young_55
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/6/2006 8:29:26 PM
^^^I agree and with msg 108 as well.

Your not gonna stop someone who's determined.
All bossing around is gonna do is make them more sneaky about it
 veni vedi vici
Msg: 62
Posted: 2/7/2006 8:20:42 PM
wow my kind of topic!!futbolgirl you would be my ideal gal very understanding!!
 young_55
Msg: 63
Posted: 2/8/2006 3:55:02 AM
Exactly. This isn't just a dating site. Its a public forum. How is it cheating to post to a forum?!

If he wanted to hide from you...believe me, he would.

The fact that you found his profile so easily when he could have cloaked it under any picture and profile info shows he wasn't too concerned about being seen.

Just being here posting to a forum is in itself harmless. I don't get how your "shopping for options" by responding to someone's thread. Maybe he's bored or doesn't have a lot of social time and this is it for him. Maybe he didn't tell ya about it, because it didn't really occur to him that he had to report his every little doing to Colenol Girlfriend.

If your that insecure you need to communicate with him and maybe move on to another guy. I don't see the harm in chatting on here in a forum. Big deal. Some people DO come here to simply talk on forums. And its possible he will come into contact with other female humans in the real world too. How is that different? So if he goes to the grocery store or to work and speaks to a female he's "shopping for options" there too? Gimme a break. Way to insecure...

Besides as has been pointed out. I see your here too.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/8/2006 5:34:21 AM
I agree with young55. While maybe on the surface it may appear to be suspicious, there ARE forums here. And people who ARE just looking for friends. It's MUCH easier to assume and jump to conclusions than to consider all aspects and actually ASK someone. There ARE people of the opposite sex all over and people who are determined to cheat are going to find a way. Some of us are just friendly people and enjoy meeting people and having interesting conversations. It's ridiculous to think that those who are involved would NEVER talk to a member of the opposite sex again. On the other extreme, sure there are those who are gonna say they're only here for the forums and may be sending out emails trying to hit on women, there are married people who are blatantly looking for someone to cheat with. But that behavior is going to happen, whether it's HERE, a bar, the workplace or even at church.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What do you think of a guy who is in a relationship and is still active on a dating site?