Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What are your views on women who have no bio information?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jedite
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What are your views on women who have no bio information?Page 1 of 1    
Apart from the ladies who are bots and just link us a website to go to if we chat to them

Some of the girls i have viewed have hardly any information about themselves, its either "........" or "ask me"

It is pretty hard to try and start a conversation without knowing much about the person, or have nothing to talk about

Some men usually put a lot of effort into their profile information so just wondering if some girls are serious about online dating or just doing it for a laugh
 gcdeb
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What are your views on women who have no bio information?
Posted: 12/20/2016 6:22:25 PM
It doesn't make any sense that you can't ask a question because there isn't enough info in a profile. Surely that opens up the question field?? eg have you lived in xxx all your life? great beaches there, do you surf? I had a skiing holiday there when I was 10 - do you get to the snowfields often? etc etc. Even "Hi, I'd love to know a little about you - what do you like to do in your spare time?"

Women (some) don't have to put effort into their profiles because they receive a lot of attention regardless. And most men's profiles have very little effort put into them "I like to make people laugh, like going out or staying in, ask me if you want to know more. I don't bite" would be an average man's profile in here.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2016 7:02:54 PM
I don't have any views on women who have no "bio information." How can I? There's nothing to have an opinion about.
 Robyn143
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2016 7:24:25 PM
The simple and honest answer is that even when we do have our profiles filled out some men dont take the time to read them anyways , it makes no difference and women get enough messages by just posting pics.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2016 9:55:35 PM
why not just pass those profiles by? they are bound to be playing games and wont meet you any time soon.
Effort for a profile should be short and sweet anyway as the pics are what count, the height, weight and job....
 jedite
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2016 11:58:48 PM
Some men probably, but i read all profiles, if i am interested in a certain someone i go over the profile again and try to come up with a conversation opener, if they ignore my message i just move on i suppose, but i do take the time to come up with something

Ill read all messages and reply to all, even if i am not interested ill take my time to talk to each one of them
 aintnodeal
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Your VERY BRIEF profile should outline how you are going to be successful in this life.
Posted: 12/21/2016 12:32:01 AM
Damn, dude...do you read cereal box labels and write letters to Kelloggs, Post, and Quaker Oats?

If you were in a bar, and every woman wore a cloak from head to toe, seated in a dark booth, would you ask questions of each of them?
This is what you are talking about - questions shot off into the near total unknown. You are wasting your time AND the time of the women to check your profile and DELETE/BLOCK before reading your note.

You don't learn how to drive by studying a manual endlessly. Most men learn very quickly that longer letters don't bring more responses. Also mentioning shared interests is also nearly USELESS. The only thing that works reliably is having GOOD PHOTOS that show your SMILING FACE. No sunglasses. No bare chest. No beers. No cars. No fish or dead animals. No wedding photos. No photos of you with other women.

Your VERY BRIEF profile should outline how you are going to be successful in this life. A woman wants to know WHERE YOU ARE HEADED, not how many bongs you have, not how stupid you can look, not how unkempt your bedroom can be.

Be a MAN with a PLAN, not another nameless goofball who's only success is beating a game on XBOX.
 south_city
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/21/2016 6:09:02 AM

The simple and honest answer is that even when we do have our profiles filled out some men dont take the time to read them anyways , it makes no difference and women get enough messages by just posting pics.

Yes pictures are often the most important thing woth OLD. But sometimes the profile does make a difference to me. I have contacted women with mediocre pictures because I liked their profile. OTOH, I wasn't interested in some good looking women because of their profile. Too negative, a long list of rigid requirements, I clearly didn't match what she is looking for or vice versa etc.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2016 12:51:04 PM
FYI this topic has been brought up many times before, but still, here we go again.

When I see a profile with no bio or information I take to mean the woman is saying one of two things

1) Judge me only on my pictures/ looks

and/or

2) I'm too lazy to spend 2 mins writing something interesting about me.

Neither of these things are attributes I would want in a future partner, so I always avoid.

If she can't spend her time writing about herself, then why should you waist your time writing to her. You are better than that!
 LucilleDixon
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/22/2016 12:27:03 AM
Let's be honest, many men on this site aren't reading profiles. They ignore the profile bio and just look at the pictures. Personally, I can't stand that. If I take the time to write something on my profile, I'd appreciate him not not wasting my time by asking me stupid questions like "what do you like to do", "where do you live at?", "do you have kids/pets" or the lazy "so tell me about yourself"--as if none of that was written on my profile. All of that is a complete and total waste of time yet men think that's some kind of cool conversation starter.

That's probably why some women won't even bother with a bio because many men ignore it, just look at the pictures and then send messages.
 Nestaron
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/23/2016 5:58:12 AM
I prefer them actually people in them are shy more friendlier usually and if you want a picture you can ask for it. I love walking up to a complete stranger and just making conversation so on here it would be no different lots of questions to ask. Gradual warm up if there is interest it's great they actually do it intentionally some I think want me to interested in them not their bodies or looks.
 PollyR107
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2016 7:22:23 AM
Message 5 pretty much nails it.

I'll delete any message sent from a guy whose profile has no bio information. If he can't put a little effort to write a bit of introduction about himself, he probably won't put much effort into the relationship either.

Move on.
 Nestaron
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/24/2016 7:26:49 PM
This is why people have problems getting messages I will talk to anybody and have fun with them. If your a gamer or play on line games do you need to know everything about the person before you talk to them. I dont I go into chat everyone is my best friend same if I met a girl in a game I flirt kid around we end on places where we voice chat eventually they are on other media friends that's life. To me this is no different picture no picture I am going to message them some crazy message.

Something like quit hiding in pixel purgatory and come-out and join the rest of us smxy pixels for a little, You might get harassed by by some craved weirdo but it's better than in purgatory being bothered by me. Atleast out in pixel land you get more options.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2016 7:56:08 AM
"It is pretty hard to try and start a conversation without knowing much about the person, or have nothing to talk about"

Instead of complaining about what women write or do not write on their profiles... perhaps you could hone in on your conversational skills. It would help you in online dating but especially in real life. IRL women do not walk around with available bio's for you to draw on and discern for yourself what are the best questions to ask.
Just be pleasant, open minded, honest and sincere and work on your approach. To thine own self be true... don't front and you don't necessarily even have to be flirtatious. Be you.
IRL you can look at your mutual surroundings and say something about that. I have had men approach me in the grocery store and just ask about an item in the aisle. I'm not crazy about the PUA culture but I do believe you have to be creative to get a woman's attention whether it be online or not. It's only "pretty hard" because you are making it so.

EDIT: I find it ironic that your profile jedite... has no bio at all. What's that about? Is this post a joke?
 BLUEMISS
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2016 2:45:12 PM
I don't have much written in my profile except in the about me section. I think my likes say a lot about what kind of person I am. Guys are still messaging me. When I get a message in my inbox with just a Hi or How are you, I ignore it, even if I read their profile and they have a lot written about themselves.
I like what Nestaron had to say .
ScooterSB, so what, even though it's been done before it's always good to get a new perspective on the subject, don't you think. You must, because you put your two cents in.
 BGary335
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2016 3:30:33 PM
My view on this, and it won't be popular with the women, is that it screams laziness. Usually I find that the women who do this are the ones who are pretty and feel they need not spend the time writing about themselves because they'll have 100 messages in 30 seconds. I personally will skip right over any woman who can't take the time to put SOMETHING in her profile.

Edited to add: I should note that this is what I find in my age group. I can't speak for other age groups.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/31/2016 4:56:01 PM
Little or no Bio info = NOT serious.

NOT serious about a LTR. At least in my opinion.

But that attitude covers over 90% on this particular site going by my own experience here.

PoF IS a free site though so it makes perfect sense.
 TimC1968
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2017 11:46:52 AM
ask me= red flag avoid
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/1/2017 11:50:21 AM
My view is of a profile with no bio info
 JS3344
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2017 7:18:39 PM
I "ask her" if she is retarded..........
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What are your views on women who have no bio information?