Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Would you care if POF was doing a case study with your pics and priva      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 grabembythe919
Msg: 1
Would you care if POF was doing a case study with your pics and private messages? Page 1 of 1    
Over the past few days I have seen profiles of women in my area with the headline: Clinical/Research study-- And there were also profiles from different women who had the same in their job titles.

I was just curious if our messages and correspondences are being used by outside entities without our approval. Something similar happened like this at OK Cupid a few years ago-- In fact a new Danish case study was quashed after 70.000 users caused an uproar after they found out their their intimate details and drug usage would be part of their study.

http://fortune.com/2016/05/18/-data-research/

How worried would you be if your pics along with your private messages were being used without your knowledge? Would you care? Would you be outraged?

I'm just curious to see if people consider this a privacy issue-- Also, I mentioned the OK Cupid study that was done a few years ago and I can recall women and men posting something like this on their profiles:

"Here is a notice to any clinical research/advertising company to not use my profile in any of your studies."

It was something to that affect. But it also mentioned litigation would be used if their profiles were a part of any type of study.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Would you care if POF was doing a case study with your pics and private messages?
Posted: 12/25/2016 6:55:35 AM
That sort of thing used to be against the rules here, and might still be. However, since there are no moderators, they will only be deleted if enough people see them and report them so that the automated deletion software kicks in.
 NYCKOSI
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Would you care if POF was doing a case study with your pics and private messages?
Posted: 12/25/2016 7:04:52 AM
Some ten years ago I belonged to a political and philosophical discussion group. It went back and forth with agreements and disagreements. One day I received a message from a retired professor with 50 different type of questions. It was a study of how people think and why they think the way they think.

I responded back by saying: If you wish to know more about me and for me to conduct in your study, I will require payment.

Sure enough he was very generous.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/28/2017 9:04:30 PM
Legally, we have certain protections of course.

REALISTICALLY? Our pics, profile and any Forum participation are fair game for scalawags of all kinds ALREADY so no, I would not have a problem.

Because this Forum is on an OLD site, there will always be some "very disgruntled" souls participating who will use the site to release that frustration.

People should know better than to post anything on the Web that could get them into trouble.
 feirene
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2017 2:34:53 PM
My pics maybe, my messages? Hardly ever get any since i changed my profile to not interested in NSA, but they're welcome to all the crap messages i have gotten on here from men wanting sex or men unable to actually talk.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Would you care if POF was doing a case study with your pics and private messages?