Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do guys block you then forget and message you again?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ziggybeth
Msg: 1
Why do guys block you then forget and message you again?Page 1 of 1    
I get guys who block me all the time because I didn't answer a question the way they wanted or called them out on their crap and they're used to dumb girls so they block me because they got mad or didn't know how to handle what I said. They'll go away for a couple of weeks or a month and then forget they were mad or blocked me and keep messaging me, and while I can read it, I can't respond because they blocked me.

Then because they're stupid will get upset and keep messaging me asking if I have a problem or why I'm stuck up or just keep sending the same message repeatedly thinking I'll finally respond and I've tried to block them in return to get the messages to stop but it doesn't work like it does the whole disappearing thing but I still get messages from them like because they blocked me first my block doesn't take it's dumb.

Why do guys do that? Can I get this to stop? -_-
 Robyn143
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Why do guys block you then forget and message you again?
Posted: 12/27/2016 9:41:51 AM
You should be able to block them as well....if they are sending messages than you should have the block button somewhere on that incoming message. If not report them for harassment that works too.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2016 11:11:04 AM
Hi Ziggy,

Sign into your inbox
Go to the message from that person
Next to the block where you might respond
Choose the option in red which sends you to a link to report the user OR
Choose the option underneath that that will read BLOCK USER
Click on that and all of your correspondence from him will be deleted
and he will not be able to message you again.

Hope that helps.
You need a thick skin to be here online dating. Don't let trolls get you sidetracked.
 ziggybeth
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/27/2016 12:48:40 PM
I've done that but their messages still go through that's what I don't understand.
It's also a general question like why are people so dumb?

They don't hurt my feelings just annoy me because they're so stupid and I can't even tell them that they're stupid lol
I've heard it all I doubt there's anything anyone can say to even pierce my skin.
 PollyR107
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2016 12:56:24 PM
I'm surprised to hear that you haven't been able to block them, maybe contact the admin team?

To answer your question, yes there are loads of dumb people, IRL and online. I'm glad that their messages don't bother you. If you can't block their messages coming through, just delete them as soon as you see these users' messages in your inbox.

Best wishes
 Ouija2025
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/27/2016 1:16:36 PM
Once I block someone no message can come thru
 ebolakitty
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/27/2016 1:31:13 PM
Well jeeps ziggy. It's probably some weird email rule that nobody would ever think of. Keep trying and maybe something that you don't notice will change and the hidden rule won't kick in. Bad piece of luck.

I don't know what to say about the guys. Even if they did forget that they blocked you once, you would think that one "no reply" should be enough. Are they malicious? Are they just that desperate? Controlling? Who knows? It takes all kinds.

Let's hope for the best.
 gtomustang
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/27/2016 3:04:07 PM
'cause they see a bra photo and all the blood runs from their brains to their groin?

They're stupid, like you said. So, they want stupid girls so they don't have to up their game to the level of intelligent girls (makes their head hurt). Stupid people act stupidly b/c they don't know how to act smart. If they knew, they'd act that way. We all want to be respected, but we all don't share a definition of "being respected" means. We may want to be respected for how many beers we can chug or for some macho thing we do.

Hopefully, your profile attracts intelligent people as well as the dumb ones. But if you predominately get the dumb ones, then you are the constant. If you constantly attract dumb guys, something about your profile says, "hey, dumb guys!". And you can control that by changing the profile to not be so attractive to dumb guys who are just fishin' around.
 daynadaze
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2016 5:03:49 PM
You are rude to them, after getting them interested in your picture wearing a bra, then they block you because they only like dumb girls....? And on top of that, they then keep contacting you, even though they've blocked you, but you can't block them? None of that makes any sense at all.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2016 5:14:52 PM
I agree that none of it is making sense. As for wearing a bra, you can hardly see it or the contents.. no excuse for men to behave badly.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2016 6:23:46 PM
WHY are you ASSUMING that they forgot? It's possible your profile can up in their search for women who show bras on a dating site, so they removed the block. As others have stated, perhaps THEY are not the ones who are dumb, since their methods obviously reach you, and obviously have an affect since you wrote a post about it.

In conclusion = They seem very masterful and determined by comparision to your efforts and attitude.

BTW - you have been told in no uncertain terms to button up your shirt to attenuate the onslaught of horndogs. Claiming it's not that bad, only shows you like the attention.
 LucilleDixon
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/27/2016 9:24:14 PM

But if you predominately get the dumb ones, then you are the constant. If you constantly attract dumb guys, something about your profile says, "hey, dumb guys!".

False.
If I had my mail settings set up in a way that I could be reached, I know that I would get dumb messages and I'm wearing a freaking sweater in my pictures. Even with a generic and sensible bio, I would attract dummies. I've had men write me out of no where and their initial message was "can I lick your click" or something disgusting like that. Many, many, many men have written me and their idea of a conversation is "WYD".... "So wut u up 2", "how old r u" "were yu stay at", etc. Let's not pretend that POF is the MENSA of dating sites. Anybody that is on this site will attest to this: there are a lot of stupid, worthless, good for nothings on here and you have to really search through to find someone that's worth talking to.
 LucilleDixon
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/27/2016 9:30:36 PM
OP, I have had the same thing happen to me except it's always the same person. As soon as I see his profile picture, I block him. I don't write back, I don't entertain his shenanigans, I don't coddle his ego, none of that. I just block. These men must be either creating new profiles and then forgetting who they wrote or unblocking you just to block you again--which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/28/2016 4:33:59 PM
For what it's worth, during the 3+ years of actively pursuing single men for a LTR, I don't recall being blocked ...........ever.
IF indeed a man had blocked me I was never aware of it. I never made the attempt to send a reply, IF I didn't like him from the first message.

Block User

To block a user from contacting you:

You must have a message from them in your inbox. Open the conversation with the user you wish to block, and click on the Block User link in the thread, located next to the reply box.
After you block a user, they will still be able to search for your profile but they will not be able to contact you.
Sending a response or reply is the only way to know your message has been blocked.

I blocked a few for inappropriate first messages or pestering me when my answer was ,"No".

There were a couple who created a new profile to get around the block. I just blocked them again and reported them.
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/28/2016 4:47:31 PM
Actually, you can tell you got blocked without trying to send a message. If your message(s) no longer appear in sent messages before they would be deleted by the site (about a month), and you didn't delete those messages, and the user still exists (shows up in contact history or in searches), you were blocked.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/28/2016 5:55:24 PM
Copied from the site Help page.:

"You must have a message from them in your inbox."
Or read this as:
You (they)must have a message from them (you) in your (their) inbox.

..............you got blocked without trying to send a message. If your message(s) no longer appear in sent message-

A person could not be blocked IF THEY never ever sent a message, as in write something and click on SEND.
A message will not appear, if in fact it never existed.

Therefore, IF I received a first message I had no intention of responding to, I simply deleted the message AND IF there was a 2nd message, I would block the user, and delete his message. I did not feel it necessary to SEND a message to him, therefore he had no message from me to block me.

No message/No block
 gcdeb
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2016 6:47:15 PM

No message/No block
That's not entirely true Red. At least it never used to be. You used to be able to add someone as a Favourite and then the block option would appear (somewhere).
 aintnodeal
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2016 7:09:11 PM
...but...but...whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...do guys block you and then forget and message you again?

The post wasn't about how to block anyone. The post is about - whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
 Nestaron
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/29/2016 7:43:22 PM
There is a block button? Here I just ignored the messages if I didn't want to talk to them or found something they said offensive.
 south_city
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/30/2016 2:04:11 PM
Did the OP or anyone else in this situation add new pictures of themselves? If so, then maybe the people that blocked them didn't recognize that it was still the same person.
 justme_eli1976
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2019 2:12:55 PM
LOL, Yes I totally agree with you. Its so ridiculous.....
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do guys block you then forget and message you again?