Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > I Dont know how to approach her.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Odizzy155
Msg: 1
view profile
History
I Dont know how to approach her.Page 1 of 1    
There's this girl that I'm interested in and I'm pretty sure shes into me due to our long eye contact but she works in a store and I dont want to get her in trouble on the job trying to talk to her. How should I approach her or should I just let us meet at a different time? Im not shy I just dont think its appropriate to flirt with her whiles shes at work.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 2
view profile
History
I Dont know how to approach her.
Posted: 12/29/2016 12:57:21 AM
Advice: Stop telling lies. You're scared sh##less of her AND her boss. Your creeper-mode staring probably has her a moment away from pressing an alarm. If you want a date, go talk to her. How else are you going to find out her name and if/when she's available to date.

You plan is to meet her at a different time. HOW? Are you gonna creeper-stalk her outside the store? Geez...

I don't think it's appropriate the play the creeper role. Stop being a peeper/creeper so her boyfriend won't have to bust you in the chops.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2016 1:58:09 AM

I'm pretty sure shes into me due to our long eye

wow, so you havn't actually spoke to her? Flirting while she's at work isn't great but a "Hi, how are you?" is perfectly fine. Get a conversation going first.
 Odizzy155
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2016 9:22:22 AM
I actually spoke to her and said hi. But she works in the post office behind the counter and I dont want to be the cause of her being unemployed for conversating on the job. It happened before with a different woman. I would never stalk any woman but I just need to know if I should send her flowers or just let it be know in front of her co workers... Just help with the approach is fine. Thanks
 cindi_rella
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/29/2016 9:42:10 AM

I actually spoke to her and said hi

She's a stranger. Why on earth would you think its appropriate to send her flowers if this was the extent of the conversation?
People that work with the public are generally friendly to the customers.
 BGary335
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2016 11:54:03 AM
You have to talk her up. I've done it many times. Girls in customer service love it when someone cares enough to ask how their day is, and say a few kind words. Because most customers do nothing but moan, yell, and complain, which gets tiring. So talk her up, be nice, build some rapport with her. Show her your not a creep. Let the conversation lead you. If its going well, give her your number. There's no harm in that. If she likes you, you'll hear from her later. If not, well there ya go. Also, bear in mind that if she's pretty she gets hit on A LOT. So don't make yourself look like just another chump trying to get into her drawers. Be genuine. Be funny. If you make her laugh, you're golden. Also, be prepared for the possibility that she may already be taken. That happens here and there.
 Odizzy155
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2016 12:25:57 PM
[Quote]You have to talk her up.

This is awesome advise! I thought about doing this but everytime I go in there I get the ugly old lady or some dude so we never can exchange words. Funny thing is I spent almost $100 in the post office already hoping to be helped by her lol. Its cool though I will give it a try if not then I will just keep it moving. Thanks! :)
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/29/2016 12:33:49 PM
" I will just keep it moving"

Eat a lot of fiber to keep it moving. Even just a daily amount of nuts works well.
 Nestaron
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/29/2016 12:51:26 PM
Maybe she thinks your a thief, walk up to the register and tell her that you think she is beautiful, and unless she gives you her name your going to keep saying hi beautiful until she does. See if she dont give it to you want to bet she will.
 BGary335
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2016 12:52:31 PM
Yeah the post office is a little tricky. It's not like a store, where you can get in her line, and stay there come hell or high water lol. It's much tougher when you have no control over who waits on you. All you can do is hope you get lucky one day. But that doesn't mean spending $100 a day til you do. That will creep her out. It's also ok to check her out, smile, that kind of thing, but don't over stare. If you're looking at her, she notices. You don't have to overdo it. She probably notices that your there an awful lot too.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2016 4:16:44 PM
the word is conversing, not conversating.. how did that word ever get started lol!!
Since when dont post office workers not enjoy a bit of chit chat with the public?? . Where would you send the flowers? Does she even know your name and do you know hers? If you dont know where she lives and she is a stranger, very imappropriate and I would say it would creep her out. You could speak to her co workers about being interested and then see what feedback you get. She could be married, or involved with someone and that would be that. Moving on...
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/29/2016 7:40:20 PM

she works in the post office behind the counter

Buy a lot of stamps.
 jentress
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/2/2017 12:14:36 PM
OK, she is AT WORK!! She is a virtual prisoner there. She cannot conduct the required customer service while avoiding eye contact. The obvious course of action is to take the old fashioned route; exchange pleasantries. Be polite, be engaged, really listen to how she responds. Give her the chance to show you, through body language and verbal, that she is, or is not, interested in your attention.
 stylux
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2017 10:13:45 PM
Grow some balls or bend for males. Enough said. F&%ks sake... Man up🔫
 Odizzy155
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2017 12:09:42 PM
Ok so here it goes. I walk into the post office and I wasnt paying her any mind had a rough day I was on the phone with someone she stares at me really long(kind of suductively) As I did also. I decided to ask her for help with one of those self serving machines and she agrees to help me. The first thing she said was "your in here alot" and I responded "Im only in here to see you" she then smiles and then gave me full eye contact. One thing I did notice was that she stood very close to me while she helped me. So I presumed to ask her for her number and she said she cant because she has a boyfriend. I didnt give up yet. I asked her how about lunch and she said idk. But it was like she was giving me play but then rejecting me. After a few tries I gave up. Should I let this go or is she playing hard to get?
 jentress
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/6/2017 1:19:38 PM
LET IT GO. Is she playing you up for an ego trip? Is she just being friendly and you read it differently?
If she says she has a bf, why would you pursue anything with her?
POF, buddy...
 Nestaron
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/6/2017 1:28:08 PM
Obviously her saying she had a boyfriend didn't phase you. Her idk to lunch was your in and responded with leaving that was the false move just so you know. Your response should have been well there is always coffee and you do that with co-workers and other friends so you cant even say it's a date just a meet and chat with a friend.
 Robyn143
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2017 1:33:28 PM
wow, you have some issues you need to work out. First of all full eye contact does not equal "seductive" or that she wants you..that is showing respect and being professional at work. She is NOT playing hard to get..she told you she had a boyfriend and that should be the end of it. You are in your own mind and fantasizing that she is interested in you and any potential relationship. But go ahead and keep asking her out and staring at her like some leering weirdo..I would call security and throw your strange ass out.
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/6/2017 2:31:14 PM

the word is conversing, not conversating.. how did that word ever get started lol!!

I suspect it came into use during the first (?) Bush Presidency---I seem to remember he was frequently at his ranch 'recreating'---probably did some 'conversating' at the same time. IDK

;-)
 GhettoFoot
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/6/2017 6:31:56 PM
ugh. you sound totally creepy and like you don't know how to respect boundaries and worst of all - HER. She has a boyfriend, hopefully one who can kick your sorry ass.
 Nestaron
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/6/2017 8:56:14 PM
Why would a bf kick his ass and why would she tell her bf. Really how does she say that there was a guy today in the post office who made all kinds of mistakes trying to pick me up. The boyfriend is supposed to what feel threatened or something I dont think so he's going to laugh he might even say think I should come down and give the guy some pointers for the next girl. Like really if she has a true man that is how that conversation will go because he wont feel threatened by his attempt at all. If he does kick his ass he loses his girlfriend there lady women like to feel protected yes but they dont want their bf going beating up every guy that hits on them.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > I Dont know how to approach her.