Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Search by Username      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 thatgirl_next_door
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Search by UsernamePage 1 of 1    
I am SO extremely annoyed that there is no longer ANY way to search for a user by their username. What a crock of sh_t. C'mon POF! You make enough money off of ad revenue. You really want to make it impossible for users to find each other? This site becomes more and more useless with every revision.
 sticchic
Msg: 2
Search by Username
Posted: 1/8/2017 1:01:16 PM
You have to logoff. Use this link

http://www.pof.com/basicusersearch.aspx
 SLAFFA
Msg: 3
Search by Username
Posted: 1/8/2017 1:23:45 PM
Well it HAS been removed from at least one page.

For now at least.

You might not be aware that MUCH of what PoF members "upgrade" for is available to every PoF member who PAYS ATTENTION at the Forums and while moving about the site. No need to pay for stuff that is FREE to all members. I think BigFish set up the site that way and thus far Match has changed the site very little.

Also, despite what most Forum Dinos claim, Upgrading will and does offer a few advantages for those "seriously looking" for a LTR and at 7 bucks a month it is half the price [or less] of most sites.
 nashuar
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Search by Username
Posted: 1/9/2017 8:43:15 AM
Offline search has been removed, which was the only way to search by Username since they removed the link from online search. It's sad. When I joined the place in 2011, you could see who clicked yes on you, then after a year or so that changed. It's only been the past 6 months, give or take, that username while logged on was taken away. Now it's been probably about a week that offline search has been taken off. Given the fact that also they required you to put in a zipcode before you search, so you couldn't do a broad search offline. I'm sure there will be some other change or "perk" taken away in the future, as well.
 WatchÐog
Msg: 5
Search by Username
Posted: 1/9/2017 6:04:26 PM
On pof.com when logged out, click Sign In.
 cw35
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Search by Username
Posted: 1/9/2017 7:50:10 PM
I noticed the search is gone while logged out as well. They're circulating a ton of fake profiles and false emails with false names as well (I've gotten a lot of emails claiming non existent people want to meet me). Taking away the search option means you can't look to see if the people who like you are real even exist. They want you to pay for the feature and are obviously scamming people with fake emails to lure them into doing it. This site is quickly becoming one of the sleaziest around. Right up there with the phone guys that scam old people out of their cash.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 7
Search by Username
Posted: 1/10/2017 1:52:03 AM
You know it's funny I managed to get loads of dates and met my partner on here without ONCE needing to use "search by username".

I suggest people concentrate on the site's core features and functionality rather than the silly time wasting bells and whistles. Find singles who you like, send them a MESSAGE. If they reply, great! If not, next. It's really that simple.
 nashuar
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Search by Username
Posted: 1/10/2017 1:56:45 PM
There's really no reason to be come off kind of condescending towards those who use the search by username feature.

For what it's worth though, search in whole is now entirely a logged in/member deal, as hitting search while offline in general, brings up the register page.
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 9
Search by Username
Posted: 1/11/2017 11:02:57 AM
Mark

You know it's funny I managed to get loads of dates and met my partner on here without ONCE needing to use "search by username".

I used the search by user name feature all the time. I see a profile I was interested in, but not ready to make contact. I'd note the user name or screen cap the profile so I could reference it later when I had time to properly send a first message. Now, I just have to wait until they pop up in my matches or searches again.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 10
Search by Username
Posted: 1/11/2017 1:39:10 PM
Both SEARCH and SEARCH BY USERNAME still work fine on both a laptop and a Samsung (Android) tablet as of 10 seconds ago and I am just a "standard" member.

I find it hard to believe that folks using ONLY their "smartphones" would be denied these features.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 11
Search by Username
Posted: 1/11/2017 2:48:39 PM
I just tried from my computer using Internet Explorer or Chrome, search by username does not work for me. It was working fine just a couple of days ago.

If you know the member's username, go to and type: "username pof", the first link should take you directly to the member's profile.
 nashuar
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Search by Username
Posted: 1/12/2017 1:26:09 PM
I don't know what to say Slaffa, except that Search by Username is not an option for me while being logged in and not being logged in, it still brings me to the register page when I click the search button. I don't use a Smartphone to connect, but a PC. I even tried using Chrome instead of Firefox.

So no, it's not only people using androids or iphones being denied. Last week, offline searched worked, this week it doesn't. Can't wait to see what next week brings!
 madcity_kc
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Search by Username
Posted: 1/16/2017 9:29:17 PM
I get emails from POF to say that such-and-such user is interested in meeting me. These emails are now totally irrelevant because there is no way for me to find that person. So why are they sending me the emails?
 Mz_Informed
Msg: 14
Search by Username
Posted: 1/17/2017 4:30:04 AM
Update your mail settings to stop getting email from PoF regarding Meet Me messages.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 15
Search by Username
Posted: 1/17/2017 4:52:21 AM

I get emails from POF to say that such-and-such user is interested in meeting me. These emails are now totally irrelevant

They were totally irrelevant before, too. Anyone who genuinely wants to meet you would have send you a message rather than clicked "yes" or "maybe" on a silly internet "meet me" game.

So why are they sending me the emails?

Because emails generate clicks, clicks generate ad impressions, ad impressions generate revenue.

Why would they NOT send you as many emails as possible? It pays their rent!
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Search by Username
Posted: 4/2/2017 6:01:30 AM

Anyone who genuinely wants to meet you would have send you a message rather than clicked "yes" or "maybe" on a silly internet "meet me" game.

Yet sites like Tinder have become enormously successful by using a swipe system that does exactly that. Go figure!

It's worth factoring in that courtship can have as many subtle nuances for humans as for other animals. Some like a highly direct approach like yourself, while others prefer to take a more stealthy approach. Nowt wrong with that.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 17
Search by Username
Posted: 4/2/2017 12:12:17 PM
As I said back in January, "If you know the member's username, go to and type: "username pof", the first link should take you directly to the member's profile.
 Ibkule
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Search by Username
Posted: 7/8/2017 3:59:27 PM
as i was looking in here i came to the exact same conclusion....
 EvansFromHeaven
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Search by Username
Posted: 4/3/2018 2:24:56 PM
POF USERNAME SEARCH TOOL FREE => nbots.me/wt1 100% free. Do unlimited pof username searches. Results even show if they are a paid or free member of POF.
 LeftSpeaker
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Search by Username
Posted: 4/18/2018 10:08:22 AM
https://searchpof.com/
 AnotherSingleWhiteFemale
Msg: 21
Search by Username
Posted: 6/30/2018 8:29:02 PM
There is, but you can't access it when you've already signed in. WTF right? Soooo log out then just get onto POF site, tap inbox (don't login though!) and username search will pop up.
 canlakguy
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Search by Username
Posted: 12/6/2018 5:23:18 PM
Why does POF always crash with Cant't reach this page, all the time. It's like it has a check to see if you are a paid member or not. It always seems to b not responding.
 Hyperborean
Msg: 23
Search by Username
Posted: 12/7/2018 6:35:01 AM
Site is a joke. I mean, it really does bring me laughter so I'm gonna stick around. Looking at the "users you want to meet" section shows pretty much every profile I have viewed, way to go POF. One of the "candidates" had "No ragrets" on their profile. NO, I do not want to meet this person, as such a meeting would be very ragretful I'm sure. Still, at least it makes me look like a desperate, weak, imbecile.
Next I think I'll check out the "advice" section. Now, I'm not entirely sure of course, but I imagine that most of the "advice" will entail a financial transaction of sorts, or something lame like "be attractive, woman like attractive guys..." lol. Awesome.
 spot4username
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Search by Username
Posted: 12/7/2018 11:50:30 AM
^^^
Settle down.

It's from the movie "We're the Millers". A character has it as a tattoo.

Here's a Youtube link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjkLKKgOMRY

There is also an old Milky Way commercial that spells it incorrectly. The person was making a joke.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Search by Username