Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Is this type of thing really happening?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 flamingyouth68
Msg: 1
Is this type of thing really happening? Page 1 of 1    
I've heard that there are places on the internet where a woman can post about a date that went badly and warn others in their area to keep away from this certain guy. Basically bashing the poor fellow. Is this kind of thing really happening?
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Is this type of thing really happening?
Posted: 1/9/2017 6:35:04 AM
Of course there are sites like that. --There's also sites for singing goats and melting cheese, too.

Most of those character-bashing sites and their stories come off as one hopeless narcissist whining about someone being a bigger narcissist. Their numbers of web hits are usually very paltry, and judging by the stories it's mostly the younger 20-somethings that lurk there.

If someone wanted to truly bash anothers' character over the web - they'd do it on Facebook, in front of their 'friends', and be accountable for their accusations.
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/9/2017 9:04:17 AM
Did you do something on a recent date that you are worried about? ;)
 cindi_rella
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/9/2017 9:42:01 AM
^^ Exactly what I was thinking. Dont be a d-bag on a date and you wont have anything to worry about.
 Aussiebythebay
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2017 3:18:00 PM
A long time ago this site allowed people to comment on their dating experience on the person in questions' profile. I only ever read positive feedback but I suppose any negative ones were quickly removed. I don't know how long the feature was in place.

Having said that, we all know bashing other users is against the rules. Rules? Well we also know there are no (visible) Mods any more but it just boils down to human decency. Besides, who's to know what people write / wrote is true anyway.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2017 10:41:58 AM
What? You mean like people gossiping over a fence? Or over a water cooler at work? Or at a bar? Or a club? Or a party? Or in a parking lot pointing at someone? Or on some celeb gossip show?

People do that? Naaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh..........
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2017 11:13:36 AM
There's a site called datingpsychos, dot com. I'm sure it's ALL 100% accurate. :)
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/13/2017 12:28:56 PM

A long time ago this site allowed people to comment on their dating experience on the person in questions' profile. I only ever read positive feedback but I suppose any negative ones were quickly removed. I don't know how long the feature was in place.

Date feedback was a feature for paid users in late summer and fall 2013. Anyone could give date feedback about anyone who had messaged them, but you had to be a paying member to see feedback.

Of course there was little to no way to verify if the feedback was true. Forum posts about the feature pointed out problems with the feature. For example, if you had a good date, why publicize it because you probably want that person for yourself. If a member messaged another member and got back a "No thanks, good luck in your search", each could write date feedback about the other even though they didn't actually go on a date.

I left feedback about two POFers. One stood me up. The other was a meal whore. I was fair in answering the feedback questions (did they show up on time was one, did they look like their photo might have been another). In addition to the questions, there was an area where you could write any text, probably 100 to 200 character maximum.

Have heard rumors of sites where women dish dirt about dates. In some case they brag about mooching meals off unsuspecting victims, pretending they were interested in a relationship when in reality they just want money spent on them (I should send a female friend to infiltrate those groups, claiming I'm a penny pincher so those gold diggers avoid me).

Obviously the remarks cannot be believed. A woman who wanted to go on another date but he didn't want to see her again, she might lash out with slanderous claims about him. The posts insisting the OP must have done something wrong are not valid.
 forumslady
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/13/2017 7:54:31 PM
flamingyouth68- I've heard of sites like this.
Just for the heck of it, I did a search and found an article listing some.
There WAS a site where BOTH sexes get reviewed. (truedater.com).
Even though I found an article listing the names of the sites and how they work, I did not go look.
Who would when you can just actually meet someone?
Who's reading these and taking it seriously?
Even though I already heard about it, I don't worry about it.
When I meet people, I'm considerate. I stick out the date even when I'm not interested. I've never walked out on a date. I don't schedule a date and pull a no show.
So, therefore, as I said, I don't worry about it.
Easy peasy.
Carry on.
 flamingyouth68
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/14/2017 1:49:59 PM
I started this thread because I'm being blocked by the women in my area just for saying hello. It's not making any sense. You don't block someone for that. I'm thinking maybe an old date that wasn't happy for some unknown reason posted some BS about me somewhere. It's the only thing I can come up with.
 forumslady
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/14/2017 2:52:47 PM
Flamingyouth68- You are right, that doesn't make sense.
Do you REALLY think that all the women in your area have some conspiracy going?
How small is your area?
Maybe you should move, OR, realize that all the women in one town don't have it out for you. :0
 Aussiebythebay
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2017 3:42:17 PM

Date feedback was a feature for paid users in late summer and fall 2013. Anyone could give date feedback about anyone who had messaged them, but you had to be a paying member to see feedback.

Of course there was little to no way to verify if the feedback was true. Forum posts about the feature pointed out problems with the feature.

Thanks Viking. I thought the feature was older than that and didn't realise it was for paid members. However, there it was and yes, I can imagine many flaws in the feature.

When I joined in 2008 we could see the last five Forum posts people did AND the number of favourites they had. Flaws in those features too. The number of favourites a user had was a complete turn off, in my opinion. Some I saw had hundreds so I thought "well what's the point of messaging him?"

The posts insisting the OP must have done something wrong are not valid

Exactly.
 forumslady
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/14/2017 6:29:45 PM
Aussiebythebay- ^^^^
I just don't picture these women in this town coming together to keep him dateless??
If this feature was on in in 2013, ok then it was, but isn't this 2017 now?
All the women in his area were using pof and this feature and now he's STILL being shut out 4 years later?
I'll come back and apologize for how my post came across, but if this is going on in his area, someone PLEASE tell me where it is so I don't go there?!
(Have we entered the twilight zone tonight, wasn't last night the full moon??)
 sun___flower
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2017 12:20:27 AM

I started this thread because I'm being blocked by the women in my area just for saying hello. It's not making any sense. You don't block someone for that. I'm thinking maybe an old date that wasn't happy for some unknown reason posted some BS about me somewhere. It's the only thing I can come up with.

I think some people use the block feature as an organizational tool. If they are messaged by someone with whom they think they are incompatible, they block the person as a way of putting them on an 'Incompatible' list.

Another possibility - could it be system blocks you are seeing? If you attempt to write to someone who has 'Must not drink,' for example, in the Mail Settings at the bottom of her profile, and your profile 'stats' indicate that you drink, the system will not allow your message to go through.

PS - I like your Impala. :-)
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2017 12:41:24 AM
It is not allowed to name and shame here. There may be another site where people can warn others but really it is only their word for it and it is often just a revenge thing. As for bashing some poor fellow, maybe he deserved it, maybe not. Not your worry is it??. Hope you dont have some kind of guilty conscience. If you do nothing wrong, there is not much to fear.
 cooldog65
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2017 5:56:03 AM
OP...If you haven't done anything wrong, don't worry about those bashing sites. Just a bunch of bitter broads having sour grapes or having bad dates with somebody else.
 hemingway234
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/17/2017 10:24:08 AM
Yes, there is man bashing here too. It's been going on long before the internet.

There are lot's of scorned women out there (and bitter men). Maybe if they had listened to their intuition, they could have avoided these so-called bad guys. Sometimes victims are really just volunteers.

But in your case it's probably not a conspiracy theory. Some women block everybody they don't like.... it's free, so why not?
 PennyAnte
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2017 6:12:43 AM
"A long time ago this site allowed people to comment on their dating experience on the person in questions' profile. I only ever read positive feedback but I suppose any negative ones were quickly removed. I don't know how long the feature was in place"

The feature is still here. It is called testimonials. Anyone who FAVORITES you. You can go to your favorite list and click testimonial and write something about them that will appear on their profile. They have the power to remove it. Most people do this to compliment the person. I used to give guys testimonials if they had been life long friends. It's still an option to non paying users.

There are quite a few dating GRUDGE sites. dontdatehimgirl.com is one. I know there are a few that are specific to POF and there are both woman and men that talk about and reveal the user names of people.
I see a lot of articles about POF and both men ans woman rake the rejected over the coals. If you like Youtube there are many how to date vlogs and dating vloggers and date videos. I always read in the comments people that want to bash someone and use their user names, real names, sites that they are on. Yes, they provide quite a bit of information to out a guy. Warning other women, talking about their abusive behavior, typifying their methods of operation. There are hundreds of forums like that.

I don't think you should get all paranoid about it.. Just behave and be a nice guy and no one will have anything to write about you badly. Be a jack ass Geek and the web will be littered with crap about you.

Chinese Proverb: If you don't want anyone to find out, don't do it.
 south_city
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/18/2017 8:01:55 AM

Exactly what I was thinking. Dont be a d-bag on a date and you wont have anything to worry about.

Not necessarily true. Some women can bash a man ( or vice versa ) simply because he didn't want another date with her. Not because he was doing anything bad.
 flamingyouth68
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/18/2017 8:13:06 AM
After reading all comments the only thing left it (the blocking) can be is a superficial decision. I must be a major creep to all these women. Gee that's just great.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Is this type of thing really happening?