Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Some feedback please :)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bluesguy1981
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Some feedback please :)Page 1 of 1    
Hi everyone, seem to be getting a fair amount of girls saying they want to meet me (15 over the first 3 days or so) but nothing from there on and not sure if the 'meet me' feature is just PoF wanting some extra money, which is fair enough I guess! Any feedback on my profile/photos would be appreciated, especially from a female point of view, thank you.
 Forums_only
Msg: 2
Some feedback please :)
Posted: 1/17/2017 7:40:02 PM
If you want to use the 'meet me' feature as 'suggestions' only, it could serve its purpose. Don't rely on it.

The main photo is too far away to see your eyes/smile. Shoulders up, well lit, big smile is what we're looking for and it makes you appear friendly and approachable. You may also want to caption that photo so someone doesn't get the wrong idea on your 'real' job.

The Interests that are not generic (music, movies, travel) fall under The Obvious Clause (ie: friends, family). Go for one or two-word specifics for your generics and remove the obvious. What kind of cars are you interested in? Classic cars? Race cars? Car repair? This is where you need to give your viewer a sense of personality and humour if you can (list a favourite comedian) and she can find commonalities and conversation starters.

The whole first paragraph is so cliche-laden it's virtually useless. Other than "Hi!" and the last line, it could literally be for any other user male or female. I'm sure you could do better. Adding a line or two at the end of your profile describing the type of lady you'd like to meet would also be helpful. Are you open to someone who may already have a child(ren)? If yes, mention it. If not, don't.

You may also want to remove the incoming email restrictions until such time as you are overwhelmed with incoming emails. (You'd truly not consider meeting someone a few days older than you?)

Post back to this same thread once you've done some editing for a round of high-fives.
 bluesguy1981
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2017 1:18:24 PM
Wow, great advice, thank you. I really wanted to use my uniform photo as my main one but due to the 'cop' nature, I'm very rarely smiling in photos with it so have swapped them over for now. My thinking was the classic 'girls like a guy in uniform', which may or may not be relevant here!
Have tried to take it all on and put my own spin on some (attempted) humour too. Any more thoughts are very welcome :) . Thanks again
 Forums_only
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/18/2017 3:10:17 PM
Better already! A couple more suggestions, if I may.

How about a photo of you with the cat?
Remove the words "Friends", "Family" from the Interests field. Why not add Jazz?
 bluesguy1981
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2017 3:40:09 PM
Thank you. Yes, great idea to get the cat in there too...will work on that. Great help.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/18/2017 3:49:02 PM
"guaranteed not to go bald "

This part is HUGELY important - very smart !

For most women , as in 98%, this is a top priority - right up there with height and money !

This line alone should guarantee you dates galore !
 bluesguy1981
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2017 5:02:00 AM
Haha thanks. I haven't added that my dad is a ginger!
 Ouija2025
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/19/2017 6:10:19 AM
Hi ME.. why not add your first name?
Main is misleading imo as you aren't a police officer ( some women will be disappointed)
I'd remove " have my own teeth" kinda a cliche here. Besides who else teeth would you have?
Why not show the sense of youthful humor? Not sure what you mean by that - kids can find the darnest things funny. ( alas so do I)
The one in the red shirt, I'd crop that a bit.. white wall is quite stark
Why must she be younger than 39?
 bluesguy1981
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2017 1:34:34 PM
Thanks for your comments...I confess that the main photo is deliberately chosen to entice but I certainly haven't lied about my profession. People do have false teeth at 35! Not a lot, certainly, but some do. Just a bit of humour.

Take your point about cropping the photo, thanks.
She must be younger than 39 as I want someone my own age or younger to start a family, truth be told
 Ouija2025
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/19/2017 3:24:25 PM
Don't make me list all the famous women who have had babies in their 40s. It is a long list.
Sides.. you planning to ask them if they are fertile? And how about you ? :/ Ah the slippery slope climb
 bluesguy1981
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2017 4:47:21 PM
That's a great tip, thanks quicktyper. Not too sure if the humour now a bit 'too much' for the first 140 characters now though, but it's probably attention-grabbing , which I'm guessing is a good thing (lots more men than women on here apparently).
 bluesguy1981
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2017 3:58:29 PM
Hi, been making tweaks to the profile and put on some new photos- I did have my photo with the cat as the main photo but it was then suggested that it wouldn't exactly make my profile look 'sexy', even though my cat is cute!
It was also suggested that my profile could also be made more 'mysterious'? Any more feedback is welcome thank you.
 flyover_boy
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2017 12:50:21 PM
Hey Blu...

I think you are sailing along swimmingly ! Remember, guys are still considered the pursuers, so you’ll have to do more hunting than receiving.

One little, but touchy area I would change is in your mail settings, ages under 39. You may desire that, and not our business why...you’re just attracted to women that age or younger, fine. It’s your decision, NOT ours, and I share you sentiment, by the way. But, the problem is, those parameters are public and that generates tensions. A woman who fits everything you’re looking for might have a ‘first impression opinion’ and avoid you, where once they get to know you later, understands better. I’ve been on several other boards where this issue comes up. It’s a very fractious topic, almost worse than politics. Remember, by not having it listed, you can always do your own private editing. Delete...block, works just fine.
 bluesguy1981
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2017 8:12:06 AM
Fair point, thanks.
Hadn't thought about tensions even with women under my preferred age limits. Cheers.
 bluesguy1981
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2017 9:06:33 AM
Hi, have been helped by a female friend to revamp my profile and photos. Any opinions from on here? Thanks :)
 Forums_only
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/20/2017 10:15:08 AM
My only suggestions here are minor-

- clearer head shot for a main
- add a photo of you at the piano
- remove the line about looking for a 'new' partner (sounds like you trade them in regularly)
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/23/2017 11:00:51 AM

Hi, have been helped by a female friend to revamp my profile and photos. Any opinions from on here? Thanks :)

You mean your inbox hasn't been flooded for the last 3 months? (since last post)

How can that be?

(Sarcasm based on knowledge of the history and current state of OLD)

Use as much clean humor as possible in profile and messages, and hope for the best.

It's as big a crapshoot as it has ever been.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2017 8:54:53 PM
If a tall good looking guy who is educated cant get responses here then it just goes to show that there are few genuine women here who would be your equal or what you would desire floating in this pond. Just use it as an option to real life and expect nothing.
 bluesguy1981
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2017 10:03:40 AM
Hi, wondered if there was any fresh advice about my profile, and suggested photos to use please?

Thank you
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2018 3:00:54 AM
You forgot to bump your existing thread on profile reviews. You had a history of doing the right thing by bumping before your recent action of starting a new profile thread.

Yes, if you want a healthy biological kid, the mother should be under 35.

Guaranteed not to go bald? What if you get cancer and the chemo takes away your hair?
 bluesguy1981
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2018 11:45:20 AM
Ah, sorry, I totally forgot about this forum's particular etiquette. Not sure about the relevance of your other points as they're not on my profile, though they were at a much earlier stage?
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Some feedback please :)