Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Photo Moderation      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 thebigs427
Msg: 1
Photo ModerationPage 1 of 1    
I have a question to you ladies. I had one of my pics recently deleted as a result of showing a "bare torso." Apparently, it's against the rules to have these types of pics. I have seen women with these same pics on their profiles albeit with their bras on sometimes they wear bikinis or have shorts with just a bra on exposing their torso. I am wondering if any of you ladies have had your photos deleted as well because you exposed your torso. It just seems based on the evidence i have seen on this site that women and men are treated differently in terms of photo moderation
 Ouija2025
Msg: 2
Photo Moderation
Posted: 1/19/2017 6:11:33 PM
Demand your money back!
Seriously,,, contact the site, express your dismay. You spent hours crafting this profile, whatever women might be doing I think you make a stand
Please
 thebigs427
Msg: 3
Photo Moderation
Posted: 1/19/2017 6:20:15 PM
be serious please. I want to know if you ladies have had your photos taken down because of your "bare torso"
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Photo Moderation
Posted: 1/19/2017 7:51:24 PM
I recently posted a thread discussing the 'Rate Images' option of photos...

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16580865.aspx

Maybe this will help understand how photos get censored. If enough of your peers rate it as a 'Bare Torso' -- then it IS a 'Bare Torso'. As much as women (and men) may enjoy drooling over muscle pix and bared skin, it's policed by the masses as a group decision. Look long enough, and you'll find a hundred pix that may be bad or don't make whatever standard you believe they should -- but the point is - for the vast majority - it takes more than one vote to deem something tasteless.

If you want to be taken seriously, try posting yourself in a really nice suit or even a tuxedo. Women enjoy seeing a guy that looks polished and professional - probably even more than semi-nude and rude.
 sun___flower
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Photo Moderation
Posted: 1/19/2017 8:16:38 PM
I think it's a nipple thing, OP. Can you crop your pic higher?
 aintnodeal
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Photo Moderation
Posted: 1/20/2017 12:25:12 AM
Luck of the Draw. Probably thousands of profiles with semi-nude of nude pics that just haven't been bounced yet.
I can look at profiles for 5 minutes and there will be pics of women without bras and an arm across their chest, or wearing a translucent gown with back-lighting to outline the gap between their legs. Even pics that are nudes with parts pixelated or blurred. Really?

Stuff slips through the cracks. Some people have objects, pets, text memes as their primary photo and somehow they aren't tagged.

What you gonna do?
 cindi_rella
Msg: 7
Photo Moderation
Posted: 1/20/2017 9:45:09 AM
The torso includes the chest and abdomen. So technically a woman with a bikini top on wouldnt be considered exposing a 'bare torso'.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Photo Moderation
Posted: 1/20/2017 11:00:29 AM
It usually gets deleted if a number of people report the photo.

Can't see many guys complaining at seeing a girl in a bra/bikini to be honest. Where as women often get annoyed at shirtless guy photos, as it is the hallmark of a douche, so don't be surprised if it gets reported and deleted.
Photo Moderation
Posted: 1/20/2017 1:07:28 PM
My nudes stayed up for years and YEARS
Gets me *all to hell* as to why yours were deleted.
Do you have an outie???
If so, NOT sexy and they were voted off by more than one but not more than 25 .

Pfffft

LucilleDixon
Msg: 10
Photo Moderation
Posted: 1/21/2017 6:15:08 PM
Not sure.... I see plenty of men on here with shirtless pictures. I saw one with some of his wanker showing. Maybe someone who didn't like you just decided to report you numerous times.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Photo Moderation
Posted: 1/21/2017 8:35:07 PM
I dont see anything wrong with showing your torso if you are young and fit. However these bathroom selfies are much worse and they dont get deleted. Women do have to wear something on their chest so it is not the same as you being bare chested.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Photo Moderation
Posted: 1/21/2017 10:55:57 PM
The worst part of the bathroom selfies is that we're forced to look at someone's NASTY bathroom. Spittle-splattered mirrors. Toilet seats up. Dirty rags and towels. Grimey sinks. Dozens of bottles of chemicals. Brushes, combs, and various other greasy/oily instruments.

And it gets worse - photos in PUBLIC restrooms showing a suite of stalls, sinks, ugly floors, and clusters of toilet paper. The thought of people primping and posturing in such a stanky miasma is stomach-wretching.

Seriously - woman have dozens of friends.....why can't a friend take a photo and save the world from these horrors?!?!?
 ohenryx
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Photo Moderation
Posted: 1/22/2017 9:50:59 AM

The worst part of the bathroom selfies is that we're forced to look at someone's NASTY bathroom. Spittle-splattered mirrors. Toilet seats up. Dirty rags and towels. Grimey sinks. Dozens of bottles of chemicals. Brushes, combs, and various other greasy/oily instruments.

And it gets worse - photos in PUBLIC restrooms showing a suite of stalls, sinks, ugly floors, and clusters of toilet paper. The thought of people primping and posturing in such a stanky miasma is stomach-wretching.

Seriously - woman have dozens of friends.....why can't a friend take a photo and save the world from these horrors?!?!?

Women (or perhaps I should just say "people") aren't going to do that, especially young women (or men). They are trying to maintain the image of being incredibly popular, of having a very busy dating life. To ask their friends to take pictures for them to post on a dating site would imply that they NEED to be on a dating site.

I used to get around this by using the timer on my camera. These days, I steal pictures from various sites where other people have posted pictures of me attending events.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 14
Photo Moderation
Posted: 1/22/2017 11:50:30 AM

............ I steal pictures from various sites

LOL Ahha, A true confession!
Silly me! Here I thought your pics were really you, and now you tell the truth!

(OK my bad, LOL)

OP, I have never lost a pic, to the best of my knowledge had a pic reported, or had a pic zapped due to indecent exposure, or breaking posting rules.
Do I find naked torso's appealing?
Not really. I prefer the "Leave it to my imagination", pics.
Even in my younger days. I thought
"more could be less", in my minds eye., was far sexier than, "in my face".

(We are talking pictures now, not in real life, right? LOL)
 aintnodeal
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Photo Moderation
Posted: 1/22/2017 4:08:19 PM

I steal pictures from various sites where other people have posted pictures of me attending events.

I think that's rather smart. Of course, the lighting probably won't be so great, but if it's a day event, could be good. Also photos are not likely to have extra people edited out. Still, I like the idea, because your friends WANT to take good pics you ( even if they're inept )
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 16
Photo Moderation
Posted: 1/22/2017 6:33:52 PM

I used to get around this by using the timer on my camera. These days, I steal pictures from various sites where other people have posted pictures of me attending events.

It is very easy to setup the camera self-timer, and use a tripod.
 Mz_Informed
Msg: 17
Photo Moderation
Posted: 1/22/2017 9:31:58 PM

Maybe someone who didn't like you just decided to report you numerous times.

Nah, doesn't work like that. One vote per individual user/profile. Set up that way to prevent vindictive behaviour.
 hemingway234
Msg: 18
Photo Moderation
Posted: 1/24/2017 8:08:22 AM

It just seems based on the evidence i have seen on this site that women and men are treated differently in terms of photo moderation

- Women have always had the upper hand in dating and relationships. Where have you been?! When you accept reality, things will go much smoother for you.
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 19
Photo Moderation
Posted: 1/25/2017 7:27:00 AM

Women have always had the upper hand in dating and relationships. Where have you been?! When you accept reality, things will go much smoother for you.

Men (and women) who realize this generally have more success in relationships.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Photo Moderation
Posted: 1/25/2017 1:25:45 PM
hemingway
women have not always had the upper hand in relationships. That is a generalisation. Perhaps in your experience.
A true equal partnership is just that.
 hemingway234
Msg: 21
Photo Moderation
Posted: 1/26/2017 8:12:38 AM
It's a fact. Twice as many women file first for divorce.

Who has better intuition and is more beautiful? - usually the woman.

But ultimately, the one who loves less has the most power in the relationship. They have less to loose.

It's not really a problem if the woman is nice. But if she's got a chip on her shoulder, it's gonna leave a mark!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Photo Moderation