Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Reincarnation - Have you ever felt like you've known/met someone befo      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 richbloke
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Reincarnation - Have you ever felt like you've known/met someone before?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Ok. Apparently, it's a fairly common phenomenon for we humans to at some point in our lives encounter another person whom we "feel" that we know better than we do. Apparently, when we incarnate, we do so as part of a "soul group", and we reincarnate with other souls whom we have probably encountered many times before. The major events and happenings in our life are already pre-planned (check out author Robert Schwartz); that is, we have already agreed to play certain roles and undergo experiences with other souls for our mutually beneficial soul growth. Usually, we've lost all memories from past lives, but every now and then, we may get flashbacks, and we may remember people.

I had an experience recently that I'd like to share. I live in an apartment complex, and a few months ago, one of my neighbours (let's call him Neighbour A) was killed. I attended his funeral (my first in a very long time). A funeral is presumably a pretty significant event, both in our physical world, but perhaps spiritually also.

At the funeral procession, I was walking next to Neighbour B, a young woman I'd been neighbours with for some years, but had never had much to do with until the death of Neighbour A. But we had become friendly, and were supporting each other following the tragic death of Neighbour A.

I was walking beside Neighbour B and conversing with her, when suddenly, I was overwhelmed by an enormous sense of "knowing" her. I suddenly felt like I'd known this woman for a very long time, and that she was all of a sudden very familiar to me. It was a nice, warm feeling, that probably only lasted a few seconds, but it was profound, and unforgettable. I felt like I had some kind of very significant soul connection with this woman, Neighbour B.

Since then, we've conversed a few more times, and become friends. But there's a problem. It's reached a point where I'm finding myself continually thinking about this woman, and I wish I wasn't because she is not available as a partner for me, and I have no intention of going there with her. I seek only to be her friend. Yet, I'm probably developing a crush on her, and I don't want this. It's a case of where my biology wants something, but my rational mind and practical circumstances don't. Yet, I feel so drawn to her because of my experience at the funeral...
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 2
Reincarnation - Have you ever felt like you've known/met someone before?
Posted: 1/31/2017 9:27:21 PM

(check out author Robert Schwartz); that is, we have already agreed to play certain roles and undergo experiences with other souls for our mutually beneficial soul growth.

I don't mean to belittle what you believe about the afterlife and re-incarnation; but the above statements make no sense (except to the person who is trying to sell a book). If there is an unseen hand that is re-directing incarnation then it would make way more sense for him/it to put us with souls of those who we've never met; that way our "soul" growth could really be enhanced; rather than to get stuck with the same bunch of losers in the next life (to play certain roles already agreed to?), so that we can remain spiritually stunted for another lifetime.

As far as the rest of your story, it seems you are just describing an endorphin induced crush; but you can make of it what ever you wish to believe.
 kidreason29
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/31/2017 11:49:43 PM
the heart has reasons that reason cannot know - pascal

when suddenly, I was overwhelmed by an enormous sense of "knowing" her. I suddenly felt like I'd known this woman for a very long time, and that she was all of a sudden very familiar to me. It was a nice, warm feeling, that probably only lasted a few seconds, but it was profound, and unforgettable. I felt like I had some kind of very significant soul connection with this woman

ever felt that sense of the stars aligning up perfectly for a special moment?

maybe you are just describing something which cannot be described rationally because its origin isn't of mind, maybe there are other ways of interpreting the experience using words, maybe the words you use to describe the experience is the best way to elicit the experience for other people to understand, maybe you were under a spell, hypnotized, or was high
 JewelsnTools
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2017 11:18:50 AM
Yes, I have. I had been celebrating with some friends when a man walked in. It was like everything in me just sort of "stopped". I got my courage up and went for an introduction. We ended up dating for a couple of years.
It was only years later, after a particularly vivid, terrifyingly real dream, that I realized why I'd initially responded the way I did to this person. You see, in the dream, he was my lover, and I'd chosen to leave him. I had gone out to my barn, to get my horse, and he crawled out of the hay stall and, basically, murdered me. Damn, right? I shook, ALL MORNING, the day after that dream. But it was his face, those eyes. We'd long since parted, but I guess it was time for me to know..
There's a 'woo woo' book "Love Bite", by Eve Lorgen, that you might want to check out--if for no reason other than to talk some sense to your longing. Also, she MAY have been a sister, aunt, or even a brother, in another existence. Don't dismiss your inward 'knowings'. They're yours and they may be leading you to a higher truth, a fuller understanding.
Maybe, you were 'picking up' on Neighbor A's feeling toward her. No, I won't go ANY further with that, but it's very likely that you may have been.
Just my thoughts.
Jewels
 richbloke
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2017 1:21:33 PM

There's a 'woo woo' book "Love Bite", by Eve Lorgen, that you might want to check out--if for no reason other than to talk some sense to your longing.

Hi Jewels. Thanks for your reply and your tip. I'll check out Eve Lorgen. There's some videos of her work on youtube.

Also, she MAY have been a sister, aunt, or even a brother, in another existence.

According to Robert Schwartz, author of "Your Soul's Plan" and "Your Soul's Gift", different souls in a soul group can agree to play a wide variety of roles when interacting with each other in different lifetimes. We can agree to be friends, lovers, work colleagues, neighbours, siblings, spouses, parent-child, even enemies - you name it. We're all at similar vibrational frequencies, and we grow more powerfully by growing together, which is why we seek each other out.

Don't dismiss your inward 'knowings'. They're yours and they may be leading you to a higher truth, a fuller understanding.

Thanks for the advice. Intriguingly, myself and Neighbour B are two people who have been living lifestyles that are almost the polar opposite of each other. This may indicate that we have things to learn from each other. I intend to build the friendship. Hopefully, the unwanted feelings of infatuation will pass. Think positive, right?
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/2/2017 2:50:29 PM
"different souls in a soul group can agree to play a wide variety of roles when interacting with each other in different lifetimes. We can agree to be friends, lovers, work colleagues, neighbours, siblings, spouses, parent-child, even enemies - you name it "

If this really is how it works , it makes one wonder just how deep it goes.

For example, when a coworker is such a dik that I'm tempted to punch him in the face, are souls on the other side watching and making bets on whether I actually do or not ? Do they drink after life beer and eat after life potato chips while they watch ?

Maybe they don't compare notes til everyone involved pass on and then have an after life party before choosing to do another round ?

According to some who have had near death experiences , you are no longer bound by the limited human brain and experience everything at the same time.

If so, perhaps life is to experience the joy of the UNknown ?
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2017 4:47:28 PM
I have thought about this before, long ago. I eventually came to a logical conclusion about it. That is, that IF we follow the idea that reincarnation is factual, and all the attendant ideas that go along with that (all the meant-to-be, soul-mate stuff), then there would also be a reason why we don't carry ALL memories forward.

If we are together in a different reality now, in order to fulfill or otherwise deal with whatever from a previous existence, then the problem we have set for ourselves, is to deal with what is NOW. What we are NOW, what our lives are NOW.

In short, the best way to show your belief or faith in something like "meant to be," or in romance, or in anything at all, is to NOT think about it; NOT expect it to guide you; NOT use it as some sort of guidepost, or set of rules.

Live the life you are in RIGHT NOW ONLY. Nothing else makes logical sense.
 richbloke
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2017 6:22:16 PM

If we are together in a different reality now, in order to fulfill or otherwise deal with whatever from a previous existence, then the problem we have set for ourselves, is to deal with what is NOW. What we are NOW, what our lives are NOW.

In short, the best way to show your belief or faith in something like "meant to be," or in romance, or in anything at all, is to NOT think about it; NOT expect it to guide you; NOT use it as some sort of guidepost, or set of rules.

Live the life you are in RIGHT NOW ONLY. Nothing else makes logical sense.

Hi Igor. Thanks for what I think is some really good advice. There is little point in obsessing about or over-analysing things we can't control. It makes much more sense to "go with the flow".
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/5/2017 6:52:59 PM

For example, when a coworker is such a dik that I'm tempted to punch him in the face, are souls on the other side watching and making bets on whether I actually do or not ? Do they drink after life beer and eat after life potato chips while they watch ?

Maybe they don't compare notes til everyone involved pass on and then have an after life party before choosing to do another round ?

According to some who have had near death experiences , you are no longer bound by the limited human brain and experience everything at the same time.

If so, perhaps life is to experience the joy of the UNknown ?

Thank you for taking the time and making the effort , I at least say in etiquette
 aremeself
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2017 11:15:16 PM
The brain is unfettered.
But it has to be trained.
 Coma_White
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2017 10:44:17 PM
What may me more likely is that you are that person. I was reading an interesting account with Salvia Divinorum where a person believed they were in a 5 dimensional intersection outside of space and time where the lives of five people were connected. If there is something more to life like a soul or multiple dimensions, there's no reason why you can't be living multiple lives at once since physical time wouldn't exist outside this universe.
 JustinElle
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/12/2017 5:56:48 PM
Well inner space bots, and soul searchers not forgetting naval gazers why not sprinkle a little scientific discovery on wishful thinking?

The whole human race, (for those unaware of its meaning, that means all races religions, shapes and colors) not living on this ball of rock traveling through space, enjoying the life giving properties of the continuous infusion of the excrement of other life forms (oxygen) we all came from a very small group of humans almost on the verge of extinction.

Because of this fact, we are by definition the only incestuous multi-cellular species to ever have existed on this planet / ball of rock. We are genetically closer than any other species, as we are in effect inbred. So as for the self acclaimed sages of wisdom, that pontificate their amazing insights ........ who suggest we feel we know others..........it proves that sheer ignorance is a very creative force. Or in the light of recent scientific inquiry the answer appears so bleeding obvious that its become obscure.

So with quasi religious hocus-pokus presented in an educated logical way, what next, Father Christmas is real?

So from the obsession of the ridiculous to the perplexing complex of sexual attraction with what is from one perspective your long lost sister. As for contaminating the physical realm with the pollution of intimate thoughts potentially damaging the self created public facade of decency we all try to uphold. Let me inform the confused author of this remarkable self delusional confusion. Let me ask you a question ......Where do you come from?

I realize the prude and decent folk on this site all know where they came from, and regard some geographical area as the answer. This bizarre way of thinking, or to my mind perfect conditioning or brainwashing manages to sanitise and miss the pint completely. I know where I cam from...I came from a Fu*K and that is the truth, thus knowing the truth of origin when I come across a willing sister, with instinctive fun and games genetically programmed and recognize when the switching mechanism is inadvertently pressed within me.....I might enquirer if I am alone in this conundrum.

But then again the brainwashing is equally seductive, for so many....may I suggest religion, a hobby, sport or further education, some try to express such inconvenient emotional teacup maelstrom through art, music, or being dysfunctionally creative which is totally accepted in our dysfunctional culture as NORMAL.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/14/2017 1:01:20 PM

Yep.

But I also know it has nothing to do with reincarnation.

A feeling is just that, only a feeling and your CNS can signal your brain to do all kinds of things, much of which is out of your control.

Also if reincarnation was real, and you did the math, the probability for two people to bump back into each other is beyond staggering.
 BLUEMISS
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2017 11:20:22 PM
LOL'Trump....
You think you know it has nothing to do with reincarnation, but you don't really know that.
And as long as there is a probability, it could happen.
Ever heard...Stranger things have happened.
Everyone replying to this post has a different opinion, some believe, some don't.
None of us know for sure, but it gives us different perspectives.
The OP's question has happened to me.
 flman2015
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/29/2017 1:44:33 PM

And as long as there is a probability, it could happen.
that much is true but, the probability of reincarnation is exactly zero, therefore, it cannot happen.

Ever heard...Stranger things have happened.
No, they haven't because only things that are possible have happened.

Everyone replying to this post has a different opinion, some believe, some don't.
And the problem is that beliefs are not knowledge. The laws of Thermodynamics, particularly those that are concerned with Entropy, make it clear that re-incarnation is nothing more than wishful thinking.

None of us know for sure, but it gives us different perspectives.
That's a statement without foundation. It is like stating that "none of us know for sure that quintic equations have no algebraic solution", there are people who know that for sure because the impossibility of the existence of such solutions has been proved.

The OP's question has happened to me.
But that is no proof that the impossible happened. A form of the colloquial chemistry isn't reincarnation.
 lyinjovan
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/5/2017 10:28:08 AM
^^^^ What you mean is in your opinion its not possible. You may be wrong as a matter of science and fact. Until the "soul" can be defined, if ever, it is impossible to say that it is impossible for the Soul to continue in another living being.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5277

Additionally, we do not understand the supernatural world enough to say whether it violates the laws of the natural world....but of course the supernatural world is part of the natural world which is simply beyond our understanding.

And finally, if there is a "God", and God made the rules, God can certainly break the rules.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/5/2017 1:45:55 PM

^^^^ What you mean is in your opinion its not possible. You may be wrong as a matter of science and fact. Until the "soul" can be defined, if ever, it is impossible to say that it is impossible for the Soul to continue in another living being.

Until the soul can be defined, it is just an abstract concept, nothing more.

Additionally, we do not understand the supernatural world enough to say whether it violates the laws of the natural world....but of course the supernatural world is part of the natural world which is simply beyond our understanding.

So what do we understand about the supernatural world, like for starters where is it and how big is it?
 lyinjovan
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/5/2017 2:52:09 PM
^^^^ I thought I just stated we understand nothing of the supernatural world.... that's why we call it the supernatural world....the key being there is no such thing as the supernatural. There is merely the natural of which we are aware and the natural of which we are not aware.

If there is a supernatural world where "spirits" dwell or where people have ESP . . . its simply part of the natural world which we cannot see and for which we have no understanding... sort of like dark matter... we know its there because of its gravitational forces... but we can't see it and can only guess, right now, what its made of.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/5/2017 5:34:01 PM

^^^^ I thought I just stated we understand nothing of the supernatural world.... that's why we call it the supernatural world....the key being there is no such thing as the supernatural. There is merely the natural of which we are aware and the natural of which we are not aware.

We understand nothing about Unicorns, that does not make them any more real, same rule applies here.

If there is a supernatural world where "spirits" dwell or where people have ESP . . . its simply part of the natural world which we cannot see and for which we have no understanding... sort of like dark matter... we know its there because of its gravitational forces... but we can't see it and can only guess, right now, what its made of.

There is no such place.
 manreason30
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/7/2017 10:57:20 PM

The brain is unfettered.
But it has to be trained.

this man is, brilliant. Please write a book, I can't tell if a comedian or not.

Biosphere deity, be sure not to sway the wind in a direction to cause this man a fatal car accident. He has untapped comedian potential
 TheRevenant2017
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/8/2017 6:00:10 PM
Excuse the long post... it's long because I doubt I'll be around long enough to discuss the subject in detail. For that reason, I try to answer upfront the most common arguments.

Before anything, I want to state that what is below isn't an effort to convince anyone that what I state about gods, souls, etc is fact and not simply opinion or belief. Neither I, nor anyone else, can convince anyone of that. It is a conclusion each and every individual must reach on their own. The most someone can do is point those who hold those mistaken beliefs in the right direction. It is up to them to seek understanding, which will reveal that, neither gods nor souls are possible, therefore they don't exist.

With that clear...

sort of like dark matter... we know its there because of its gravitational forces...
But in those cases there is a "mystery" to solve. There is no "mystery" that supports speculating about the existence of a supernatural realm. On the contrary.

What you mean is in your opinion its not possible.
No. That is not what I mean. That is not my opinion nor something I simply "believe". I know what I am going to say is likely to be frowned upon but, it is accurate. That is, there is no such thing as a "soul", there is no such thing as a "god" and, there is no such thing as reincarnation, eternal life, heaven and just about everything that comes with the irrational _belief_ in a god. When I say, irrational, I do not mean that as a put down or insult to anyone but, just as a fact. It is irrational.

You may be wrong as a matter of science and fact.
A belief can be right or wrong but facts are simply a point of reality, they are neither right nor wrong, they simply are. IOW, they simply exist, existed or will exist.

Additionally, we do not understand the supernatural world...
That brings up two points.

The first one, there is no evidence whatsoever that the "supernatural world" is something that actually exists. Presuming the existence of something/anything which, so far, only exists in the minds of some, doesn't not imply there is something to understand. About the only thing there to "understand" is that it's a group of people's totally unsupported belief/speculation and, in the specific case of the "supernatural world" it really falls in the definition of fantasy.

The second point is about understanding. An individual has to _understand_, _not_ simply believe there is or there isn't a god. That's one of the problems. The other problem is that a very significant percentage of people do not want to understand there is no god because they don't want to lose the benefits their imaginary god gives them, e,g. immortality, seeing lost loved ones again, etc.

Even if someone offered an incontrovertible proof that there is no god, soul, etc, a very significant number of people would simply choose _not_ to believe/accept it. Not to bring politics into the discussion but, we have a parallel to that taking place at this time. It is brutally obvious that garbage-in-chief is completely unqualified to be president but, roughly 28% of the nation simply choose not to accept that fact. It is also quite obvious (though not as much as his being unqualified) that he couldn't care less about anyone but himself (and possibly his daughters.) He'll bleed the nation for his personal benefit without limit - including sentencing people to a slow death by taking away their medical care if he can - but, his supporters refuse to see it. The belief in god is founded in the very same irrational and complete suspension of rational thought. What the two groups have in common is the _belief_ that they somehow benefit (or will benefit) from their choice. They stop reasoning to protect the belief that they will get those benefits.

The belief in god(s) comes mainly from two (2) human desires....

1.) To explain the existence of the universe (or existence itself) - god created it, we're done.

That's driven by the compulsion most humans have of finding/determining a beginning and an end to everything. That one is trivial to dispatch....

0 (nothing)
0 = 0 (identity)
X - X = 0 (equivalence)
X = X (identity)
X (something)

neither creation nor god needed to get rid of the "creation" thing. Creation isn't necessary for the universe to exist. The above is so simple even a kid can understand it. Believers will _refuse_ to understand it. It's a wholly emotional response which causes them to suspend rational thought. They simply cannot accept it (there simply has got to be a "creator" and, an important bonus, they were created - again that word - in his image.)

2.) The second one is, as previously mentioned, immortality, desire to see loved ones again, etc.

That's the believers' motivation to claim "god has no beginning nor end" while categorically refusing to accept that _existence_ has no beginning nor end. Existence doesn't give them the sugar fix they get from their fantasy, therefore, existence doesn't get that "perk".

If someone is interested in _understanding_ why there cannot be a god or anything that remotely comes close to that fantasy, that person should set out to understand Emmy Noether's theorems and the basics of thermodynamics. That would be a solid start.

The reason the percentage of atheists is significantly greater in the scientific community than in the general community is because there are more people in that community who _understand_ and _accept_ the fact that there cannot be a god and, they deeply enjoy what nature/existence is, as well as, being a part of it.

Lastly, the most common argument made by believers is that since we don't know (much less understand) everything, science/atheists/people have to acknowledge a doubt about god's existence. That is a very poor argument based on the believers' deep lack of understanding of nature. An example I like to give to tear down that rather poor argument is: imagine one of those picture dissolves where the picture goes from totally blank to totally defined. When roughly 10% of the points that make up the picture have appeared, all you can see is a coarse outline of a shape that includes some long legs, a hairy tail and a big head with a substantial nose. At that point, it's hard to say whether the picture is a picture of a horse, a zebra, a mule or some other similar animal but, it doesn't take seeing the rest of the picture to know it isn't the picture of a snake, a car or a tree.

The coarse outline is amply sufficient to exclude a large number of possibilities. The same is true about the outline of nature we have today. The picture is obviously incomplete but, what is there makes it crystal clear that god is an impossibility, a mere human fantasy.

Additionally, the concept of god subtracts greatly from the individual, from what we are and, from how amazing nature/existence is. Compared to understanding nature, the concept of god is a disappointing downer. Believers have no idea what they're missing, they do themselves a great disfavor. That said, neither the educational system nor the environment we live in as a whole, encourages or promotes understanding, therefore, the result is logical and they really cannot be held fully responsible for their lack of understanding, only partially.

With the above, I'm done with the god, soul, reincarnation thing. The remainder is mind candy...

If anyone reading this is interested in "tickling" their neurons a little, they should watch "Dimensions: a walk through mathematics", very accessible, many reasonably advanced concepts lucidly explained. Free download (public domain) found at:

http://www.dimensions-math.org/Dim_tour_E.htm

It contains the only _succinct_ and _correct_ explanation I know of _why_ -1 x -1 = +1; A very simple, yet very important thing to understand. Without understanding something so basic, the mind cannot go very far. The walkthrough consists of 9 videos. Each one of them is a pleasure to watch. A few of them definitely stretch the viewer's mind and imagination.

After watching that, you'll be ready to take your mind for a spin (literally) to see how the understanding obtained from the above videos allows you to see M.C Escher's Print Gallery completed (Escher either couldn't complete it or chose to leave it incomplete... more likely the latter). Find it that at:

http://escherdroste.math.leidenuniv.nl/

Enjoy reality!... better than any fantasy.

god is like p0rn... a fantasy far from being as good as the real thing.... the difference is, p0rn exists, god doesn't.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/8/2017 6:51:47 PM

god is like p0rn... a fantasy far from being as good as the real thing.... the difference is, p0rn exists, god doesn't.

Could god make a porn so bad that even he could not fap to it?
 manreason30
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/9/2017 4:04:36 AM

0 = 0 (identity)
X - X = 0 (equivalence)
X = X (identity)
X (something)

hmm, well... what about: quantum bits, quantum logic, fuzzy logic, dialetheism, etc?
Atheist and Theists are more similar than they think.
 forumslady
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/9/2017 11:42:21 AM
richbloke- I used to wonder about past lives/reincarnation, then I studied psychology and came to understand what really goes on when we meet someone who seems like they are our "soul mate," and/or we are so drawn to them, it feels like we have always known them.
If you don't know already, look into levels of consciousness.
There is our conscious mind. This is what we KNOW we do, how we think and why. Things we remember easily that had a part in making us who we are.
Then there is the sub conscious. This is the source of our dreams. Things we are somewhat aware of that effect us, but we struggle to recognize and/or resolve.
Last, there is the unconscious mind. These are things that happened to us that we have NO conscious memory of. These are the hardest, if not impossible things, to deal with that cause us to do things, to act in ways that we don't even know what the cause is.
I believe instant attraction, other than lust/hormones being a huge factor, is also based, at least in part, on our sub conscious and unconscious mind.
So is the belief in "soul mates" and/or fate.
We are, sometimes, drawn to people that we recognize their personality's, but aren't fully aware of why.
People often, without even realizing they are doing it, act out the same dynamic in relationships again and again.
Sometimes it's something about them that they are lacking, or need to work on, but we ALSO lack, or need to work on the same thing.
By "fixing" them, we are really seeking to "fix" ourselves.
Other times, we come across someone that has a similar personality to a parent (or parent figure) that we had a difficult relationship with.
Through this person, we are trying to be loved and accepted again by whichever parent they are like.
We are seeking to heal childhood wounds.
The only way to avoid these types of doomed relationships is to work to become self aware, go to therapy, if that is what it takes.
It is only by recognizing what we are doing, by learning to accept ourselves and heal childhood wounds on our own, that we can have healthy relationships.
There is such a thing as healthy attraction, true love.
Reincarnation.....Can I prove there is no such thing? No.
Do I believe it happens? No.
 lyinjovan
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/10/2017 8:41:12 AM
Flman, I don't have a lot of time right now to argue this....but a few comments:

1) Your assertion something is a fact does not make it so. I do agree however that either God exists from a factual matter or he does not.

2) Many scientists are ruled strictly by logic.... they are all wrapped up in the laws of the Universe and thus it is hard for them to contemplate a God like entity.... he doesn't fit within the rules after all. Its kind of like stereotypically engineers being devoid of passion and empathy....they cannot see something or understand something unless it is right in front of them and they can connect the dots.

3) I will not argue the Law of Thermodynamics. First of all... there is plenty of evidence the Universe we are in was in fact 'created" through the big bang, based on the acceleration of matter expanding out into space and galaxies accelerating away from each other. Whoever or whatever created the big bang...there is no reason to believe any of our Universal Rules or laws were applicable before that creation.. I.e. the rules arose out of the creation of the Universe. We can only speculate about what came before...like "membranes" colliding with each other.

4) But this all begets the point. The chances of our Universe, the Higgs particle accounting for mass in just the right way allowing for matter, etc..... the creation of all that we see and don't see.. the fact that we are here as conscious human beings.... I simply believe the odds of that happening as a Random event as too astronomical to actually have happened. The only caveat is this... it is possible that an infinite number of Universes are being crated over an infinite period of time. That being the case... anytime you have an infinite number....the virtually impossible because highly likely.. . .. the point is this. Either we are simply a randomly created Universe in which the earth was randomly created and life on earth randomly created... as one of an infinite number of Universes.... or we were specifically created by an entity of unimaginable superiority over our own life forms... that entity would be God.

If it is the former as opposed to the latter... than as Max Tegmark would say...... we all have an infinite number of ourselves out there residing in an infinite number of parallel Universes... that is the only way to account for our being here.....or the latter...we were in fact created by "God". Either way... it is amazing beyond our limited thought processes.

As for religion... I have stated repeatedly I do not believe in a personal God.... Religion is merely an attempt to understand the mystery of creation. We will have to agree to disagree on the benefits vs. the detriments of religion.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Reincarnation - Have you ever felt like you've known/met someone before?