Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Too Much Information on Profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 croadymeister
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Too Much Information on ProfilePage 1 of 1    
Hi, I do not seem to be getting any replies to messages. I have had my profile reviewed in the past and wonder if the lack of responses are due to too much information meaning there is no questions for the girl to ask. I will post it up shortly and would appreciate any advice.
 Dragracer428
Msg: 2
Too Much Information on Profile
Posted: 2/13/2017 4:20:34 PM
Just have to click on "view profile" under your pic and we can see it.

Certainly not too long, read some of the regular posters profiles.
 skiptalker
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2017 9:48:49 PM
first glance you appear to have lost your arm in the pic...
 Squareslice
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/14/2017 6:23:29 PM
Joined 2009 and asking advice now?
Mine is forget trying to be a broadcaster if you fail to broadcast yourself... now for something different....
 dorani
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2017 5:38:53 PM
Its difficult to find a happy medium but basic info on yourself but not complete life histories please, those topics are good on a first date, hopes aims in life etc, personally my eyes glaze over after the first three lines.. but then I am an Aries!
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/20/2017 7:43:57 AM
I used to have a much fuller profile. Someone pointed me to a profile that had copied mine word for word but hadn't included the pictures, I just cant describe how hurt I was that they hadn't thought the pics up to scratch.
 Squareslice
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/20/2017 8:59:31 AM
I used to have a fuller profile too, but exercise and diet sorted it.

Actually, in a previous incarnation (no, not tinned milk), my profile was very full... if I wanted to add owt new, had to delete some of my other musings as had no space left.
Got loads of good comments on it, too.
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2017 10:24:06 PM
I`ve had quite a few compliments for my profile, ie, "loved your profile, it really made me giggle" etc, but sod all else hahahahaha :O)
 croadymeister
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2017 6:05:09 PM
Thanks for the advice guys,the frustrating thing is by the sounds of it I have a good profile,yet cannot seem to get a reply from anyone,must be doing something wrong
 Damilovely
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2017 3:56:44 AM
Your last photo should be your first in my opinion.

Don't beat yourself about not getting replies. You only need on sincere connection in any case. All the best :)
 10ky
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/15/2017 7:43:53 AM
1. Women will not really get in touch with you first.
2. No body reads your profile.
3. The solution: Get rich or otherwise spend your day slaving in the gym (unless you're older than 40 in which case this is not an option. It won't make much difference anyway. Old is old.). I can't be arsed with the latter (too lazy and busy) but I'm looking forward to the former. Hefner is my inspiration.

If push comes to shove, then you'll probably have to make do with leftovers - not a thing for me.
 10ky
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/15/2017 9:33:24 AM
I must add something here though:

The OP is a flower of a man. Handsome, tall, young and sounds like a real nice, well-meaning guy. On paper, he should have a woman on an arm and a few dozens on the other and yet he's having trouble with the ladies. Don't that make you wonder? What if the problem is actually the women themselves and their expectations? It's just a thought really and by no means I am accusing anyone. I'm just sorta wondering.

I must admit at this point that I find it all rather disheartening at times.. bleh!
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Too Much Information on Profile