Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What good things has Trump accomplished?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dragonbytes
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What good things has Trump accomplished?Page 1 of 214    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
What has Trump really accomplished so are, and what is he likely to get accomplished?

I often hear Trump has accomplished more in his first 30 days than anyone else, but NO one ever says what good he has accomplished, or even what he has accomplished good or bad.

Things I like that Trump has changed is pushing other countries to contribute their fair share to NATO.
NATO countries should contribute their fair share to defense that they agreed to, which is 2% of the GDP, the majority don’t meet their goal.

Like Canada ranks 23 out of 28 NATO countries on defense spending, why don’t they contribute more? Canada

http://www.defenseone.com/politics/2015/06/nato-members-defense-spending-two-charts/116008/

What has Trump accomplished so far and what do you think he will accomplish?
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 2
What good things has Trump accomplished?
Posted: 2/24/2017 8:33:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzN3yJXlWrg
 cotter
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2017 8:44:05 AM

What has Trump really accomplished so are, and what is he likely to get accomplished?

OP ... seriously?

Okay ... I'll play.

I often hear Trump has accomplished more in his first 30 days than anyone else ...

Have you ever thought of considering the source?

... but NO one ever says what good he has accomplished, or even what he has accomplished good or bad.

Have you considered they have nothing to say?

Things I like that Trump has changed is pushing other countries to contribute their fair share to NATO.

Push all he wants, if they don't anti up, what's he gonna do?

Do you really think no other president has ever wished the others would pay up?

NATO countries should contribute their fair share to defense that they agreed to, which is 2% of the GDP, the majority don’t meet their goal.

And it's like a child. If you don't enforce the consequences (laid out ahead of time) of doing something wrong, where's the motivation to do right?

Like Canada ranks 23 out of 28 NATO countries on defense spending, why don’t they contribute more?

Why don't you write to them and ask?

I don't think there is any good answer for that one.
 _babblefish
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/24/2017 8:46:49 AM

Like Canada ranks 23 out of 28 NATO countries on defense spending, why don’t they contribute more? Canada

Is a Percentage Target Even a Meaningful Measure?

Ironically, it is not clear that meeting the 2 percent of GDP target will actually increase or even maintain current levels of defence spending. Were all nations to meet their respective 2 percent of GDP defence spending target within ten years, significant changes to the funding levels of most countries would have to occur. In Canada’s case, the defence budget would double, while at the extreme, Lithuania’s defence budget would increase 278 percent.13 The Wales Summit declaration commits Allies “… to reverse the trend of declining defence budgets.”14 Beyond the 20 percent commitment to major new equipment, including related Research & Development, nothing contained within the declaration defines how Allies are to expend their defence budgets.

A percentage target in no way addresses how that money is being spent. Canada, for its part, has long contended that it is not strictly about how much the military is funded, but rather, how efficiently those funds are being expended. For example, the US spends 34 times the amount that Canada spends on defence. However, the US military is only 22 times the size of Canada’s military.15 This could, but does not mean that United States’ defence spending is inefficient. However, absent from this raw comparison of reported funding levels is how that funding is allocated, for example, the proportion of declared funding spent on research and development, various alliance funding (i.e. NATO) or other global commitments, such as military training provided to developing nations. These amounts vary widely for each nation. By way of example, in 2012, the US carried 22 percent of NATO’s Common-Funded Budgets and Programs, while Canada’s share totalled 6.09 percent.16 As a percentage of each nation’s budget, the portion committed towards NATO is substantially higher from Canada than the United States.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2017 8:53:30 AM

Have you considered they have nothing to say?

I have considered it's more of a political slogan without much real meaning. Trump has written a lot of EO, but most of those EO don't accomplish much, just orders to study things.

I also think since a lot of American's supported Trump, perhaps this thread is a way for them to say what they think Trump has accomplished so far and what they hope he will accomplish.
 2ufo2
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/24/2017 9:02:36 AM
I just posted this in another thread and it seems timely to post it here as well.

What Trump has done:
Created orders, memos and directions to do the following:

- begin disassembling the ACA (via granting approval for waiving/delaying implementation of ACA rules)
COMMENT: BAD IDEA WITHOUT A REPLACEMENT ALREADY IN EFFECT)
- freeze regulations
- Mexico abortion policy (freezes US funding to NGOs that mention 'ab*rt**n)
- withdraw from TTP
COMMENT: NOT THAT THE TTP WAS ACTUALLY IN EFFECT
- freeze the federal workforce
COMMENT: AND HE EXPECTS WORK TO GET DONE HOW?
- expedite environmental reviews and approvals (like Keystone pipeline and infrastructure projects)
COMMENT: I SUSPECT THIS IS A 'SCREW THE ENVIRONMENT, ECONOMY IS ALL-IMPORTANT' MOVE. I LIKE MY CLEAN AIR AND WATER.
- all infrastructure projects should be made from US steel and metal; from smelting to coating
COMMENT: I'M NOT SURE THIS IS POSSIBLE. AND I KNOW IT ISN'T ECONOMICALLY FEASIBLE.
- review domestic manufacture regulations
COMMENT: MORE ANTI-ENVIRONMENTISM
- increase border security (begin the wall as well as detention facilities, hire more agents, allow state/local officials to act as immigration, end catch & release, quantify US money going to Mexico)
COMMENT: THE IDEA IS GOOD, THE PLANNING IS EXPENSIVE AND I DON'T THINK IT IS FEASIBLE.
- DHS to pursue undocumented immigrants, hire extra 10,000 agents, prohibit federal funding to sanctuary cities, sanction countries that refuse to accept the deported immigrants, create an office for dealing with crimes done by removable aliens and family members)
COMMENT: THAT LAST CLAUSE IS VERY WORRYING...
- reevaluating visa & refugee programs
- strengthen the military
- reorganize the NSC
COMMENT: SO MY ADVISOR CAN BE THERE AND MAYBE MY DAUGHTER AND HER HUSBAND.
- lobbying ban
- defeat ISIS
COMMENT: AS IF OTHERS HAVEN'T TRIED?
- reduce regulations
- regulating financial systems
- repeal Obama's fiduciary standard
COMMENT: !!! SO NOW MY STOCK ADVISOR WILL TELL ME WHAT MAKES HIM THE MOST MONEY?
- prevent violence against police
- crime reduction task force
- combat transnational criminal elements
 Cynderella
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2017 9:13:20 AM
^^^
defeat ISIS

Really?
 Tomfiend
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/24/2017 9:22:15 AM
One good thing Trump has done is recognized the Leftist Trash for what it is and has taken it on head-on. I am beginning to appreciate Trump in that regard. The louder the trash scrams, the more I am considering what Trump is actually doing right.
 2ufo2
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/24/2017 9:26:30 AM

defeat ISIS

Really?

Yep. Of course, at the moment this is only the paperwork of his plans.
Kind of like my 'to-do' list.
I try but not all of it gets done.

ETA: Really, Tom. Your anti-'leftist trash' rants should have more substance. Or is Leftist Trash a new political party?
Can you detail where Trump has call out and recognized the 'leftist trash'? Taken it head on? Sorry, but I don't see that. He whines about the media (is that what you mean by recognizing and taking it head on?), but then again, he whines pretty much about everything. But I don't think this thread should be about Trump's whining, I think it should be about what he has done.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2017 9:31:17 AM
I just posted this in another thread and it seems timely to post it here as well.

What Trump has done:
Created orders, memos and directions to do the following:

- begin disassembling the ACA (via granting approval for waiving/delaying implementation of ACA rules)
- freeze regulations
- Mexico abortion policy (freezes US funding to NGOs that mention 'ab*rt**n)
- withdraw from TTP (reestablish bilateral negotiations, not that the TTP was actually in effect)
- freeze the federal workforce
- expedite environmental reviews and approvals (like Keystone pipeline and infrastructure projects)
- all infrastructure projects should be made from US steel and metal; from smelting to coating
- review domestic manufacture regulations
- increase border security (begin the wall as well as detention facilities, hire more agents, allow state/local officials to act as immigration, end catch & release, quantify US money going to Mexico)

I have looked at a few of these things, it's just a list but doesn't show what actually is happening.

begin disassembling the ACA

So far on ACA, the IRS was going to require that you MUST indicate that they have coverage is to tick the box on line 61 on page 2 of their individual income tax return: If you didn't indicate if you had coverage, the return would automatically be rejected. Now they reverted to the rules last year, if you don't indicate you had coverage your return will still be processed.

The rules and penalty still remain the same, only change was the automatic rejection aspect.

withdraw from TTP

TTP was dead anyway even under Obama.

freeze the federal workforce

BUT hire 10,000 new ICE agents, a freeze is often done but there are many exceptions.

freeze regulations

A regulatory freeze is typical at the beginning of a new administration, but President Trump’s order appears to be more expansive than his predecessor's.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMO the biggest attempted change has been immigration law, even thought the first attempt has been blocked, I am sure the next EO will be more thoughtful written and more likely to pass a court test.

My point is that a lot of what is pointed to as an accomplishment is either typical of all new Administrations or basically nothing but another campaign slogan. Like build a wall (he has to get if funded or it will never be built) or strengthen the military, it has to be funded. These IMO aren't accomplishments, they are only desires.
 IMayBeCrazy_But
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/24/2017 9:35:20 AM

Well...I haven't enjoyed SNL this much since the days of "Church Lady" and I suspect he'll provide even more material for the writers in the coming years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLYfwprjtog
 2ufo2
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/24/2017 9:49:00 AM
Dragonbytes...
I don't think presidential accomplishments can really be judged as good or bad until after the administration is gone. We can't judge by what is intended either.

You're right in that all new administrations usually initiate a regulatory freeze and a hiring freeze and sometimes other freezes as well.

I think that the ramifications of these EOs and directives to agencies will only begin to tell in the next 3-4 months.

The hiring of new ICE agents, as well as DHS and military is written into those EOs (budget allowing, of course) as exceptions to the general freeze. And the Mexico City Abortion Policy has changed pretty much every administration since the 1980s.

However, he has followed up the 'freeze regulations' with several other directives, such as reviewing domestic manufacture and expedite environmental reviews which will have the overall effect of de-regulating environmental concerns. His increase border security plans are incorporated into several of his orders - increased vetting immigrants/refugees, an office or bureau exclusively concerned with immigrant crime, trans-national crime.

I'm not disagreeing with the ends (I'm all for less illegal drugs though I'd personally tend towards legalizing them),
but I think the means will be far more costly, both economically and in terms of people, than anyone realizes.
 Canandaigua_Momma
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2017 10:08:53 AM
The DJIA has done remarkably well with President Trump in office.
 Tomfiend
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/24/2017 10:09:40 AM
2ufo, although the media biases depends on the publishers, i.e., WSJ maybe a little more right, CNN a little more Left, WP . . . a little left, etc., I think overall the media is slanted Left...and although they are not "fake" they do manipulate the news, especially based on who is paying their bills.

The leftist trash I define as the anti-religious, anti-free speech, anti-israel types...the types of people who are now protesting and causing violence on college campuses in an attempt to quash free speech from people they do not agree with.

I strongly support free speech, even from vile liars like Cotter and Milo...and of course I support free speech from people like me to voice their opinions about liars like Cotter.

Is it really hard to identify leftist trash?

Lets take Jovan, who calls people severely damaged if they choose to believe in God. He demands Jews stop with their traditions and customs, calls all people who accept a greater power deluded. Really, can there be a better definition of leftist trash? Lots of atheists on this board and in this country, but do they call non atheists damaged, do they demand non-atheists become atheists?

Its this intolerant, judgmental, anti free speech, anti-free thought that is so repugnant. Its the manipulation and the blatant lying from the Cotter and Jovan types who very selectively choose fake sources to try to prove anything they choose to support their bullshit.

And when I see how obvious lying, vile antisemites like Cotter are supported here by the very trash of which I speak, it rally makes me see these people for what they are.

Trump sees it too. That's why he railed against the leftists causing violence at Berkley, why he is a strong supporter of Israel, etc. Sure he has some fuked up policies from my point of view... but I still appreciate some of what he is doing. And as you know, I greatly appreciate that he has not been taken in by the antisemites......recognizes fully the importance and the symbolism of Israel who is the only democracy in the middle east.
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/24/2017 10:21:59 AM
A very simple POV could be, he's illuminated people's character/inner core.

The showdown between good and evil.

Reminds me of Stephen King's novel "The Stand".

Trump = Randall Flagg
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/24/2017 10:29:24 AM
^^^^

Reminds ME of Martin Sheen's character, Stillson, from King's " The Dead Zone "
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/24/2017 10:40:44 AM
^^^^
Yes! King has "archetypes" and Trump certainly has many characteristics of his "antagonists" !

Even the antique curator in Needful Things...LeLand Gaunt, except LeLand was waaaay more intelligent

Class A pot-stirrers.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/24/2017 10:45:05 AM
Here's a clip to warm some hearts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj9M34DzAKo
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/24/2017 10:52:08 AM

He's gotten people out getting exercise in the fresh air with their marches.

..I haven't enjoyed SNL this much since the days of "Church Lady"

Well, isn't that speshul.

Now, whose fault could that be?

Could it be , mmmm,.......SATAN?
 _babblefish
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/24/2017 11:04:39 AM
trump has inspired americans to show their true colours, some good, some very bad;

A 51-year-old man faces first-degree murder charges after shooting three men in an Olathe, Kan., bar Wednesday night, police say, reportedly telling two of them, local Garmin engineers from India, to “get out of my country.”
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2017 11:20:36 AM
Well, don't know if it's good or not but I thought I heard Trump say he wanted to expand our nuclear arsenal and make our military even.... Bigger.

It's already pretty darn big and bad I'd say. As far as nukes go how much is enough?? How much is too much? What is the purpose? Who wins in that scenario and why the paranoia?

Just some things I am wondering about Trump and also wondering how this will greaten anyone. When our POTUS says things like the above it makes me wonder what "Wing" or "Faction" of his supporters are for this..... And why.
 GoodLord1
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/24/2017 12:16:12 PM
I have not watched Saturday Night Live in many decades, maybe as many as 40 years or more.
not because they are funny or not funny- I really have no idea if they are.

it's just that i'm always out and about or on a hot date on Saturday night - just as many of you should be!
 dragonbytes
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2017 12:38:03 PM

I have not watched Saturday Night Live in many decades, maybe as many as 40 years or more.

it's just that i'm always out and about or on a hot date on Saturday night - just as many of you should be!

1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

1.5 So God then created the DVR and said unto man, use the magic time shifting device to keep you informed and entertained on the Sabbath, a nice cold beer goes well with this.
 IMayBeCrazy_But
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/24/2017 12:40:59 PM

Who could be causing this problem?
I don't know...could it be....SATAN?!?!
 Jo van
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2017 12:48:14 PM
He may now know how to spell "precedent".

That's all I've got...
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What good things has Trump accomplished?