Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > Younger Men Older Women - IMPOSSIBLE at POF      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SalseraLA
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Younger Men Older Women - IMPOSSIBLE at POFPage 1 of 1    
It is SO annoying that relationships have to be policed at POF. I am used to dating men at least 20 years younger and POF does not me allow contact with anyone in that age range. NOT FAIR and WHY???
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 2
Younger Men Older Women - IMPOSSIBLE at POF
Posted: 2/28/2017 12:48:01 PM
POF got tired of younger men complaining about older women constantly harassing them so they implemented the rule.

You'll just have to stalk somewhere else I guess
 SalseraLA
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2017 1:11:43 PM
I am sorry to have offended you. I have male friends of all ages but my intimate relationships have always been with younger men so perhaps I am immature or it is my preference but certainly POF should consider offering an option for those of us who do not like to be limited. If I want to date a 50 year old one day and a 70 year old the next - WHY should I be limited by some weird policy? Very odd. Again, no disrespect to older men - I just never had one.
 SalseraLA
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2017 1:12:38 PM
Leon thanks so much for your comments. Nice to find someone who gets it.
 WatchÐog
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/28/2017 1:20:01 PM

POF got tired of younger men complaining about older women constantly harassing them so they implemented the rule.

I have two words for your statement: alternative facts.

I am sorry to have offended you.

You do not owe him or anyone else an apology.

POF should eliminate the site age restriction for those 30 and older. The Mail Settings age range is still there and can be used by those who need it.
 SalseraLA
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2017 1:23:01 PM
Thanks WatchDog. Appreciate the feedback :)
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/28/2017 1:34:05 PM
"I am sorry to have offended you."

Who ME ?

What makes you think I was offended ?

I simply answered your question

Sheesh
 WatchÐog
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/28/2017 1:43:34 PM

I simply answered your question...

You accused her of stalking. You were out of line with that comment.
 Canandaigua_Momma
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2017 7:06:37 PM
Agree with you, soupiela.
When we "get to a certain age" we know how to decide for ourselves!
No need for computers to make romantic decisions for us.
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2017 1:40:04 AM
You might try A F F.You would be eating grapes tonight!
 broccoli209
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/15/2017 10:38:39 AM
As a younger guy interested in older women, it sucks. Don't see why anyone would complain.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2017 11:15:29 AM
Well, just to point out a couple of pertinent facts:

The software and rules for this particular site have not been updated noticeably since it was sold to another company. Before that sale, the owner and originator of this site decided to make the Fourteen-year gap a rule. Why, was not made entirely clear, but it was announced that this was generally in response to younger women who were complaining about older men harassing them.

About the same time, the owner of the site ALSO did away with what used to be called the Intimate Encounters section/concept. Whether this was (as rumored at the time) because he was trying to adjust the site to make the sale of it go easier, or because he "got religion" himself and decided to lash out at the "heathens" as he was leaving, is unknown.

You can fuss as much as you like, about how adults ought to be treated as though they know what they want, but you are wrong. Not because most of us do or don't, but because the fact that you know what you want, is entirely beside the point. The thing is, every action anyone takes or attempts, inserts itself into everyone else's lives. It's the nature of reality. Therefore, various people make rules, to make whichever kind of people they are, more comfortable. If you aren't like them, you wont like their rules.

But whether you are aware of it or not, there are still rules in place that favor YOU, and you are shoving them at everyone else, just as these rules are being shoved at you.

I don't like being unable to write to whomever I choose either, since I know that I WONT misbehave. However, I also know that lots of people consider it an affront if an older male such as myself even says so much as "hello" to them, so there it is.

After all, I don't care for the fact that some VERY attractive women in my age range, insist on ONLY associating with men much younger. But that's my problem, not yours, because you are a grown up, and so am I.
 flyover_boy
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2017 4:59:36 PM
Not to be too snarky, but I lived in LA for a couple of years recently. I saw plenty of men with women 20/30 even 40 years their junior. I did not see that many women with men much younger than they. Mostly, women over 50 and single, were often with other girlfriends of like age. I would talk and hang out at length with older women and I know they often flirted with me and were a tad pushy at times. But, to be clear, I had NO ROMANTIC interest in them. Not that you do this, but one of the biggest turn offs is older women trying to pretend they are younger. I even work with a lady now, who is 52 and trying to be 25...she’s an idiot. You’re my age or older and don’t know much about Johnny Carson or know we had a President from Georgia in the late 70‘s doesn’t make you hip and cool, it makes you sound dumb.
 fyrelyte
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2017 5:04:17 PM
The age restriction is retarded. Any of you trying to rationalize its justification are way off base... think about it, we have people reassigning genders. I think that's a far more controversial topic (agree with it or not) than a 45 year old dating, say, a 25 year old. Or hell, even an 18 year old. We all are adults after 18. And honestly, the idea that it prevents creepers from contacting people younger than them is retarded, because there will always be creepers of all ages.

Simple solution is to let the user set it. Again, we are all adults. No training wheels (age restrictions) should be used. Maybe a frequent reminder to set our personal restrictions, along with a quick reminder how to get to the setting on desktop & mobile. That's it.

Anything else is presumptuous and about 15 years behind the times.
Posted: 5/3/2017 1:44:12 AM
If you click on, "MY CITY," (up next to "VIEWED ME") the restrictions will no longer apply. Of course, individual mail settings will still apply, as they should. Hope this helps!
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/21/2017 6:00:19 AM
14 year age gap rule and no way of getting around that...unless you lie about your age
 greenlover86
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2018 8:08:27 AM
I love older women I can't look for it doesn't let me either
 flyover_boy
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2018 11:38:01 AM

14 year age gap rule and no way of getting around that...unless you lie about your age

Which women do here. I have seen PLENTY of women’s profiles that state their age as 38...first line in their profile is, ‘I’m really 48.’

The age restriction is retarded. Any of you trying to rationalize its justification are way off base... think about it, we have people reassigning genders. I think that's a far more controversial topic (agree with it or not) than a 45 year old dating, say, a 25 year old. Or hell, even an 18 year old. We all are adults after 18. And honestly, the idea that it prevents creepers from contacting people younger than them is retarded, because there will always be creepers of all ages.

EXCELLENT my friend...and excellent point ! You can sign contracts, form corporations, get married at 18, but here, can’t date someone much beyond 30. Some of the driving force behind that...was to turn POF away from being a ‘fling site.’ So, I guess I would never have a fling over a woman a couple of years my senior. You want to date women 20 years your junior ? Try eHarmony for one. I guess, by these standards, they’re the new ‘fling site.’
 paulchi5
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/18/2018 6:08:22 PM
Ghhjkjgbnkmnnnkhvvnbgbn I’m very interested in the older woman
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2018 5:50:36 AM

POF got tired of younger men complaining about older women...

Nah. The implementation of the rule was based on the old codgers hitting on younger woman half or a third of their age. (Grampies chasing 18-years-old women for dates, you know?)
 Caliguy1965
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2019 11:45:09 PM
Some dating sites give you an age range thats near your age. Pof is that.Other sites allow you to browse any age.My guess is pof doesnt want 60yr ppl hitting on 20yr olds
Show ALL Forums  > California  > Younger Men Older Women - IMPOSSIBLE at POF