Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 1
Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?Page 1 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
I joined POF this past January and so far I've received alot of views, for example one day I received 33 views on the binocular symbol but no messages. This has been my experience in LA and El Paso. I don't message them because I feel if they view me and they don't send a message they are not interested. If they view guys they are not interested because they are bored, why don't they browse guy's profiles without the guy knowing, like stealth mode. Are women on here just attention wh*ring or looking for a ego boost? All feedback is welcomed.
 gcdeb
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?
Posted: 3/3/2017 10:38:15 PM
The way it works is..... you get to manage your pof account however you want to (within the TOS of the site of course), and, surprisingly, other people get to manage their pof accounts however they want to.

You are placing expectations on these women that are nothing to do with you. They are entitled to view profiles openly, that's the way most people DO view profiles actually.

Why are you assuming they are not contacting you just because they are viewing profiles while bored? It's also possible they didn't like what they read, yes?

How is their ego being boosted by letting you know they viewed your profile but not contacting you?

Just ignore the views, ignore the Meet Mes, choose to just respond if someone messages you and don't worry about anything else.
 Robyn143
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2017 10:47:49 PM
Yikes..well your pics seem to lure them in but your profile is turning them off. and I agree 100% with what the other poster said. Sounds like you are the one with the ego problem and at least admit and own up to it..I certainly do. good luck with that.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/3/2017 10:55:17 PM
I see where you are going with that. I feel as though some expect a message from the guy they viewed even if they are not interested in them just for an ego boost. Does my profile come off as offensive in your opinion? I don't even look at the people that view me anymore. But I'm trying to get enlightened and be less ignorant regarding interactions with the opposite sex. The 33 views and no messages really threw me for a loop.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/3/2017 10:59:19 PM
Do not mean to come off arrogant. Just a lack of understanding women hold alot of power on POF and pretty much whatever the woman wants goes. This is whyour I'm on this forum to get a better understanding. When I know better I do better.
 beercookies
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2017 2:09:47 AM

This is often asked.
1. It's possible they just aren't as enamored of you as you are.
2 It sounds like projection. Your ego did not get what it hungered for, so you accuse your targets of wanting an ego spit 'n shine, 'cuz you were denied some entitled attention(big error in thinking you should get a response for existing). If you don't like it, online is gonna be the wrong venue.

women hold alot of power on POF

Maybe you need to stop thinking things like that and accept rejection gracefully. You say pass, they say pass, the world goes on.

Are women on here just attention wh*ring or looking for a ego boost? All feedback is welcomed.

Sounds like to a lot of guys whoring for attention is WRONG because it involves no actual whoring, a goal of yours perhaps?
Let's say for argument's sake, they like to deprive themselves of good men out of some satiety reached with paltry views and msgs from online strangers:
1 why do you care?
2 what are you gonna do about it?
Answer, complain on pof forum, formulate misogynistic views on women, etc.?
The mature thing to do is write a real profile and go about your biz, accept rejection and stop jumping to mad conclusions.

Anyway for my English speakers all I want is someone to Netflix and Chill with me and if you really believe that is what I'm looking for you are really gullible. I'm not on here for that, that's seems very tasteless and you comes off as broke and uninteresting at the sametime but anyway.

So you negatively put that in your title as bait,then you "protest too much". Does condescension for you equate with wit? Your write up is full of it and nobody is attracted to that. Good luck.
 6jellybeans
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/4/2017 3:25:03 AM
Ricky I am going to be blunt.

Your pictures say to me fun guy who looks like he might be dependable and in general a great person to be around. Your words? they tell me you are a bitter man who is angry because women are not putting out when they discover he is bit of an a hole.

Seriously you have got to change that attitude.

In answer to your question. Yes, some women are just here for an ego boost, some just want casual sex or to feel wanted by some random stranger or be validated that they are pretty etc...

But also No. Some women actually want to find that special person in their lives and to be perfectly honest they have learnt the lesson to stay away from the BS that sprouts from the mouths of bitter and angry men... Because it just isn't worth wasting the time.

Some of these guys are probably half decent blokes but they are so twisted up in their negative ways that they miss out on whats around them... Dating a guy like that is just not worth it. Its not fun, its not enjoyable and you end up sat on your arse watching Netflix feeling very lonely despite them being sat next to you...
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2017 5:20:57 AM
Hey Ricky, First off, I'm old enough to be your mom or aunty, so keep this in mind when you read my 2 cents worth.

Your pictures are positive/ your "About me " is super negative.

One may catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

We understand your frustrations, but writing them in your profile, is akin to a death wish.
Rewrite your profile, be positive, tell the reader who you are, what you are looking for on an OLD site,
use the search option, contact the ladies who appeal to you, be patient, and watch your inbox. That's it.
There is no magic potion, no "get her" quick option, no short cuts. OLD doesn't work for everyone. It seldom works overnight Trust me, you must be patient and don't let your frustration show.

(Took me several years, used approx 7 different sites and I met /LOL, kissed 150 frogs before I met my match)

Good luck and happy hunting!
 Ouija2025
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/4/2017 5:45:42 AM
Stings hmm
Yet another good looking guy who figured his pictures would make the heavens rain down hotties.
Because yes we all powerful yet needy for ego boosts never read the content of the profile.
Darn women. Keep laying the blame on us.
Off to get my ego stroked by reading my messages :)
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/4/2017 6:13:36 AM
I was going for the not so generic profile and just came up with that. Yeaaahhh, back to the drawing board me.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/4/2017 6:18:05 AM
I'm glad you acknowledged that women do ego boost on this site. You are right 100%. I have a lot to reflect on. After getting feedback I see that I'm my own worse enemy.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/4/2017 6:35:21 AM
Hon if you saw some of the Men and their messages trust me, no ego boost
And yea.. you are not doing yourself any favors with what you have now as a profile.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/4/2017 6:41:07 AM
Great feedback, it was not sugar coated. Guys attention Wh*ring wrong. But, haven't dealt with rejection on here because I have not sent out a message because I figure if they view me and don't send a message, it's a wrap. To answer your question "why do I care?" Eventually, if I get alot profile views, 99+ meet me ,and no messages, I'm a wonder why? That's like a crowd full of people going to your store at once and not buying anything. I have to change the defects which affect my results
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/4/2017 6:54:33 AM
Ladyinred,

Thank you for the aunty like advice it is much accepted. Patients is a virtue, even though it could take a decade to become a virtue lol.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2017 7:01:13 AM
^ ^ You'r e welcome Ricky, Aunty Red

Just ignore the views, ignore the Meet Mes, choose to just respond if someone messages you and don't worry about anything else.

use the search option, contact the ladies who appeal to you, be patient, and watch your inbox. That's it.

99% of the options/buttons to push/boxes to fill, are methods used by an OLD site to keep you on the hook. It's a billion dollar industry. A lot of fluff and filler. Only pay attention to the details!
 hemingway234
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2017 10:58:30 AM
You have serious problems with your profile, you need to rewrite it, you are scaring them off.

For one thing, the title screams hook up.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/4/2017 12:25:47 PM
Rick, why are you even bothering to ask this? You know how they are. Have you ever known a woman that wasn't an attention whore? Attention seeking is as much a part of being female as having a twat.

As to your profile, remember who is complaining about it. A bunch of women that can't get attention anymore and men who never could at any time in their lives. That is what forum people are. They are depending upon you to castrate yourself. You can improve your profile if you cut out the complaints about El Paso, other men, and hookups. That part makes you look weak but the rest is just fine.
 6jellybeans
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/4/2017 1:14:47 PM

Hon if you saw some of the Men and their messages trust me, no ego boost
And yea.. you are not doing yourself any favors with what you have now as a profile.

Ouija is absolutely right. Most of the messages women get are nothing short of rude, abusive or so weird they may as well have done the whole Hanibal Lecter sucking thing... Today I had one from a man who wrote to me about a month ago about wanting to date me but he has a small penis... I told him no thanks. He copied and pasted the same message from a month ago...

Fact is for the women who ARE looking for the right person they soon learn that anything negative is a massive red flag and they learn the hard way to just ignore. Because if you respond with something along the lines of "Thanks for your message but I am not interested - good luck with your search" you just end up getting a barrage of abuse back if you are lucky, endless pathetic pleading for sex if you are not. Could be any reason why they are not interested, perhaps they want someone who lives closer, perhaps they just met someone the night before and want to see how that goes, perhaps they prefer bald guys... the list is endless and is also as unique as the people that are here.

Change your attitude. No response just means that you are not left wasting time on unsuitable people. Its really a God send and saves you a heck of a lot of hassle and heart break.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/4/2017 1:43:19 PM
Men really sends those type of message? They really believe sending messages of that content would suffice with women? This surprises me because none of these men would approach women like that in person. You are right, I got homework to do. I didnt mean to present myself as wanting a "hookup". But I was making lite or making fun of the situation of some women putting on theIraq profile No Netflix and Chill or FWB. But reading what you said. I see why the disclaimer or out there.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/4/2017 2:03:23 PM
Hemingway,

You are correct, sir. I can't argue with it. Your feedback is appreciated.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/4/2017 5:23:13 PM
Yes Ricky exactly true
Men I wouldn't bang for practice.. and if you don't answer they keep messaging til finally you block them
Then they rejoin to say such witty come backs as
" your loose"
really? really and truly? Not an ego boost for most women more like sifting thru the crap
Kinda miss the tinder dik pix, at least my squad and I can have a good laugh over them
And I share them.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/4/2017 11:32:53 PM
Can't believe no one has stated the obvious yet. Like Aunty Red I'm old enough to be your mother or aunty Cyn and can tell you it only SEEMS like girls these days are brash and will email first. But that's not really true for the majority. Rick, you say that if they don't message you then that must mean they're not interested. Did it ever occur to you that they're waiting for you, the man, to make the first move? Don't believe me? Just see how many threads there are about who makes the first move and all the guys whining about women never messaging first.
 6jellybeans
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/5/2017 1:24:28 AM

Men really sends those type of message? They really believe sending messages of that content would suffice with women? This surprises me because none of these men would approach women like that in person.

All the time. Its so common its unreal. I agree. Face to face they would never say these things but when hiding behind a computer screen it gives them... I don't know what it gives them. But they do say the weirdest, most insulting of things... People with profile write ups like yours are far more likely to come out with that rubbish so women who are seriously looking learn fast to ignore.

Can't believe no one has stated the obvious yet. Like Aunty Red I'm old enough to be your mother or aunty Cyn and can tell you it only SEEMS like girls these days are brash and will email first. But that's not really true for the majority. Rick, you say that if they don't message you then that must mean they're not interested. Did it ever occur to you that they're waiting for you, the man, to make the first move? Don't believe me? Just see how many threads there are about who makes the first move and all the guys whining about women never messaging first.

Absolutely right. However I will point out that sometimes I do send out first messages and the "Hi" that so many men seem to claim to want. I try to craft my messages a bit so they are not the hated "Hey there". I very rarely get a response and have yet to have a date from a first message sent, been on here for nearly 3 years now (I think). All the dates I have had have been from men messaging me first. While I do still sometimes send a first message I tend to look at profiles in the hope it will highlight me then sit back and wait. Seems to work better that way. In the "top prospects" bit I have messaged the men in the top five. Not one has come back. Its not unusual at all to not get responses regardless of if you are a male or female.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/5/2017 2:00:19 AM
I don't get that logic. Is this something type of traditional style strategy. I'm sure this doesn't apply to all of the women that view me but this is common complaint? lol...Wow I thought it was me. I'm really new to the online dating and forums, this is alot to learn.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/5/2017 2:10:41 AM
6jellybean,

Interesting. You message first sometimes, but you also view profiles and hope that some of the men you find interesting contact you first? Is this really a common practice pof ? Do you add them on meet me to give them a hint?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?