Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Trump is nothing new      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ebolakitty
Msg: 1
Trump is nothing newPage 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
You hear some parts of the MSM comment on how Trump is doing things a whole new way. Not true.

Was there a leader who put showmanship ahead of policy? Sold high public office to unqualified rich people? Targeted minorities for public persecution? Didn't care to govern? Yes. Nero.
 _babblefish
Msg: 2
Trump is nothing new
Posted: 3/5/2017 10:34:35 AM
panem et circenses . . american style
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 3
Trump is nothing new
Posted: 3/5/2017 10:58:22 AM
"Bread and circuses" is metonymic for a superficial means of appeasement. In the case of politics, the phrase is used to describe the generation of public approval, not through exemplary or excellent public service or public policy, but through diversion; distraction; or the mere satisfaction of the immediate, shallow requirements of a populace, as an offered "palliative."
TY Ms. B.Fish!
 gtomustang
Msg: 4
but he sure is getting old
Posted: 3/5/2017 11:39:19 AM
Chump has done some new things, but part of that has to do with the fact the GOP isn't a party Ronald Reagan would recognize. For example, those old enough to remember Ronald Reagan, imagine him saying about a Vietnam vet what Chump said about McCain--even if McCain is a RINO, would Republicans have responded with at least a "whoa, that makes me uncomfortable?" Or for Pete's sake, the whole Russian thing--would that have flown under a Reagan or Bush 1 administration? Of course, you read a gun magazine or Soldier of Fortune now, and Russian ex Spetznatz troops write articles about how they killed the people Ronald Reagan referred to as "like our Minutemen and Founding Fathers." Back in the 1980's, every red blooded American hated those same Russians. "Red Dawn" was a scary movie, not the nightly news. No one says, "better dead than red" anymore. The Republican party has changed.

As for saying Mexicans are rapists, it was only a few years after the GOP autopsy on why Romney didn't win, saying the GOP has to embrace immigrants or die on the vine. The White Privilege Class didn't like that, and absolutely loved that Chump sounds like a Southern Politician "Speaking the truth, man!" in the 1960's. They may have even been surprised their TV didn't revert back to black and white just to make it look more real.

Has a politician so entirely wrapped up in conspiracy theory, gotten further than Pat Buchanan and Lyndon LaRouche? Even the GOP classically avoids the tin foil hat society--oh they use them for votes, obviously, but then puts them back under the dark side of the rock they found them.

I've compared Chump to Bush 2 before. Lots of oil men in that administration, crafting oil policy like buying more oil for the Strategic Reserve when oil hit record highs and the consumers were buying less as a result. Nixon targeted minorities, it was called a drug war. Everyone knew it was aimed at hippies and "urban youth" and other people who were against the Establishment, not after white suburban moms chewing on "mother's little helper". Chump doesn't want to be bothered with the details, and neither did "choke on a pretzel" Bush. Those who paid close attention to what was going on in the second Bush Admin, see parallels in this one. I say, Bush 2 made Chump palatable, otherwise he would have looked as tin foil crazy as the other two times Chump ran for office and got laughed out for being too far from the mainstream.

Chump is new in some ways, but so is the mainstream. For example, Twitter didn't exist back in the good ol days at the level it did now, so the media was the medium a president used. There's a reason why George Will, Charles Krauthammer and National Review magazine are like that Micheal Moore book title, "Dude, who hijacked my party?"

we forget, Chump ran for president multiple times before this. Its taken a change in the GOP, for his message to stop falling on deaf ears.
 razors_edge55
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2017 11:58:31 AM
Maybe so OP but nobody knows much about Nero now,,,and his really bad fiddle playing ,, but,some do say "it was hot"
 ebolakitty
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/5/2017 12:23:55 PM
^^^^
It was actually a lyre... a sort of harp. The way it went with Nero was like this:
"Boy let me tell you what.
I'll bet you didn't know it but I'm a lyre player too
and if you care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you.
Now, you play pretty good lyre boy
but give the Donald his due.
I'll bet a lyre of gold against your soul
cuz I think I'm better than you.'
 razors_edge55
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2017 12:29:38 PM
like always ,it's "the donald in the details "
and the "don" is a good lyre too
 LGL1975
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2017 10:53:59 AM
Trump is a puppet of the establishment. How do you think he got a TV show?

He pretends to be a disgusting racist pig so the left will blame everything the government does on white people who have no money and live in mobile homes.
 daynadaze
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2017 1:27:48 PM
He's not pretending.
 gtomustang
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/9/2017 1:46:38 PM
The racism goes back to the landlord days, but as for the disgusting pig routine, that was done with Billy Bush, member of the Bush family. Not exactly leftists, those people. nor exactly without money and living in mobile homes, either.

interesting you'd make that connection, tho :)
 deetristate
Msg: 11
TRUMP IS PRESIDENT
Posted: 3/9/2017 2:58:01 PM
If saying something untoward makes one a pig, several of you guys can join him in that troth ( "I'm not the President." Well, he wasn't when he was unbeknownst recorded, either. )

See, I don't think that alone makes one a disgusting pig. So you don't have to go in the troth.

Stop the hysteria.

So what do you think about Ryancare?

The limited power and the way the government is set up makes all Presidents somewhat a puppet of the powers that be. What you do with the limited power that you actually have is what makes the difference.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 12
TRUMP IS PRESIDENT
Posted: 3/9/2017 9:26:51 PM
Msg 8

He pretends to be a disgusting racist pig.....

This is no act or pretense on the part of Trump.
He's been investgated and charged (by the AG under Nixon) for racial discrimination, and there were multiple credible witnesses. He had to "settle" the accusations. Since then, he's had to tone down because the repercussions were gonna be severe! But at his core, that is what he is! Why do you think the Alt-Right gave him the Sieg-Heil "honor"(despite the fact that his daughter married a Jew). Do you think they do that to just anybody?

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Msg 11 says

See, I don't think that alone makes one a disgusting pig.

Well then...since you've become desensitized about "untoward" language; then WTF are you complaining about the use of "blue" words, in these posts? Especially since none of it remotely comes close to what Trump has uttered.
 Jo van
Msg: 13
TRUMP IS NOT A PRECEDENT
Posted: 3/10/2017 6:28:40 AM

several of you guys can join him in that troth

See, I don't think that alone makes one a disgusting pig. So you don't have to go in the troth.

I think you mean "trough".
"Troth" is
Troth may refer to:

An alternate form of truth, especially in the medieval sense

And truth is not something Donny's familiar with.

Do several allegations of sexual assault, walking in on "beauty pageant" dressing rooms, saying "if she wasn't my daughter...." and talking about "grabbing pússy", (albeit "unbeknownst recorded" )
Paying prostitutes to urinate on him....
All combined with the all comments about "Mexican rapists", "stopping ALL muslims", "she's bleeding from somewhere", "I'd say she was about a 4", and numerous other recorded public utterances, including encouraging Russia to phone-hack,
Does all that combined, make him a "disgusting pig"

Don't bother answering. It's rhetorical.

Any one of those incidents would have destroyed the chances of any other (real) politician, of any party.
But Trump has been telling his 'fan-base' that he's "great", for so long, that now, they actually believe it.
It's "tremendous".

I'm sure he'd find some "valid" reason, not to rent to you, Dee...
So he's "definitely" not a "racist".
He just wouldn't bother to look for that "valid" reason, if you had paler skin.
You know it.
 2ufo2
Msg: 14
Trump is nothing new
Posted: 3/10/2017 7:50:58 AM

panem et circenses . . american style

Coffee and politics, babblefish. Coffee and politics.
 gtomustang
Msg: 15
Trump isn't even a resident, he keeps playing golf in Florida
Posted: 3/10/2017 8:49:39 AM
the accusation was, the left is trying to make Chump something he isn't. My point was, its a member of the Bush family who got him to expose himself (heh) for what he is, and of course there are plenty of other examples. Does someone magically lose their nature when they put a hand on the Bible and give the Presidential oath? So, no hysteria, no trough, just the troth, the whole troth, and nothing but the troth.

Ryancare? you mean Obamacare light? Provides less coverage and no one wants to admit how much more it will cost?

Limited power is part of the Constitution. Its funny how much the Trumpets just hate it. They should live in a land that is less liberal and doesn't allow the people to have so much of a voice. They'd feel better under a strongman. And if they wanted a strongman who actually did care for the working class, well...Hugo Chavez is muertos. They passed up a great opportunity.
 deetristate
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/10/2017 8:56:12 AM
I hope that people here show a bit more class and less common behavior when in person among people they know. Eh, maybe not.

I think that Ryancare is as bad as Obamacare, or whatever you fancy calling it. So. . . . .
We will see how it washes out, if at all.

Who hates limited power?. Just when you leftists began losing your minds, just after the election results, I pointed out that you should calm down because we have three branches of governmentI and the president can only do so much.
 razors_edge55
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2017 12:34:37 PM
Ha ,,,funny you call it "ryancare " not "T rumpcare" maybe cause trump don't care ????
 daynadaze
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2017 1:05:32 PM
That is an interesting question, how do you speak when face to face with people?
 gtomustang
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/10/2017 2:56:46 PM
" I pointed out that you should calm down because we have three branches of governmentI and the president can only do so much."

>>that would be true if the three branches of government are held by separate parties. Congress is obviously a rubberstamp lapdog, afraid of making their party look bad by chastising the President, except when Mitch McConnell tells Chump not to take his mandate so seriously. Now, the courts did kick Chump's butt, you are right about that. But, the courts are going to change, and soon:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/10/ag-sessions-asks-remaining-46-us-attorneys-to-resign.html

"The Obama administration allowed political appointees of President George W. Bush to serve until their replacement had been nominated and confirmed. One U.S. attorney appointed by Bush, Rod Rosenstein of Maryland, remained on the job for the entire Obama administration and is the current nominee for deputy attorney general. The move also raises questions about the status of Preet Bharara, who was appointed by then-President Barack Obama and assumed the role of Manhattan U.S. Attorney in 2009. Bharara met with Trump in November and said after the meeting that he had agreed to stay on. 

Weeks after his tight confirmation vote on Feb. 8, it emerged that Sessions had met twice with the Russian ambassador last year -- despite testifying during his confirmation hearing he had no communications with the Russians.
Sessions later clarified his testimony, while recusing himself from any investigation into Russian influence in the 2016 campaign."

so, checks and balances are going to disappear, unless in the next Congressional election America splits the ticket as usual. Or the GOP investigates Chump and has to admit they found a few more things that haven't already been revealed.
 LGL1975
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2017 4:15:18 PM

My point was, its a member of the Bush family who got him to expose himself (heh) for what he is

So Billy Bush 'tricked' Donald Trump into bragging about raping women. But forgot to tell his cousin Jeb Bush until after he dropped out of the republican nomination.

Kind of proves my point that Jeb Bush was a shill candidate and Trump was the establishment pick all along.
 BriningIt
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2017 5:15:34 PM
Am I the only one that wishes politics shouldn't be on a dating site?
 daynadaze
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2017 9:45:24 PM
There are lots of forums here that don't have politics being disgusted, and most of the political topics are plainly stated in the title.
 gtomustang
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/12/2017 5:32:06 AM
well, politics does love to get involved in your bedroom choices. and it does have to do with theories about how other people should live their life. And both have to do with dating another human being.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/12/2017 8:17:03 AM

Who hates limited power?. Just when you leftists began losing your minds, just after the election results, I pointed out that you should calm down because we have three branches of government I and the president can only do so much.

Good point, as he would have to put people in head of agencies that where hell bent on getting rid of them.

So as long as there is a not a buddy of Putin heading the Secretary of State.

or

As long as there is not a climate change denier in charge of the EPA.

or

As long as there is not a crazy christian lady in charge of education.

or

As long as there is not a couple ex Wall St guys heading up the Treasury and Commerce departments.

or

As long as you do not pick an Alt-Right based wing nut as your Senior Advisor.

or

As long as you do not gut a health care plan so you can give tax breaks to millionaires.

or

As long as your don't start getting rid of people who are actually draining the swamp like Preet Bharara.

or

And of course, as long as you do not come off as a total hypocrite by doing the very things you criticized the last POUTS for.

Everything should be fine.
 razors_edge55
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2017 1:18:54 PM
wow seems mr T rump is off twitter and on here ,,,greetings mr prez ,,,guess that whole Obama buged me has bit you on the back side ?? oh that hurt
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Trump is nothing new