Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Only short people here?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chad196565
Msg: 1
Only short people here?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Every person I have received a hi there, or email from has been short. Is that all that's here? How can a person search for people over a certain height? I already set the 5'8" to 6' on my info. But everyone is like 5'1" to 5'4" tall who contact me.
I would like to meet someone but I can tell you right now it's not going to be a short person. So am I on the wrong site?
 gtomustang
Msg: 2
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/8/2017 4:23:37 PM
people here get short with me all the time :)

not sure how you can change what you are getting for responses, but there may be a website for the taller people?
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/8/2017 4:54:08 PM
OP, Go to 'Advanced Search'
Locate-
Minimum Height (apply the desired height)
Maximum Height (apply desired height)

Add any other specific requirements,

Go Fishing!
 Nestaron
Msg: 4
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/8/2017 5:01:37 PM
Move to a greater populace maybe? I have the opposite problem alot of women here are tall of course me being a big 5'8 it's a challenge to date them as they want guys taller than them. Good luck in your search though.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 5
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/8/2017 5:02:33 PM
OP is saying short women message him
IDK, state in the Header what you have in your profile
Must be 5' 8" and own a horse
 chad196565
Msg: 6
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/8/2017 5:14:06 PM
Did that already... Still only messages from short people.
 chad196565
Msg: 7
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/8/2017 5:16:01 PM
Ouija2025

will try that and see if it helps.
Most don't have horses either. Go figure.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 8
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/8/2017 5:17:22 PM
They fancy you, just ignore the messages and carry on
Petite women like Tall men I guess.. beats the usual no one answers me
Besides, why 5'8" I mean what if she is 5' 7" and a quarter?
 south_city
Msg: 9
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/8/2017 5:27:00 PM
Laws of probability. Besides the WNBA and volleyball players, relatively few women are 5'8" or taller. Average height for women is about 5'4".
 PBR_Gal
Msg: 10
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/8/2017 6:13:31 PM
south_city
I don't believe that, most of the locals here are taller but they are city girls. Not what he's looking for.
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 11
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/8/2017 6:15:59 PM
agreed south_city. The average American woman is 5'4" and does NOT own a horse. Get over it. Maybe you should try https://www.farmersonly.com/ and your pool may be more desirable. There still may be hobbits though.

Or move to the Netherlands. Dutch folks tend to be taller but their equine ownership percentage may be on the low side.
 PBR_Gal
Msg: 12
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/8/2017 6:21:16 PM
south_city
I don't believe that, most of the locals here are taller but they are city girls. Not what he's looking for.

I don't think he can reply cuz of the 2 post limit thing here on pof. Farmers only only has a bunch of wannabe cowgirls and cowboys from the city. That site for anyone is worthless.
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 13
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/8/2017 6:23:17 PM
OP and PBR_Gal's profiles are eerily similar. Either they are a potential match made in heaven or we're being punked.
 PBR_Gal
Msg: 14
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/8/2017 6:27:35 PM
south_city

I don't think he can reply cuz of the 2 post limit thing here on pof. Farmers only only has a bunch of wannabe cowgirls and cowboys from the city. That site for anyone is worthless.

NoxzemaWA
He's my roommate. I'm not interested in him as anything but a friend to answer your next question which i'm sure is coming..
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 15
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/8/2017 6:37:32 PM

NoxzemaWA
He's my roommate.

Interesting. Makes more sense now.

I'm not interested in him as anything but a friend to answer your next question which i'm sure is coming..

Nah, not at all. I've had male friends and roommates and our relationship was just that. Platonic. I get it.
 Chromis1
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/8/2017 6:39:11 PM
I'm gonna go with B) Punked.
 PBR_Gal
Msg: 17
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/8/2017 6:46:38 PM
south_city

NoxzemaWA
He's my roommate. I'm not interested in him as anything but a friend to answer your next question which i'm sure is coming..

NoxzemaWA
Great, nice to meet someone who gets it.

Chromis1
I don't play games and he's seldom on here. He could not reply back to the post and I tried to show him how to but it was not working. So I replied instead to his post. He's not ignoring the post it just won't let him reply.
 south_city
Msg: 18
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/8/2017 8:25:33 PM

Average height for women in the USA is 5' 4". Do an internet search. For the sake of argument, suppose the average height for women in his area is somewhat taller such as 5' 6". Even in that case, the majority of women would still probably be under 5' 8".
 Aprilovesrosas
Msg: 19
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/8/2017 8:43:39 PM
Hmmmm.....I know this is "Plenty of fish"....But...op's sound "too fishy"for my taste.!..She is weird too.!!
 sun___flower
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/8/2017 9:52:55 PM
Chromis
I'm gonna go with B) Punked.

+1
 aintnodeal
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/9/2017 2:26:40 AM
Friends & Colleagues can spread the word of your needs a lot better than random date websites. Your horse community is probably tightly connected, and all you need to do is "put the word out" or have your eerily similar roommate put the word out that you are seeking a mate, and someone should come riding to your door.

People tend to ignore the most obvious avenues of connections. Heck, just put "Single, looking for wife" in your LinkedIn profile. Your phone will never stop ringing.
 gtomustang
Msg: 22
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/9/2017 6:00:04 AM
I guess I should have looked at the profiles--a tall horserider? That probably attracts people who have a cowb0y fantasy. Out here in New England, the riding contest community is tight knit b/c they're all so focused. An exgf of mine had her own stable, I got to hear about other riders who would buy last year's winning horse, suddenly start doing better, and then disappear from the circuit b/c they were arrested for embezzling. When I met two others from the circuit later on, both knew the stories and confirmed. Like I said, some people like to win :)

back to the question...PBR's a woman, she isn't sexually attracted to the fellow, perhaps she can be of assistance about what his sticking point is. Short women might see a taller man as a security item

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/fulfillment-any-age/201306/why-women-want-tall-men

but apparently women of his height don't see the same confidence? Or maybe its something else that doesn't ring the taller woman's bell?
 2ufo2
Msg: 23
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/9/2017 9:43:04 AM

I don't think he can reply cuz of the 2 post limit thing here on pof.

Why not? YOU just replied about 4 times and he did 3 times.
Yeah, I'm going with Chromis and Sun_flower.

Just call me 5'7 and 3/4".
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 24
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/9/2017 9:59:52 AM
If the scenario is legit: they should just date each other. Some of the time, there's a good catch right in front of our eyes the whole time but the "grass is greener" mentality clouds our judgment OR the timing is wrong. In such cases, trying to date online strangers when you already have a solid prospect in your circle is like throwing darts in the dark.
 chad196565
Msg: 25
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/9/2017 1:10:47 PM
NoxzemaWA
I asked when I first met her and she said no.

aintnodeal
I have dated woman from the horse community, but I have not found what I am looking for. Most are to young, or want kids, or someone to take care of them. The older ones are married or if they aren't not anything I'm attracted to.
LinkedIn is for a persons business to network not get a date.

gtomustang
That's the point of this post, I have only been contacted by short woman here. Most around 5'1". One was 5'7" but said she was not interested, just wanted to wish me luck. I never bothered to reply back.
PBR set me up once it didn't work out. The rest of her friends are married. The rest fall on mutual friends of ours which I don't want to date or get involved with.

Aprilovesrosas
Did you even read my post or profile? The OP is me and I'm a guy. Please know what your talking about before trying to reply. And stick on topic please.

2ufo2
Because before PBR came inside and tried to help me with replying,(because it kept giving me a message about 2 posts limit) it was because I had closed out the last reply tab I had used, logged off, and when I came back it would not go back to that page to let me reply again. PBR was able to do it because she was using 2 tabs, and kept the one she was answering on open instead of closing it out like I did. I didn't know better. Now I know better. Try to make a person look bad and it's not true you only end up making yourself look like a bigger fool.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Only short people here?