Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > pof girls eat and leave      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rty632
Msg: 1
pof girls eat and leavePage 1 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Recently met few girls off pof and dates lasted just one hour. They ate and left. This happened 3xs with one particular girl. They wanted to leave right after the date. She also ordered dishes i didnt eat and hardly ate any. 90% wasted dishes. This happen with another too ate and left and said she had.to go yoga. Lasted 1 hour 20 min. Second date 2 hours because service at diner was very slow but once i finish eating she wanted to leave and waived waitress for bill.
I thought taking them for lunch would help me since i did coffee dates previously and it lead to nowhere. The lunch dates.were from.40 to 55 dollars.for 2 people
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 2
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/15/2017 10:52:55 AM
Meal whores!

Wasting food is a sin. They should have gotten a doggy bag and given the uneaten portions to homeless people (if legal where you are; unfortunately where I live, it's illegal to give food to people on the street, a terrible law because offering food is the best defense against muggers^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hpanhandlers who just want money).

Odds are they aren't being pimped by their man, or else they would get a doggy bag. If she orders two lobsters, odds are she's taking one home to her husband.
 cooldog65
Msg: 3
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/15/2017 10:59:45 AM

This happened 3xs with one particular girl.

3 strikes. You should have never gone on the second date.
 gtomustang
Msg: 4
Koala bear--eats bush and leaves
Posted: 3/15/2017 11:12:56 AM
so, the coffee date brought nothing, and the dinner date brought nothing but averaged $50 for 2 hrs (about $25 an hour for her company, about how much the meal cost, hmm). the lesson? go back to the cheap date. Personality still beats money, as far as making a date work.
 IReallyShouldnt
Msg: 5
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/15/2017 2:24:54 PM

Recently met few girls off pof and dates lasted just one hour. They ate and left. This happened 3xs with one particular girl. They wanted to leave right after the date. She also ordered dishes i didnt eat and hardly ate any. 90% wasted dishes. This happen with another too ate and left and said she had.to go yoga.

This does not make a "Meal Whore". Most women are able to pay for their own meals. "We" were not there on your dates so we don't know what happened. I am sorry this happened to you, but... not all quality women react this way. Try and not be discouraged.

I do want to make a comment directed at Mr. Viking Hoosier fellow...
Meal Whore? Did your mother not teach you respect? From reading your profile history I guess not.

V.H. (Viking Hoosier): Hey momma! I had a date tonight and she wanted me to pay for coffee. Is that ok?
Momma: Stay away from them hussies... they just want your share of the trailer.

Yeh, when a man refers to a any woman as a "meal whore" it pisses me off. This is my first official rant. I soooo dislike
low class men who rant about women as meal whores...
 Coma_White
Msg: 6
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/15/2017 5:34:07 PM

Yeh, when a man refers to a any woman as a "meal whore" it pisses me off. This is my first official rant. I soooo dislike
low class men who rant about women as meal whores...

Some people actually do that though. Some people are even proud of being able to take advantage of guys for dinners. Why would a woman go on three dates with a guy and not offer to pay if she knows she's not into him?

Here's one source:
http://www.businessinsider.com/confessions-how-she-made-1200-a-month-using-matchcom-2011-11
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 7
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/15/2017 5:51:43 PM
Cant speak for other women, but this lady has never done that.
 therainman2
Msg: 8
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/15/2017 6:23:37 PM
Sounds like she wasn't happy with the dates? I don't know. You can't expect buying a woman a meal to lead to anything though.
 forumslady
Msg: 9
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/15/2017 6:24:19 PM
rty632- Apparently, you haven't seen the story's here on POF where people ADMIT to seeing someone and then walk right out. Also, there are people who admit to worse, the famous drive by (and then leave).
A woman staying for an hour doesn't indicate, to me, that she's only in it for the meal.
The one that went out with you 3 times COULD have been interested, but just pressed for time.
Look in the mirror.....You see that thing on your face that has teeth in it? That's called a mouth, OPEN it from time to time and COMMUNICATE with the women you are going out with. There's a thought.
I admit to having a bit of an attitude, right this minute, but I find it irksome as heck that there are men out there that ALWAYS point fingers at their dates, with NO thought that the person ALL of these women have in common, is YOU.
Let that sink in.
I mean, COME ON! You are present and accounted for during these dates, so LESS blame and MORE self examination MIGHT mean better dates.

@rainman-"You can't expect buying a woman a meal to lead to anything though."
I'm glad a man is the one who said it.
Thank you!
 five-marie
Msg: 10
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/15/2017 6:37:51 PM
I can't imagine spending an hour or more with someone you're not interested in for a free meal. A friend of mine did say once "At least I got a free dinner". I was stunned, had no idea some women/men, actually enjoy getting something for free any way they can.
All of your dates, coffee or meals, didn't work out. I think you need to look at yourself to find out what the issue is.
Don't take women out to eat until you know you're going to be dating them, waste of money.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 11
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/15/2017 7:30:46 PM

You can't expect buying a woman a meal to lead to anything though.

Indigestion?

Acid reflux?

A friend of mine did say once "At least I got a free dinner". I was stunned, had no idea some women/men, actually enjoy getting something for free any way they can.

You should get out more.

Did you know there are people who actually have sex with strangers just for money or free drugs?

There are a lot of people who do a lot of unseemly things in this world.
 Viper1j
Msg: 12
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/15/2017 11:07:38 PM

Recently met few girls off pof and dates lasted just one hour. They ate and left. This happened 3xs with one particular girl. They wanted to leave right after the date. She also ordered dishes i didnt eat and hardly ate any. 90% wasted dishes. This happen with another too ate and left and said she had.to go yoga. Lasted 1 hour 20 min. Second date 2 hours because service at diner was very slow but once i finish eating she wanted to leave and waived waitress for bill.
I thought taking them for lunch would help me since i did coffee dates previously and it lead to nowhere. The lunch dates.were from.40 to 55 dollars.for 2 people.

They're paying for it, let them waste their money.

If you're paying for it, seek professional help.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 13
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/15/2017 11:34:58 PM
If you're going to PAY for someone's meal, you need to be OKAY with it regardless of the outcome. If you can't take the $$ hit, or the emotional hit - DON'T DO IT.

That being said, each of us must learn in his own way. I was fine until one date where she pretty much ate with her hands and drank like a sailor. I changed my habits immediately.
 prime ribb
Msg: 14
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/16/2017 4:01:20 AM
You should only do Dinner Dates with women that are a sure thing. Sure thing meaning "She into you". Case in point, I only went on one dinner date and it was a second date and the woman was into me. I didn't mind paying the bill and tip because of that and afterwards it was "Let's Get It On" like Marvin Gaye.

That's why you do coffee dates or ice cream as a first date or meet or intro.
 Viper1j
Msg: 15
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/16/2017 5:13:32 AM

You should only do Dinner Dates with women that are a sure thing. Sure thing meaning "She into you". Case in point, I only went on one dinner date and it was a second date and the woman was into me. I didn't mind paying the bill and tip because of that and afterwards it was "Let's Get It On" like Marvin Gaye.

That's why you do coffee dates or ice cream as a first date or meet or intro.

Best dates for dinner are the ones where you cook for her at your place. Lobster tail prices are dropping, and most chicks won't turn down a ribeye surf and turf. The movies are in the living room, and everything is set.
 hemingway234
Msg: 16
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/16/2017 5:54:41 AM
If you think dating is expense, just wait until you get married!

Seriously, there is nothing wrong with going for coffee or drinks to keep the bill down.

By the way, if they did not eat 90% of the meal, that's probably a good thing.... it probably means they were skinny.... a skinny women eats like a bird.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 17
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/16/2017 6:00:36 AM
You must not know many skinny women
Ones I do eat like The Rock
I agree with the if you can't take the hit pick something inexpensive. And free food doesn't mean an auto score
 gtomustang
Msg: 18
gettin' some lobster tail
Posted: 3/16/2017 7:01:43 AM
yes, Maine has had a big haul of lobster this season, I may be using lobster for hot lobster rolls instead of Pollock/imitation crab :)

I've known a few skinny women who eat a lot b/c they have high metabolism or smoke. I know one my age who eats less, so buying dinner for her was cheap :) Now she's taking me to New York City, expenses paid. But it's just to take her to a hospital to see if she has MS or something else, so no one get their hopes up we're sleeping over in Times Square :)

trying to impress the woman with the money you spend, is fool's gold. The value of the company always trumps the amount of the bill.
 south_city
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/17/2017 5:26:27 AM
Did these women offer to pay for anything on these dates? There are some women that expect a man to pay for the first X amount of dates until/if it becomes a committed relationship. That's what could have happened with the woman the OP went on 3 dates with.
 basilisk123
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2017 2:27:20 PM
There was no chemistry. If they were feeling it, then they would have stayed. Don't start feeling entitled because you paid for the food. The coffee dates are a decent idea for a first meet. Start thinking about the conversation and their body language to identify why they left so quickly.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 21
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/17/2017 4:40:03 PM

@rainman-"You can't expect buying a woman a meal to lead to anything though."
I'm glad a man is the one who said it.
Thank you!

But a man didn't say it. He is one of the most shameful cucks on the site.

Dude, we have to start calling you Santa because your dating experiences are Ho Ho Ho. Don't pay anything but your own! Next time someone asks the waitress to bring the bill then you ask her to bring YOUR bill too. Pay yours only and then go... immediately.
 forumslady
Msg: 22
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/17/2017 6:56:04 PM
ebolakitty- "But a man didn't say it. He is one of the most shameful cucks on the site."
What is a "cuck"? (You know what, never mind, I do NOT want to know)
After you said this, I looked at his posting history. There are a few things, here and there, that we don't agree on, but there is a LOT that we do.
Let me guess, he wounded you at some point, so now you have to insult him??
Nice (NOT!)
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 23
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/18/2017 9:41:36 AM
HOLY Shiat! We're back to WHO PAYS?
Damn I hate dead horses!
 basilisk123
Msg: 24
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/18/2017 2:12:52 PM
Dem be zombie horses. They don't stay dead for long.
 GoodLord1
Msg: 25
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/18/2017 3:12:45 PM
1. just meet for coffee and NOT at Starbucks.

2. ask her to go dutch.

3. ask her to trail bike ride.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > pof girls eat and leave