Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date someone who was waiting for marriage?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 therainman2
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Would you date someone who was waiting for marriage? Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
What I mean is dating someone who is a virgin. They want to wait until marriage before sex. This can be because of their beliefs or just a personal choice. Knowing this and that unless your relationship reaches the level of wanting to marry one another....
Would you date someone knowing they will not have sex with you?
 ohenryx
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Would you date someone who was waiting for marriage?
Posted: 3/19/2017 6:33:22 PM
I started to downvote this thread, it is very redundant. This subject has been done to death. But what the hell, so has almost any other subject that you might bring up. So bring it on, let’s talk about it yet again.

For me, the answer is no. Hell no. No explanation needed, none given. Just hell to the no.
 gtomustang
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2017 7:31:27 PM
if someone's looking for marriage, why waste their time if you aren't looking for it?

If someone wants to be a virgin, and they have a great personality, then they'll make a good friend. Nothing wrong with that if someone doesn't already have enough great friends. my two best friends at this moment are females who won't ever find me attractive (judging from the quality of their past lovers) but i'll still pay for dinners etc, just like most people will do with their friends from time to time. how's that different than dating a virgin?

well, I guess some virgins engage in foreplay, which may be like consuming a filet mignon intraveniously. Unless its foreplay to some conclusion, but I guess everyone has their own preferences and not all situations will be the same.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2017 7:59:47 PM
IF both persons are equal to each other / both are virgins / no previous sexual intimacy / both are looking for a partner to marry.
Both persons are equally committed to remaining sex free until marriage. For whatever reason, be it religious beliefs, health matters, whatever.
Then, Yes it can be done and is doable.

( I have to interject this. Neither person has engaged in any type of sexual foreplay.
None of this, "Well I'm technically still a virgin because my hymen is still intact ", bull crap)

LOL I'm over 60, and no I could not date a man waiting for marriage.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2017 11:01:44 PM
No problem. People LIE about being virgins, LIE about abstinence, LIE about chastity rings, LIE about waiting for marriage.
GO FOR IT. People change their minds in a moment of passion - some change it long before. Just be honest. Admit your goal is to HIT IT, and HIT IT AGAIN. Sometimes that's all a person wants to hear.
 GoodLord1
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/20/2017 8:46:08 AM
ohenryx said:
I started to downvote this thread, it is very redundant. This subject has been done to death. But what the hell, so has almost any other subject that you might bring up. So bring it on, let’s talk about it yet again.

I have to agree. I like resurrected or new threads covering old subjects as they are still valid.

I dated one or two girls back in the 60's and 70's who wanted to remain celibate for their future husbands.
but since I was as horny as a hoot owl and the testosterone was raging through my body like the Johnstown Flood
me and Mr. Stiffy just had to move on, blue balls and all.
 LucilleDixon
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2017 3:14:38 PM
I most certainly would not.
 Dragracer428
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2017 4:09:27 PM

What I mean is dating someone who is a virgin. They want to wait until marriage before sex. This can be because of their beliefs or just a personal choice. Knowing this and that unless your relationship reaches the level of wanting to marry one another....
Would you date someone knowing they will not have sex with you?

You live in a different world than anyone who has replied, you are younger by many years than anyone who replied, many many years in most cases. LOL
That attitude would be rare at your age, almost non existent at mine. Have spent time with more than a few women I met on POF and sex is definitely on the agenda. Has never been on the first date but the 3 date rule seems to apply to most!!! Has been my experience that women my age who are interested in dating are interested in companionship and sex.

Have only seen one profile of a woman my age who stated quite clearly she was waiting for marriage but noticed she had taken that out. Hard to say whether it was the lack of replies or too many questions about her statement.
 Dragracer428
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2017 4:10:16 PM
OOPS Hell no, no way in hell, show me the door!!!!!
 dragonbytes
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2017 4:44:44 PM
I once met a virgin.

We did date.

But I was also a virgin at the time.

No, I wouldn't have waited for sex till marriage at any age and I don't connect marriage with permission to have sex.
 Perspektiv
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/22/2017 6:18:33 PM
I feel for that scenario to work, you'd have to be culturally similar.

If cultures clash, you'd probably feel overwhelmed by their pressure to marry. They'd feel hurt, by your reluctance.

With that said. In western society, we like to test drive the car, before buying it.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2017 12:46:30 AM
I know a guy who married a woman who would not have sex until the ring was on her finger. It is a disaster.
if someone has religious views about sex before marriage and you dont agree, then move on.
 NYCKOSI
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/24/2017 3:06:47 PM
Well she better think of a very good reason and idea to be able to have the man stick around.
 RenissanceMan68
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/24/2017 9:13:24 PM
yes I would, especially if theres long term potential
 Nestaron
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/25/2017 6:04:26 PM
Yes why not. I have dated women who said they only wanted a one thing that worked out rather well. 1 was a 5 yr relationship with 2 kids the other was 3 yrs I am still wondering how the heck that happened. I think I could manage one who said they want marriage first start dating, 9 mos later marriage a year later probably end up in divorce.
 RenissanceMan68
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/26/2017 12:14:42 AM
nyckosi
If a man needs sex to 'be around' with a woman, hes around that woman for all the wrong reasons.

You make sex your top priority... you wind up on dating sites lol
 gtomustang
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2017 7:53:29 AM
I think the term "Dating" needs to be defined. I've seen people here who bought someone dinner, and called it a date. My old fashioned parents thought that my female friends were dates. If that were true, then I guess I dated people who weren't ever going to give me sex, much less wait for a marriage that wasn't going to happen with me :)
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2017 7:58:45 AM
No, that would be like buying a car without giving it a test drive first
 Nestaron
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/27/2017 9:22:49 AM
BCC I actually do that when I see a car I want. Kinda weird but I have they last me longtime too this last one lasted me 5 yrs and cost 1k and I sold it for $500. Now I am buying a 2016 Malibu I haven't even sat in some people are just born risk takers. =)
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2017 9:27:22 AM
IMO some risks are worth taking , some aren't

Also, it's just a teeny bit easier getting rid of a car you decide isn't right for you vs A WIFE !
 RenissanceMan68
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/27/2017 9:47:31 AM
I agree with BCC
The car analogy was a general example, not to get lost or overly focused on. Women arent to be treated LITERALLY like cars and I don't think BCC was implying that with his example. You cant just invest your time in a woman...finally MARRY her...to find she sucks in the sack or youre not compatible, and just toss her or trade her in.

Hey, another 50 years and youll be able to have four wives, so yay for the men in the future.
Sorry for the women.
On the other side of the coin? I've read articles in women's magazines, suggesting to women...
to get us in the sack ASAP.

Apparently, a lot of us men are weird freakos into some seriouslyfuc*ed up shit, and its best for them to find out sooner than later before they find themselves greasing their arms up to their elbows. Sorry, that was in the article lol
 Nestaron
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/27/2017 10:02:19 AM
A car dont change when you buy it. It's what it is what you see is what you get. A woman who says this is me now and always that is the woman I am looking for I find her shit I would marry her regardless of how bad she is in the sack. I am sick of the go out with them and get into long-term relationship and the I dont want to go anywhere lady appears out of nowhere. I do the fine than you dont want to come enjoy being home I am going regardless and not long later they move on cant handle it. They repeat their process I keep doing my shit I can fix bad in the sack I cant fix laziness or unwillingness.
 RenissanceMan68
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/27/2017 2:51:02 PM
Some good points.
Conversely maybe some put too much importance in sex...and allow good sex to cloud them from seeing more important things. When the sex fades, reality kicks in.

Ive had exes who were awesome lil hellcats in bed, but complete knuckleheads outside of the sack. If sex was MY main criteria, I wouldnt be single...Id still be with ...shit...many. The last one? 6'1" blonde I was BARELY barely physically compatible with, who liked it when I stepped on her head when behind her. Another, one I met here on POF (one of the ones why I dont hug on first dates) ? She was a corrections officer. A real Skenes gland gal. Id be paining a mural on her sons wall and turn to have her surprise me by sneaking up on me with her vibrator and using it to squirt herself all over me while I was painting.
Girl was a screamer. Shed stir the pasta by grabbing the spoon with her foot...while we were in the middle of trying to not break the kitchen table. We'd come out of my house...and the neighborhood would cheer... they whole hood could hear the walls banging and her screams and dirty talk. One time I had her hit the ceiling fan. One time...so did I. She was one of those women who made you think about her alot. Missed a lot of bus stops when I was dating her lmao. Very...motivating in many ways...

She was crazy tho.
Both. Were crazy. The 6'1" gal (who I could call RIGHT NOW and shed be here in ten minutes) is a serious alcoholic, and the CO was an E freak.
So...great sex? It isnt enough, and it isnt the enduring shit that should ultimately make or break a relationship. And if you really do love her...youll be patient and teach her... that journey could be amazing. And if shes a virgin? Shes all yours. I think...really... its an excuse.

The best sex? Has never really been with the women who were the most technically skilled...but the ones I was really into, and in love with.
But thats what works for me. If Im not INTO you...I dont wanna get in to you.

Maybe if I was serving PB sandwiches I wouldnt care, but when its caviar, you only break that shit out for special guests!
 gtomustang
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2017 3:30:19 PM
cars don't sue for divorce. remember the ancient joke, alimony is the screwing you get for the screwing you got.

when we're young and able to produce, sex exists to get us to further the species. why else have offspring, except for some peoples' need to have at least one creature in life love them "unconditionally". We descend from animals, we share their drive to procreate. when we get more mature, we get more interested in "making love", not marathon humping. we're more into the intimacy, the sharing. but back to sex, I have to say, there's a diff between sex with a woman who is hot for you, and one who's dating you b/c she likes your personality and if you're really good at foreplay, she might get horny enough to let you have sex with her. that isn't the best sex, when you're doing all the work. Having her chase you is great when you are equally enthralled with her.

still, there's more to the relationship than just sex. We all have to stop for dinner, and when the conversation sucks...its noticeable.
 6jellybeans
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2017 1:12:00 PM
If you are both on the same page then I don't see the problem but for me?

Heck no! I couldn't wait that long and if I feel so strongly as to want to marry the guy I sure as heck want to rip his clothes off as often as possible and as soon as possible!

It would drive me insane being in close proximity to someone I care about and love and not be able to show it in that way. I would be a walking hormone.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date someone who was waiting for marriage?