Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Democratic Leader      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GoodLord1
Msg: 1
The Democratic LeaderPage 1 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
In your opinion who is the national leader of the Democratic Party?

Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 2
bla bla bla I will ignore the Trumpeteers
Posted: 3/24/2017 11:00:37 AM
http://thefederalist.com/2017/03/22/pelosi-stumped-when-asked-who-leader-of-democratic-party-is-picks-obama-and-clinton/

Anderson Cooper asked House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi Tuesday who the leader of the Democratic Party is. Despite the fact she has leader in her title and the party just elected a new Democratic National Committee chairman in Tom Perez, Pelosi dug deeper into the past.

She picked two people who are retired from politics.

Cooper: ‘Who is the leader of the Democratic Party right now?’

Pelosi: ‘Well, President Obama was president of the United States until just a matter of a weeks ago. I don’t think he can be dismissed as the leader of the Democratic Party.’

‘Hillary Clinton did not win the election, but a respected leader.’
I believe the technical term for that is weak sauce. A former president who is in Tahiti for a month and a former candidate for president who is ready to come out of the woods to greet the country that was so not #ReadyforHillary, it elected Donald Trump president.

But never fear. The Democratic Party has congressional leaders, Pelosi added. The Democratic Party is the minority in both the House and Senate.
“It is a gubernatorial party,” she said. The Democratic Party has governors in only 16 states while Republicans hold not just governorships, but unified power in 24 states.

As for the three cycles of electoral shellacking that got them to this place, Pelosi says “we have a plan for that.” Is the plan in an exclusive Tahitian resort or in the woods near Chappaqua?

The full interview with Pelosi is here. Among other things, Cooper asks what damage Democrats risk by pinning their hopes on the Trump camp’s collusion with Russia if it turns out there was none.

“There’s a lot of Democrats who are putting a lot of faith that there is some fire there,” he said. Pelosi said she sees no danger. She also sees the coalition of the ascendant in the party of Pelosi, Sen. Pat Leahy, and Sen. Bernie Sanders
I would LOVE to see Franken step it up, I see Perez and Ellison as being people who could rise up through the ranks and of course Caroline Kennedy reminds us of Camelot. I wish an independent/3rd party would be born of all the discord.
 GoodLord1
Msg: 3
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/24/2017 11:25:00 AM
it's interesting that you should suggest Caroline Kennedy.

I met her and spoke to her at the Butler Museum of American Art in Youngstown, Ohio.

she was dedicating something there but I can't remember what.

here's what I remember: she was not a good speaker. I was stunned. I was actually taken aback. you expect a Kennedy to be a very charismatic speaker but in this instance she was not. physically she's not more than a stick.

I was in the front row first seat closest to her so I could see her face and hear clearly. she had a start and stop type of speaking. she didn't seem confident. she kept looking at her notes to begin her next subject line.
her face was very bland and expressionless. there was no excitement.

I guess what i'm saying is there was no smoothness. it was very staccato.
as they say in acting circles she "phoned it in."

afterwards a few of us were able to speak to her and then she was whisked away. that is my honest account.
in some ways I can't blame her. I left Youngstown as soon as I could as well!
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 4
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/24/2017 11:45:28 AM
^^tangent but I may be able to make a point

I admit I watched American Idol back in the day, saw the season that had CARRIE UNDERWOOD as the winner.
All season she was critiqued for things similar to

and how did THAT turn out?

She had all the talent and passion, she had to hit her stride.

Caroline dedicating art may have not inspired passion in her.
Caroline in politics, thinking of her background and family's history, well, I think she would be infused with something quite powerful and magical.
 cotter
Msg: 5
view profile
History
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/24/2017 12:34:02 PM
OP ...
What do you care about this?

Just bored out of your mind and looking for a fight with someone?

Yeah ... that's what I thought.

Why don't you chime in on one of the other threads about you buddy, "crooked Nunes"?
 Walts
Msg: 6
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/24/2017 12:48:11 PM

it's interesting that you should suggest Caroline Kennedy.

I met her and spoke to her at the Butler Museum of American Art in Youngstown, Ohio.

she was dedicating something there but I can't remember what.

here's what I remember: she was not a good speaker. I was stunned. I was actually taken aback. you expect a Kennedy to be a very charismatic speaker but in this instance she was not. physically she's not more than a stick.

I was in the front row first seat closest to her so I could see her face and hear clearly. she had a start and stop type of speaking. she didn't seem confident. she kept looking at her notes to begin her next subject line.

I guess what i'm saying is there was no smoothness. it was very staccato.
as they say in acting circles she "phoned it in."

afterwards a few of us were able to speak to her and then she was whisked away. that is my honest account.

Andddddddd???????

What??????

No tales of taking her out dancing, and playing in the sun??????

You've obviously lost your game.

Personally, I raise an eyebrow every time you try and repeat what you say you've "heard". You know, you being hard of hearing and such.............
 GoodLord1
Msg: 7
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/24/2017 12:58:49 PM
Mz. Candy,

you made a valid point. we all have our special interests that excite us.

plus she may not have been having a good day or even perhaps ill.

I did see Carrie Underwood when she came to the Covelli Center and she did an effect I had never seen before.
the Carrie Underwood Floating Stage. she's a beautiful performer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg_1Mzl3seY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

cotter - I think it's a very timely and interesting post. I see nothing wrong with it.

ok how about this?

~~~~I DO NOT LIKE SEAN SPICER. I think the Prez can do better~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No tales of taking her out dancing, and playing in the sun?????

if I recall, the only celebrity I ever asked out was Youngstown's own Maureen McGovern. she was on tour singing at Cherry's nearby.
you remember the song from the Poseidon Adventure "There's Got To Be A Morning After" .....
she said "Thank you" but she wanted to spend time with her family while she was in town.
 Walts
Msg: 8
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/24/2017 3:52:18 PM

you remember the song from the Poseidon Adventure "There's Got To Be A Morning After" .....

Not really, I'm not a movie guy.

Maybe sing a few lines........
 GoodLord1
Msg: 9
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/24/2017 4:05:34 PM
here it is Walts.
there are various photos of Maureen here but when I asked her out she had the blond hair to her waist as in the first pic.
that was around 1975.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y2zYaLCGlk

it won an Oscar in 1973 for Most Original Song.

you may remember her as the singing nun in the comedy disaster movie Airplane!
 cotter
Msg: 10
view profile
History
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/24/2017 4:47:56 PM

... but when I asked her out she had the blond hair to her waist ...

So what? Most of us had long hair back then. What's your point?

I've had my hair to my waist several times ... working on it again right now.

OT ...
So who do you think "The Democratic Leader" is?
 Molly Maude
Msg: 11
view profile
History
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/24/2017 5:08:20 PM
I have high hopes for both Caroline and her cousin Joe Kennedy ... as stated, neither of them appear to have "hit their stride" ...
 missrightright
Msg: 12
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/24/2017 5:22:52 PM
Meryl Streep?! LOL
 LOLTrump
Msg: 13
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/24/2017 6:55:01 PM
If it not Bernie Sanders maybe it should be Mark Dayton (Minnesota D)

Mark showed that if you raise taxes on the rich, boost education funding, raise the minimum wage, create equal pay rules, you will not hurt your economy, you will grow it.

Which is why Minnesota the 5th fastest growing economy in the USA.

Or you could take the GOP way and have a look at how well Kansas is doing, because kids with tRumop that is basically what you will get.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 14
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/24/2017 7:06:13 PM
The Dem leader is, and still should remain....Barak Obama, who left office with 1 of the highest popularity scores
Obama is on an extended vacation but will be back, and he'll come back at full throttle to lead the party.

Bernie Sanders is still an active force who has impact (as we have seen leading up to the failed GOP healthcare reform)
Smokin Joe Biden should still make his presence felt, when it counts.

I'm sure we will see at least 1 or 2 new Dem, up-and-coming "stars"...in the midst of what is now a massive Trump investigation.

Hillary should effectively be retired...with no chance of making any type of come back!
 John252817
Msg: 15
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/24/2017 7:28:42 PM
Nancy Pelosi's hesitated look when asked who her leader was was definitely priceless. Maybe she was thinking about who she thought was the current President.....George Bush.... and couldn't think of one democratic "leader"........That I understand....YIKES!!!!
 LOLTrump
Msg: 16
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/24/2017 7:37:41 PM

Nancy Pelosi's hesitated look when asked who her leader was was definitely priceless.

I bet it was was.
 Aprilovesrosas
Msg: 17
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/24/2017 7:53:49 PM
NM.

Messages this short may not be posted
 John252817
Msg: 18
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/24/2017 9:39:58 PM
Even the liberal people have no clue who is the democratic leader according to a Harvard poll:

Who's leading the Democratic Party now? "No one," said 40 percent of respondents, according to the same survey. Former President Barack Obama—currently spending much of his time relaxing outside of Washington, D.C.—was declared the leader of the party by 15 percent of respondents, the most of any individual.

^^^^ The "most" by anyone....15% YIKES!!!!
 GoodLord1
Msg: 19
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/24/2017 9:40:34 PM

I've had my hair to my waist several times ... working on it again right now. what's your point?

what was the name of YOUR hit rcord Miss Cotter?
"There Never WAS a Morning After?"

my choice Miss Cotter?
if they were smart they'd look to Tim Ryan. he's the future of the Dems.

i guess the leader right now is Chuck Schumer or Elizabeth Warren.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 20
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/24/2017 10:14:37 PM

Even the liberal people have no clue who is the democratic leader according to a Harvard poll:

The Trump-tards are so distraught by the turmoil in Washington that they have nothing else to TALK about or to hold in ESTEEM within their camp..................bowing their heads in utter SHAME, they stupidly get concerned about who the leader of the Democratic party is!

The answer to that is...... "everyone"
every elected Dem(s) who will fight to stop unfair tax reform, bigoted healthcare & immigration policy, etc...is the de-facto leader of the Democratic party....wait & see; the "party" has just begun!

Tis better to have NOBODY in charge, than to have a befuddled orange bozo,.... bereft of any know-how, dignity and ability required to lead this nation!
 dragonbytes
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2017 6:43:43 AM
The leader of the Democratic Party is Tom Perez.

I don't think anyone has yet settled on who might be a good choice for candidate for President representing the Dems, so that is open.

Do you consider Ronna Romney McDaniel ?? as the leader of the Republican party, she is the chair of the party. Or Trump, or Ryan ??

Who leads the Republican party, the "party" seems very fractured without a real leader.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2017 7:28:38 AM
Good question from dragonbytes.

Neither of the big parties has a clear leader, or a clear agenda right now. It's normal that the latest loser (Democrats) be in relative disarray, because whenever one of the Big Two loses a major election, they reassess and rework things. For the Republicans to be in such complete confusion, while technically controlling all three branches of the Federal government, is rather stunning. Their recently elected President was more foisted upon them, than selected by them, and right up until the election itself, large parts of the party leadership opposed him thoroughly.

I don't think I've ever seen more complete confusion in the American central government ever, and that includes the time of the greatest messes, back in the 1970's.
 cotter
Msg: 23
view profile
History
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/25/2017 8:17:42 AM

what was the name of YOUR hit rcord

I don 't need a "hit" record for my audiences to appreciate my talent ... and in fact, I am friends with other very talented (high-profile) performers, but I do not need to go into a public forum and drop their names in order to feel "important". I know this may not occur to you, but there are a good many of us that don't need a "hit" record in order to feel good about our performances.

Our complimentary performances put smiles on the faces of people of all ages (from toddlers to
Octogenarians ... even Nonagenarians) who are so sick or disabled that they can't leave the hospital in order to attend a concert or performance. Performances of that nature have been a part of my life since I was in the USO back in the late 60's.

It would be more interesting to hear what you do for the sick or disabled or otherwise incapacitated or debilitated human beings. Anyone can run into a public forum and brag about asking a high-profile singer for a date, but to actually do something that gives another human being the tiniest bit of pleasure in an otherwise dismal world .........

On Topic ...
I personally don't see the need to have one single leader of any group ... it would be unwise to put all your apples in one basket.

One of my very talented friends once said ... "Everyone does at least one thing really well and we should value them for that." He is a doctor and a really good doctor, but he could never (for example) tear out the wiring of a dash board on a car and put it back together. He could never wire an electrical circuit box. I suppose he might be able to install a toilet ... goodness, even I can do that.

I certainly do not see Trump as the leader of the republicans ... I can't imagine anyone considers him a "leader".
 GoodLord1
Msg: 24
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/25/2017 5:32:13 PM

It would be more interesting to hear what you do for the sick or disabled or otherwise incapacitated or debilitated human beings. Anyone can run into a public forum and brag about asking a high-profile singer for a date, but to actually do something that gives another human being the tiniest bit of pleasure in an otherwise dismal world .........

the last time I spent a Christmas Eve with my family was 1969.

I've spent the past 47 years from December 20th to December 24th entertaining the sick, the elderly, the needy and those who have suffered a major loss in their lives as Super Santa. all four of the costumes that I wore over the decades have been custom made and had a Cape attached that read Super Santa on it. I jazz it up with rhinestones and sequins.

my brother is on the Board of Directors of UPMC and I spend time in area hospitals to cheer up those who cannot be home for Christmas. I go to nursing homes and shut ins. several times I have visited those who lost a loved one or were burned out of their home in a fire and others have taken them in. I go to charity functions too at no charge. everyone in town knows all you have to do is call me and i'll come. the newspaper did an article about me with photos on my 35th anniversary. i've done several generations of adults and their children.

my most heart wrenching night was Christmas Eve back in the 80's. a dying man lay in his bed that the family had moved into the living room. he couldn't speak he was so weak. we sang Christmas songs and I brought out my naughty/nice book and a lump of coal for the naughty adult. we had a very cheerful evening. the man squeezed my hand as he looked at me. they called me the day after Christmas to say he had passed. they were grief stricken but said that Christmas Eve was the best they ever had.

I fly home to Ohio for Christmas and still get requests though i'm not out til 1 am as I used to be back in the day.
i'm proud of the happiness I have brought and it is my legacy.
 cotter
Msg: 25
view profile
History
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/25/2017 5:49:43 PM
Message 24 ...
... all four of the costumes that I wore over the decades have been custom made and had a Cape attached that read Super Santa on it. I jazz it up with rhinestones and sequins.

See ... who cares about that. Isn't it more important to be there for people? What seems to be important to you is jazzing things up with rhinestones and sequins.

... my brother is on the Board of Directors of UPMC

Who cares?

I go to charity functions too at no charge.

I'm not sure what that means, but I have put on shows to benefit someone who has lost everything ... no charge. All the money goes to them.

the newspaper did an article about me with photos on my 35th anniversary. i've done several generations of adults and their children.

I don't want you to take this the wrong way ... but we don't care that the newspaper did an article about you ... and I sure have no idea what it means that you have "done several generation of adults and their children" ... what for?

i'm proud of the happiness I have brought and it is my legacy.

I'm happy to report that I'm not interested in any kind of "legacy" ... I'm just happy to make others' life better.

Do you ever read what you write before you hit the "post" button.

What is the point of coming in here ... post after post in thread after thread ... bragging about all the high-profile people you're meeting ... all the name-dropping? Who are you trying to impress?

Wouldn't you get a lot more pleasure out of doing good for others without having to come in here and name drop? (I could totally do that too, but what is the point?) All I know is it gives my life meaning to help others and give them pleasure ... even if all I do is occasionally get a new singer up on stage and fulfill their dream of singing in front of others.

I'm not impressed with people who try to impress others with all that name dropping and bragging about all the big wigs they rub shoulders with ... they are shallow and in my opinion attract shallow people. I have no use for such people.

On Topic ...
As I have already stated ... political parties don't need "a leader" ... just one leader would be a mistake. It would be a loss not to take advantage of multiple people and the talents they have to offer.

I have been politically involved for a long time ... kept the schedules for 3 speakers for an issue I was involved with. Without me, they would have been at a loss. I made their speaking appointments, called them ahead of time to remind them where to be at what time, made sure they were there and even attended as many of the events as I possibly could while being a stay-at-home mom and taking care of my 4 young children.

It doesn't matter that it was only "3 speakers". I'm sure I could have handled many more, but that was all we had and we were taking on the whole city of Columbus. What mattered was that they needed my organizational talents and I was there for them when they needed me.

We all have something to offer and no man is an island?

The point is that we shouldn't be in here trying to determine "a leader" as much as we should be spouting off about who we think would be good for whichever party ... for whatever reason.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Democratic Leader