Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > What happened to the forums      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 2tall
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What happened to the forumsPage 1 of 1    
Haven't checked the forums in a very long time? What happened? The forums used to be extremely active.
Got to wonder why POF doesn't have links to the forums anymore, except if you get an email about a local event. Even then, it isn't even a clickable link.
 Fred Astaire24
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What happened to the forums
Posted: 3/31/2017 5:51:54 PM
You are correct, no direct link to the forums from the home page. but if you go to your INBOX and scroll down to the UPCOMING EVENTS, that will take you to the forums page. I know people read them but I don't think there are too many people who respond anymore. In a related matter, there has not been any dances hosted or organized by POF people in a long time, well over a year. Perhaps the interest n the Toronto are has waned :(
 2tall
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2017 6:18:29 PM
It's too bad about both the forums and local events. We used to have some great events in Mississauga.
 UptownPictureGirl
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/28/2017 9:38:11 AM
A number of years ago we used to have a lot of fun in the forums with joke telling, pranking, and general nonsense that brought people to the threads. The moderators became too heavy handed with their suspensions, bans, and deletions, that a lot of people just walked away. It used to be a source of great entertainment and a lot of side private chats with people you meet on here. Friendships were born and a lot are still ongoing.
 ready4u182
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/9/2017 4:07:55 AM
It's dead, Jim.
 IBup4it
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/23/2017 12:39:49 PM
People walked away as they dont want to be given a grammar and English lesson when asking for advice, or commenting, easier to go somewhere else where there are none.
Posted: 6/24/2017 1:16:16 PM
Yup. I used to be one of the volunteer moderators and was, at that time, in charge of this sub-forum (as well as helping out with all the others).

"The moderators became too heavy handed with their suspensions, bans, and deletions"
And that's why I quit. TicketToRide (?) was the head mod and he became impossible to work with, banning people left, right and centre. He demanded his word be taken as law and, despite voicing our concerns to Marcus, nothing was done about it. I don't think there's a single moderator left from those days. Actually, I can't see much sign that there are any moderators at all anymore.
 springorfall
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2017 5:37:13 PM
It's almost as though they've left it to die. Hiding the link to the forums cut off the life support.
 ANGEL~EYES
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2017 5:28:29 PM
I used to be quite active in the threads about 10-12 years ago and it used to be fun. I'm one of the few still hanging around.....why? I don't know. I keep waiting for something to happen but we can't chat anymore. Even what we are doing now may be considered chatting. Anyways I like my profile name so I'm keeping it.

Cheers guys
 aGent Lemon
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2018 5:13:16 PM
Was definitely a whole lot of fun for many years while it lasted, I believe this forum died quickly during 2007 because of a moderator (T-T-R) went way overboard in having to ban almost everybody. I thought Marcus would certainly take care of it, but all he could do was kindly apologize saying the only power he had is to shut the forum down completely which would not solve the problem. Although T-T-R began right after I went to defend one kind lady I never met beforehand by giving a bully (D-F-S) in particular a taste of his own medicine... that had also caused almost everybody else to attack me in not knowing how D-F-S actually started it. Despite how extremely careful I were with my choice of words... they all knew what I meant... I made no threats... in fact, never broke any written rule... but that didn't matter to him... maybe because I had been too much of a Smart Alec throughout as it seems in attempting to get most people to very much question their own mindset... which that was all.
 FearlessFinalGirl
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/1/2018 2:41:37 PM
I originally joined in 2005 and used to be very active here as well. I actually organized and hosted several events back in the day. I started leaving the site if I was dating someone exclusively, but would always end up coming back. I made some very good friends here (some of whom I am still in touch with), but sometimes there was drama (an inevitable side effect of dating in a small pool, unfortunately) resulting in rifts between members.

I moved away from Ontario several years ago. Last time I tried to post in another province's forum, I was kicked out by a mod. I don't know if this will be deleted or not, but I'm planning on moving back so I thought I'd check out the forums to see what's going on. Not much, apparently.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2019 8:45:31 PM
I used to enjoy the forums immensely too. I've forgotten how to quote a previous text. I remember TTR and fondly, I remember Cowboy. I understand he passed. I loved his no nonsense, wise answers and sense of humor.
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > What happened to the forums