Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Oprah Winfrey for President      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dragonbytes
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Oprah Winfrey for PresidentPage 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
People have wondered who the Democrats could nominate that could beat whoever the Republicans nominate for President.

IMO Trump won't want to run again, but either way, Democrats need to nominate someone who is popular enough not only t win the Presidency but to win more Democratic congressional seats.

Bernie sanders certainly popular enough, but his age is the obvious negative.

If we can elect Trump, then electing Oprah Winfrey would be easy.

I would vote for Oprah Winfrey, so what do you think, would you vote for her, could she win and would she be a good President?
 congupnaroad
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Oprah Winfrey for President
Posted: 4/6/2017 4:50:26 PM
Gee that would appease the left wing nutters, a black female President!
So OP does that mean you would vote for her without even considering her political agenda?

Gee that is politically intelligent! (Pfft!).
 LOLTrump
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/6/2017 5:07:38 PM

I would vote for Oprah Winfrey, so what do you think, would you vote for her, could she win and would she be a good President?

I am not seeing how she is any better than tRump, other than maybe she is a bit more self aware and not a raging lunatic.

Aside from that, she is not qualified and would be a stupid choice.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2017 5:07:55 PM

So OP does that mean you would vote for her without even considering her political agenda?

I think Oprah is honest, concerned about the middle and lower class people, and a tough business woman.

Yes, I would be concerned about some weird political agenda, but so far I haven't seen that, However, if she should run, then that will quickly get flushed out during debates, etc.

I don't see any current likely Democratic leader I would want to vote for, I had thought Bernie was too impractical in his agenda and being ~79 in 2020 is just a little too old.

I don't agree with much of Trump's agenda even if there are a few things I do agree with. Trump creates a very divided America, he was born rich, never had to struggle to build anything, has no idea how anyone that isn't a billionaire lives. Trump has always lived a gold plated existence.

Winfrey was born into poverty in rural Mississippi to a teenage single mother and later raised in an inner-city Milwaukee neighborhood.

Winfrey is much, much more of a success story Vs Trump and I think she would be a better agent for change.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2017 5:10:04 PM

I am not seeing how she is any better than tRump, other than maybe she is a bit more self aware and not a raging lunatic.

Aside from that, she is not qualified and would be a stupid choice.

Nixon was well qualified, Carter was on the smartest people elected.

I thought both Bill Clinton and Reagan made pretty good Presidents even though at first I didn't think they would.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/6/2017 5:36:37 PM

I think Oprah is honest, concerned about the middle and lower class people, and a tough business woman.

She is a TV host, it is her job to make you think certain things about her. Same reason why Stedman was kept around so long, she is selling an image.

Her success was as much related to her being in the right place at the right time as it was her ability to be relatable and likeable.

Nixon was well qualified, Carter was on the smartest people elected.

That would be like saying because pilots have crashed airplanes we should think about bringing in a TV host to fly the plane.

I thought both Bill Clinton and Reagan made pretty good Presidents even though at first I didn't think they would.

tRump would not be sitting in the Whitehouse right now, if Reagan had not laid the ground work for that to be possible, as he and Roger Alies created a completely new media landscape that spawned Fox news.
 WatchÐog
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/6/2017 10:14:12 PM
I would never vote for Oprah. She would likely have Oz and Phil on her staff. No sir, I would not like that, not one bit.
Posted: 4/7/2017 3:22:58 AM
I still kinda like Kerry.

Or how about this guy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St0GRjO8BIk
 Maleman999
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/7/2017 4:19:07 AM
Would Oprah give away cars for free to everyone who shows up at her political rallies?
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/7/2017 4:55:35 AM
No, I don't think all the yahoos in the "fly over states" who voted for Trump would vote for her.

Give me a milquetoast white male Democrat please.

This country is too backwards to choose a woman, let alone a black woman for president.
 deetristate
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/7/2017 5:33:07 AM
Please. No............

Posted: 4/7/2017 10:29:43 AM
Guess I'll start making signs myself now and putting them here and there...The Rock...The Rock...The Rock...for pres!
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/7/2017 10:33:27 AM
How about Alec Baldwin as Trump ?
 Walts
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/7/2017 10:37:40 AM
Before you Yanks get ahead of yourself, maybe wait until the fall when the new TV shows are presented. The possibilities will be endless all relative to what reality show you get to sit, watch and stare at.
 razors_edge55
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2017 12:27:09 PM
I'ed love to see Michelle Obama ,,,great speaker ,strong woman ,,but won't happen ,,,I think ,
I saw an interview with Will Smith ,he said he was thinking about a run ,,

sorry Dee not you ,,the pay would not suit you
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 16
RICK FROM THE WALKING DEAD
Posted: 4/7/2017 12:36:35 PM
He could just look cool and sexy and let his cabinet run the show...
 razors_edge55
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2017 1:06:11 PM
I think he is deeper than that,,,,(really candy Tom ??)
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/7/2017 2:23:32 PM
no ....RICK FROM THE WALKING DEAD

read the title

you been masturbating too much!

Ask Walt for some whiskey, it will calm you down!

In order to maintain the crappiest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2017 4:09:31 PM
I’m pretty much of the same mind as Oprah herself, who recently said something along the lines of: when I was previously asked this question, I would say, no way, I’m not a politician, I don’t have the experience, I’m not qualified; THEN Donald Trump was elected president, and I started thinking, well, maybe I am!

I’m not sure the Democrats are at the point where they need to fight fire with fire, but as I’ve pointed out since the heat of the campaign: with the exception of Obama in 2008, every major party nominee of the past several decades ended up being the most famous person that was running – and there is no way a non-famous Trump gets the nomination, much less wins the electoral college. There is no one more famous than Oprah and few people more popular, but at the same time, if Trump’s term is a disaster (according to the vast majority), I don’t think Democrats need a more famous person to overcome his fame, because the public will likely be once again hungry for somebody with qualifications and experience. And let’s not forget, Trump’s opponents got 10 million more votes than he did, so he wasn’t truly THAT popular to begin with. Democrats just need to find somebody to unite the nearly 75 million that voted against him, or maybe not even that many if enough with Trump regret decide to abandon him. After the 2018 elections, just do some polling with potential Democratic nominees, including Oprah, and see how they do – if pretty much all of them are killing Trump, the Democrats probably don’t need Oprah (but for God’s sake, pick somebody without HRC-level baggage). Who knows how much that’ll mean, of course, as HRC was beating the pants off Trump during pre-primary and primary polling.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2017 8:55:46 AM
I really don't know of any Dem future Prez candidate that excites me. To me, it's actually pretty scary, considering how deep the GOP bench is.

Dems keep talking about this giant shift in demographics which they will ride to victory in the future. Trouble is, that "future" seems to continuously shift our further and further into the future. When is this demographic "tipping point" going to occur? I kinda feel like this expectation has made the Dems less creative and aggressive in their candidates and PR. As in waiting for demographics to come their way instead of generating good policies. I roll my eyes when some blowhard talks about "Texas turning blue," I mean...come on. What world are they living in. And even Arizona.

And with the GOP's success in gerrymandering, vote suppression and their success in riling up older, rural white voters....this has seemed to push out the Dems' demographic advantage projections even further.

Off the top of my head I like Liz Warren, but seems she got too close to the Clintons (I mistyped Clingons, lol)so maybe she now supports their corporate-first views now, I need to look at that. The Castro Bros seem to be very charismatic, but not sure if their policies are more Clinton or Sanders.

I thought it was curious they chose Steve Beshear to rebut the Trump speech. Old white guy. Wondering if this signals a shift back to trying to get old white people back into the fold?

I would not support Oprah. I think she is probably too corporate friendly for my druthers. Sanders is way too old, and I do not know if there are any Bernie-types that are younger and charismatic. Biden may be too old, and too Clinton-esque also.

I see the Dem bench being thin, unfortunately. They need to find someone who can unite the minority/social issue folks and Bernie types...economic progressives, who are whiter. I do not see anyone who can do that, at least right now. Many Bernie types are still bitter 'bout his kyboshing by the establishment.
 swedishtextiles
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/8/2017 8:57:48 AM
Writes Wilkes Barre Candy---
all the yahoos in the "fly over states"

Full of yourself much?

:eyeroll:

Lordy
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2017 9:06:14 AM

Give me a milquetoast white male Democrat please.

This country is too backwards to choose a woman, let alone a black woman for president.

Problem is, they will have to find a candidate who can garner 'nuff "milquetoast white" voters to win. HRC could not do that.

Now, we have some time for the GOP to start more wars, and balloon the deficit even more...for ammunition against the GOP. So Dems can recapture things......and do the same thing.

More seriously, though, we are way overdue for a recession/crash, and I believe it may be a significant one. That likely that will happen during Trump/GOP control, unless they can tax cut/bubble/credit card spend the economy a few more years like GWB did.

A recession/crash, at least to me, may be the best chance the Dems have to recapture anything.
 back_again4917
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2018 7:44:46 AM
So, what do you think about this tidbit from CNN today?

Oprah Winfrey is "actively thinking" about running for president, two of her close friends told CNN Monday.

The two friends, who requested anonymity in order to speak freely, talked in the wake of Winfrey's extraordinary speech at the Golden Globes Sunday night, which spurred chatter about a 2020 run.
Some of Winfrey's confidants have been privately urging her to run, the sources said.
One of the sources said these conversations date back several months. The person emphasized that Winfrey has not made up her mind about running.
A representative for Winfrey did not immediately respond to a request for comment.”

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/08/media/oprah-golden-globes/index.html

kollata
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/8/2018 7:46:33 AM
Trump has taught us we need somebody with experience and skill sets to be president. Oprah does not cut it.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/8/2018 8:06:40 AM
Although...I like Oprah and her views and sensibility.
I don't think she'd get in...Firstly, she's a woman than to add her being black as well.
The country is just too racist and mysgonistic yet...still too many good ole boys attitude.

How about Mark Cuban?
He has some class...self made and has no skeletons in his closet...as far as I know.
I just feel he wouldn't be self serving...idk.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Oprah Winfrey for President