Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > User does not accept messages from people in your country.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jimjonesoak
Msg: 1
User does not accept messages from people in your country.Page 1 of 1    
I have written messages in the past to women from Canada. I come up with the coolest introduction messages only to find AFTER I send them that the user does not accept messages from people in your country.

I really could care less if they are not interested in people from where I live or in the U.S.A. Would you please come up with a way to inform the user not to bother writing that person before they write an message? I could change my zip code to someone in Canada, but thats not keeping it real with potential matches. I am listed where I live, you can find a way to match our zip codes and inform me not to bother BEFORE I write something.

Thanks.
 Dragracer428
Msg: 2
User does not accept messages from people in your country.
Posted: 4/15/2017 4:34:22 AM
You need to read the profile more thoroughly.
Close to the bottom will be a persons mail restrictions. Read them, if any fit you then pass on the message.

Eg, typical restrictions for someone in my area

Mail Settings
To send a message to ???????? you MUST meet the following criteria:
Male
Age Between:50 and 60.
Lives in Canada
Lives within 75 You must have a picture to contact this user.
 razors_edge55
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2017 4:37:56 AM
LOL ,,welcome to my world
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/15/2017 4:59:53 AM
^^
International Man of Mystery?
Seriously, this is a free site & some like restrictions on their email in-box.

Otherwise, it may be filled w/ emails from Nigerian Scammers.
 razors_edge55
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2017 5:26:17 AM
Man of Mystery ?? not me I'm an open book,,just happens to be a comic book ;-)

Joyeuse Paques
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/15/2017 5:39:15 AM
^^^Merci!
Filet Mignon 2 U2!

Seriously, Ebola, is the OP ur new protege?
 jimjonesoak
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/16/2017 7:26:26 PM
What is wrong with women from other countries trying to scam you. I find it entertaining when they solicit you for money they are very creative. I tell them of course I will marry you . Even if they want it for citizenship. Just raise the money and fly to Guam where I live. I'll meet you at the airport.
 jimjonesoak
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/16/2017 7:50:16 PM
"You need to read the profile more thoroughly.
Close to the bottom will be a persons mail restrictions. Read them, if any fit you then pass on the message."

Not all of us can read. You assume too much by thinking even if I could read I'd make it past the main picture.

jk.

Still there should be a lock on even starting an email. I understand that many daters are not interested in long distance relationships so it is understandable that they are interested in people from their country. I'll check next time I see a girl from another country and am interested in their profile. Reading the whole 2 paragraphs then writing 2 sentences is such a chore.
 cotter
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2017 7:07:01 PM
OP ...
Well, if you're looking for a "girl" ... that might be part of the problem.

If you are writing to "women" too much younger than you, POF will not allow it. There is a filter on here for that ... or is it an "app"?

Also, a lot of grown (mature) women do not appreciate being referred to as a "girl". I personally don't mind because I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I'm too busy having too much fun to even think about it.
 jimjonesoak
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/20/2017 7:41:02 PM
Some girls don't like being referred to as women plural. So if you are a guy on a dating site it is a lose lose situation unless you look like a rock star or famous actor that would avoid pof like the plague.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/20/2017 8:32:27 PM

So if you are a guy on a dating site it is a lose lose situation unless you look like a rock star or famous actor that would avoid pof like the plague.

Nope, just the opposite, still a lose lose and the better looking you are the worse it is.

Look at the numbers.

If you were to sort everyone in a grouping based on a 1-10 scale you would find the majority fit in the 4-7 range with 1% making up either end of the scale.

Then you assume that most people only date within their range of up.

So then if you have a guy that is a 9 or higher he has a very small pool to pick from and deals with as many unwanted emails as the girls

Then you must also take into account that attraction is not a choice, it is what it is and you have no control over it, so complaining about it only makes you a complainer about things you really have no control over.

So now you have a much smaller pool to pick from of compatible mates.

So the people who have it the best, are the average looking people, or good looking people willing to lower their standards just for some azz.
 lyinjovan
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/21/2017 9:35:33 AM
^^^^^^ when you going to apologize to KJ521 for getting it so wrong LOLahole?
 LOLTrump
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/21/2017 12:14:00 PM

^^^^^^ when you going to apologize to KJ521 for getting it so wrong LOLahole?

Do you need an adult?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > User does not accept messages from people in your country.