Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What's the best way to improve my profile?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sigamabond
Msg: 1
What's the best way to improve my profile?Page 1 of 1    
Hey POF users,

I saw that there were subthreads so I thought I'd give this one a try. I'm seeking advice to improve my profile. I've started using this site for about a week and have received replies. After scrolling the "Help" section I noticed that POF had forum where users can seek advice. Afterwards, I thought it would be cool to give it a shot since I always have room to do better. I'm willing to listen to critiques and also open to making improvements. If you have any suggestions or comments of uploaded pictures, that would be great too. There should be enough info in the profile to make several comments. If I need to add or remove more information, I'll edit the profile after the suggestions are made. I made sure to be somewhat brief since that lessens the burden of reading too much profile information. I look forward to maximizing my profile potential and make the most of POF. Thanks for your time!

P.S. If there are threads with these subject titles please let me know. I searched for these in the forum, but I couldn't find anything specific: Common mistakes with first message, The difference between a good and great profile, Avoiding interview messages, Natural vs Forced Conversation, and How to keep the conversation fresh.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 2
What's the best way to improve my profile?
Posted: 4/18/2017 11:00:44 AM

P.S. If there are threads with these subject titles please let me know. I searched for these in the forum, but I couldn't find anything specific:

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingForum94.aspx

That said, there is nothing you can do to improve your chances as your chances are pretty much locked in. Now there are things you can do that will reduce your chances, like acting weird etc... but provided you keep it normal you will be fine.

Basically it comes down to this, if you came across someones profile and said to yourself, she is not for me, what if anything could she change about her profile to get you to change your mind?
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/18/2017 3:12:51 PM

Be 6 feet tall.
Be a male model, or at least look like one.
Own and drive a $1.4 million Ferrari LaFerrari.

Anything less, lotsa luck.
 Walts
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/18/2017 4:02:34 PM

Own and drive a $1.4 million Ferrari LaFerrari.

Well isn't that just great. Ya could have told me a little earlier there fullmoon.

I gave mine up earlier this year at the

border.
 south_city
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/23/2017 10:26:40 AM

The rest is in the message. Instead of going for quantity go for quality. Find something you have in common and ask about that in your opening message. Think about how you start every day conversations with strangers and use those same techniques and topics. If you wouldn't say in front of your Grandmother/ or you wouldn't want your mother to read it, do not say it in any of your messages or texts to start. Wait for that until after you have got to the point where you are getting jiggy to start that talk.

I know the OP is gone....For the most part the email content won't make much a difference. Unless it is crude ( sexual content ) or overaggressive ( such as asking a woman on the first email ). I have written various types of first emails and it didn't have much impact. When I got more emails, it was often after I added new and better pictures and/or to a lesser extent revising my profile.
Posted: 5/2/2017 8:02:40 PM
Show a picture of you with cinamon bun earrings with white frosting drizzled over them and have a big glass of milk on a table next to you. If you have ample cleavage put one in there too!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2017 7:53:00 PM
fullmoonguy is right to an extent. It is about your appearance, your status etc.... initially. It is a click next medium
and if you dont appeal, then they pass on by.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/9/2017 10:19:09 AM
The BEST way ?

Be at least 6 feet tall

Seriously, that is the best way a man can improve his profile
 aintnodeal
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2017 12:25:09 AM
Studio Quality Photos. Seriously - look your goddamn best. Your best haircut. Your best shave. Your best suit. Your best side. Your best lighting. Get a metrosexual to do your make-up.

Call professional studio photographers, look at their work and pick someone who's phenomenal. You need that 8x10 glossy in color and b/w.

The first step in any relationship is to get someone to pay attention and actually WANT to contact you.
The first step is NOT to publish a list of demands, followed by a list of grievances, followed by a set of rules to obey.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What's the best way to improve my profile?