Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Bf dumped me via text      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 liz1984
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Bf dumped me via textPage 1 of 1    
Had been with my bf 5 months, used to text all day everyday but we would quite often go 3 or 4 weeks without seeing each other as he didn't want to for some reason. Found out he had been smoking weed behind my back and the last time I saw him asked him about it as he got a message on his phone while i was sitting next to him. And he denied it. My ex did drugs so didn't want to be with someone that does drugs. I met his Uncle and sister the night before and had regulary been at his house and met his Nan and pop. Then 4 weeks after leading me on texting me like normal he sent a msg saying im so sorry its not working out anymore u know this so just throw my stuff out yeah. I was heartbroken. I asked him not to contact me again and then a month later he calls me 3 times at 11pm. Anyone got any advice on the situation please. Thanks
 Mz_Informed
Msg: 2
Bf dumped me via text
Posted: 5/2/2017 7:01:08 AM
Pretty simple: You state you don't want to be involved with someone who does drugs. He does drugs. Block and ignore him.

See? Simple.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 3
Bf dumped me via text
Posted: 5/2/2017 8:25:44 AM
er if you didn't see him for weeks at a time ( his choice) not really a BF of 5 months. This the guy didn't want to have sex? I think you should consider yourself happy to be finished with him
 Maleman999
Msg: 4
Bf dumped me via text
Posted: 5/2/2017 10:22:34 AM

...used to text all day everyday but we would quite often go 3 or 4 weeks without seeing each other

Live by the text-die by the text. He was more of a cyber boyfriend, so why would you be surprised if he dumped you via text? Maybe he was after a real relationship with a real person, but all you could provide was being a pen pal.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 5
Bf dumped me via text
Posted: 5/2/2017 12:24:09 PM

Anyone got any advice on the situation please

Marry him.

Then watch your life go down the drain.

Found out he had been smoking weed behind my back and the last time I saw him asked him about it as he got a message on his phone while i was sitting next to him. And he denied it. My ex did drugs so didn't want to be with someone that does drugs.

Then shouldn't you have dumped him via text?
 PollyR107
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Bf dumped me via text
Posted: 5/3/2017 11:39:43 AM
"Anyone got any advice on the situation please"

Not sure in what situation you'd like advice: he dumped you via text, he smokes weed or he rang you 3 times after text dumped you.

The fact that he dumped you via text, isn't ideal, I must admit. But at least he told you straight. Some folks just up and disappear without a trace, that's far worse. I personally don't like texting. It's a waste of time and doesn't replace a proper convo. You can spend hours texting which can be done and finished in 10 minutes on the phone. If a guy wants me to text back and forth "all day", I'm out. He's not for me.

Some guys want to re-connect for a number of reasons. I'd suggest you answer his call next time he rings and see what he has to say. If he wants to reconcile, he'll be very clear about his intentions and say sorry to you. Then it's up you if you want him back.

If he says something casual like, I miss you, how're you doing? He may be looking to keep a female presence in his life without wanting to get back together with you. If this is the case, cut him off completely. Staying in touch with an ex who needs ego boost every now and so often isn't good for your self esteem and will delay you from moving on to meet more amazing guys.

He smokes weed and you don't wanna get involved with someone who does drugs. You shouldn't expect him to change or try to change him. People don't change unless they want to do so themselves.

JMO.
 MidWestAussie
Msg: 7
Bf dumped me via text
Posted: 5/4/2017 6:29:27 AM
Well this is what you get when you're dating the "Bad Boys".
 dragonbytes
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Bf dumped me via text
Posted: 5/4/2017 7:07:50 AM
Sounds like irreconcilable differences.

You like each other and want to stay together, but you object to weed and he wants to keep using it. If neither of you want to compromise, then you can't be together. You need to discuss this honestly, he shouldn't have to hide his behavior from you, if you can't accept it just say that and keep your distance.

BTW, you never said what he wanted in those 3 calls, you need to discuss how you might handle his use of weed.

I equate weed to drinking alcohol, not a serious drug, but if any drug is taken to excess it becomes a problem. Being a drunk is a problem, just as smoking weed to excess is a problem.

I think alcohol is actually a more serious drug than weed, but it is legal and weed is sometimes sort of legal.
 manreason30
Msg: 9
Bf dumped me via text
Posted: 5/4/2017 4:38:31 PM
I gotta take a dump,

just did it: via text.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Bf dumped me via text
Posted: 5/4/2017 7:47:16 PM
this was never a real relationship. Texting is not what it is about. If he did not want to meet in the physical he had lots to hide and I would not have wasted 5 months. He called you at 11 pm, that is booty time or when he was drunk or lonely. Let it go. I am sorry you were upset but really next time only spend time with someone who will date you in the physical and want to spend time with you. You look like a nice wholesome girl and you deserve the same. He does drugs, you dont. That is a whole other world and you are better off without him.

Seki1949
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Bf dumped me via text
Posted: 5/11/2017 10:26:21 PM

then a month later he calls me 3 times at 11pm.

He was drunk or high. Most likely drunk. You say, Bye-Bye!
 Seki1949
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Bf dumped me via text
Posted: 5/11/2017 10:29:33 PM
PS: Is Mom available?
 aintnodeal
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Bf dumped me via text
Posted: 5/13/2017 7:08:39 PM
This "relationship" has all the depth of a wrong number call. Hang up and forget about it.
 runningout
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Bf dumped me via text
Posted: 5/14/2017 10:40:37 AM
What advice are you looking for? According to you, he is a lying druggie. What advice could you possibly need?
 PennyAnte
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Bf dumped me via text
Posted: 5/23/2017 5:48:52 AM
Did you discuss weed and forbid him to do it? Thus he did it behind your back? You can't control people. You especially can't control people using drugs. Most just smoking reefer will deny it is even a drug. It's legal in my state.

So, what was so revealing about the message on his phone and why were you reading his phone?

Maybe that behavior ticked him off. If you were up in his chit and playing mental detective with accusations of him doing stuff "behind your back" perhaps he felt like he had a warden not a girlfriend.

Some men like to be taken hostage, other men like to date. He perhaps dumped you via text to avoid the drama that would ensue.

Don't try to change a man. Choose a man that doesn't smoke weed if you are against it. Don't try to turn a pothead against smoking his weed. You have no contest. You would have better luck trying to play tennis with an octopus.
 jeni366
Msg: 16
Bf dumped me via text
Posted: 5/23/2017 11:54:53 AM
It saddens me to see women (and men) struggle with these situations. I don't (yet I do) understand why a person needs others to affirm that it's time to run for the hills.

It sounds to me as it was done as soon as it began. Leave it alone - move on with you life.
 pepperstrand
Msg: 17
Bf dumped me via text
Posted: 5/22/2018 6:56:38 AM
Al-Anon, they help with co-dependence.
 cooldog65
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Bf dumped me via text
Posted: 5/22/2018 9:37:58 AM
^^^ Gee, you're only about a year late to the topic...
 Viper1j
Msg: 19
Bf dumped me via text
Posted: 5/22/2018 11:37:37 AM

Bf dumped me via text

That's what cowards do.

I don't have time in my life for cowards. My ex did that to me as well, six months later, her car got creamed by a bus.

May you be so lucky.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Bf dumped me via text
Posted: 5/24/2018 3:27:41 AM
Consider it his gift to you.
 lulz567
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Bf dumped me via text
Posted: 7/13/2018 5:01:09 PM
I’ve only got advice if you can handle it. In meantime I would wake up every day ,look in Mirror and say out loud “I’m a damn fine woman and I deserve a man with a heart of gold and not a bargain bucket chicken wing with bones sticking in me throat.
 blushing4you
Msg: 22
Bf dumped me via text
Posted: 12/27/2018 3:31:47 PM
I don't date guys that do drugs.
At least he sent you a text.
Some are cowards and will just disappear like a fart.
Never chase a man.
Unless he owes you money, an apology or an explanation for physically/sexually harming you.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Bf dumped me via text
Posted: 12/29/2018 10:14:17 AM
@Blushing. I see you resurrected this thread. I commented 2 years ago. As I read it again I see that both you and the original poster are both
social drinkers. Do drinkers not know that alcohol is a drug? Alcohol is a depressant drug. It is ETHER which could be more potent than smoking spliff. Ether will kill you. It's called alcohol poisoning. I never heard of someone overdosing on marijuana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb0s1AePP2g
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Bf dumped me via text