Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > POF Login Issues - Ongoing      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 upnorth321
Msg: 1
view profile
History
POF Login Issues - OngoingPage 1 of 1    
I have had an ongoing issue for the last 6 months logging into my profile from home. I get the login screen and it tells me my username/password is incorrect but if I connect the same laptop to my WiFi hotspot or any other network I have no issues. I have done all the usual stuff like rebooting the modem and router. Everything else works fine except logging into the POF site.

I have contacted Customer Care with no luck. Please help!
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 2
POF Login Issues - Ongoing
Posted: 5/8/2017 11:08:15 PM
Does anyone else use POF from your home? It's possible you're falling foul of the automated dual account detection robot.
 upnorth321
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2017 11:25:01 PM
Yes there was but not any more. I am not sure what to do to get this resolved? I have emailed customercare quite a few times with no help. I can't even create a new profile while at home - The hotspot is not a good solution in the long term but it works for the short term.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/9/2017 12:27:47 AM
Yeah, it sounds as though your IP has been blacklisted since the duplicate account detection algorithm saw 2 different profiles being logged into from the same IP.

As for getting it resolved, the site pretty much runs on autopilot these days. Customer "care" generally don't bother with this kind of trivial thing since losing one free user means nothing to them. Best I can suggest is to call your ISP and request a change of IP address. You will probably have more luck doing that since you're paying them on a monthly basis and most ISPs like to keep their customers happy.
 Starion
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2017 1:34:33 AM
My issue was that it kept asking me to log in each time I clicked "POST", only to then start over with an empty message and lost text reply. Good thing I could go back & copy/paste it. Seems better after a few posts.
 nakdrabt
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2017 5:14:16 AM
Why is it that I must login each and every time I choose a different category offered,such as inbox,meet me,or search as examples...it seems when I switch from one to the other I have to login each time???
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/11/2017 7:06:53 AM
The forums have had a problem with having to re-log-in all the time, for a long time now. I don't anticipate that getting solved any time soon.

I've never heard of that happening on the main dating site though. Have you got cookies disabled/blocked?
 Isurus3
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/31/2017 5:53:05 PM
Customer Service here is NON-existent. It reminds me more and more of the SNOPES people, the Mikkelsons, resting on their laurels while the world completely passes them by.

I managed to login to THIS "add post" page at POF, using my nifty new password, but I still can't log in to my account with that SAME password.

I've had it with these clowns. I'd delete my account except that you have to log in to actually delete it. Judging from how far back these similar complaints go, these people are more than a day late and a dollar short.

Of course, then, in a complete lapse of ANY kind of personal integrity, they leave their patrons stuck in this endless loop of no-information, going AROUND and AROUND the website looking for some spark of sanity ....... and finding NONE.

I started programming back in the mid-'60s and this has to be one of the worst software cluster-fcuks I've seen to date. Did they hire the same Pakistani IT spy that Debbie Wasserman-Schultz was caught covering for?
 LOLTrump
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/31/2017 7:13:18 PM

Customer Service here is NON-existent. It reminds me more and more of the SNOPES people, the Mikkelsons, resting on their laurels while the world completely passes them by.

You need to demand a refund.
 spot4username
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2017 11:03:34 AM

I've had it with these clowns. I'd delete my account except that you have to log in to actually delete it

We could all report your account. Enough of those and it will be deleted for you.
 feirene
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2017 6:30:58 AM
if you have firefox browser then just opening the private window will work. it's possible other browsers private browsing will do the same.

my account got deleted for something similar. i deleted my old account, any new account i made after that got flagged and deleted within several minutes, but using the private window changes your ip and so you can use an account.

if i get deleted now i'm not fussed, this site has no support anyway and is basically a **** site (like everything else online). reckon POF will get shut down as soon as people stop investing in it anyways.
 EzraMoreno619
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/2/2017 12:55:27 PM
I use an encrypted internet connection on a VPN at home, and I can't login to POF from the VPN. Damn it POF, friggin' fix this issue already.
 bernadette1001
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/1/2018 11:46:55 PM
Hi: my user name Bernadette 1001 my pass word Daisy,could you please help me I can,t get in to my profile.I am have issues .Thank you.
 spot4username
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2018 2:26:34 AM
Oh my goodness!

Lady - you have just given the entire world your username and password. Only thing missing is the email but there are workarounds for just about everything. If you use that password for ANY other sites I suggest you change it immediately.
 apriloveswhiteroses
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/2/2018 7:46:37 AM
^^
I agree
The problem is :..She said she can't open her profile... Maybe someone can make her that huge favor
And close for her that profile before someone else use it for to do. Bad stuff...
Since she was so "innocent" on writing her password online in a forum!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > POF Login Issues - Ongoing