Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Hostels in Zadar and Zagreb, Croatia, in September, 2017      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 arwen52
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Hostels in Zadar and Zagreb, Croatia, in September, 2017Page 1 of 1    
Hello! I'm going to be traveling in Croatia. Most of the time I'll be with a group so accommodations are covered, but I'll be staying overnight in Zadar one night and in Zagreb one night. This will be early/mid September, 2017. I'm a budget traveler. I've looked online and made reservations at two hostels but I can change them. If anyone has any experience and/or recommendations, let me know, otherwise I'll just take my chances. These are the places I've booked:

In Zadar, Old Town Hostel
http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Old-Town-Hostel/Zadar/29099?dateFrom=2017-09-08&dateTo=2017-09-09&number_of_guests=1&sc_pos=13

In Zagreb, Hostel Time Zagreb. I chose them for the location and it's economical.
http://hosteltimezagreb.com/#pricelist

Another place in Zagreb that interested me was Hostel Mali Mrak Zagreb but it's on the outskirts of town. Since I will have traveled 3-4 hours by bus and 1 1/2 hour by boat before arriving and will only stay that night, I thought I'd prefer a place more central, which this place is not.
http://www.hostel-zagreb.com/location/

If anyone has personal experiences with hostels/budget hotels/air bnb in either of these cities, let me know. Or if you have been to these cities and have recommendations of things I *must* do while there (for one day only) let me know. I already know about the "water organ" and "sun salutation" in Zadar. However, local foods, etc., that will be within easy reach will be appreciated. I'll be looking in guide books, too, such as Lonely Planet and Rick Steves.

Thanks!
 arwen52
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Hostels in Zadar and Zagreb, Croatia, in September, 2017
Posted: 6/8/2017 7:39:16 AM
For some reason, my reservation at Hostel Time Zagreb cancelled my reservation. The site says it is no longer taking reservations through their site. I have gone and made reservations at Hostel Chill Out and Hostel Emporium. The second is a new place, has a private room with a balcony, and include breakfast, for $11/night.

Getting excited about this trip!
 arwen52
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2017 8:51:27 PM
Well, a second reservation for a hostel has also been cancelled. This is worrisome. The first time I got a message that said that Hostel _?_ is no longer taking reservations through this site. I thought maybe they stopped doing it through the site. But then I had a *second* reservation with another hostel cancelled. When I went to the site, they were still listed with them but said they were booked up for the date I wanted. They were *not* booked up when I made the reservation a good two weeks prior. This is a little worrisome. I've gone and made reservations with several hostels now because I don't want to show up in a foreign country and have nowhere to stay!
 meowzing
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/5/2017 10:28:57 PM
My sister lives in Greece (our mother was from the island of Crete), and I have several family members living in Zagreb, Croatia. Most do not care for American travelers. Being you are a female traveling alone, remember to stay with your group. Most will not view you as a guest, but will be hospitable being you are spending money. It would help if you are Catholic; most are quite spiritual.

Be smart, be safe, enjoy the beautiful beaches, the Roman ruins (Istria- Solin), and remember where you are.
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Hostels in Zadar and Zagreb, Croatia, in September, 2017