Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Men height vs women weight      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NYCKOSI
Msg: 1
Men height vs women weightPage 1 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
Why is it ok to ask a man of his height but you ask a woman about her weight she gets all bend out of shape. Over the course of time woman have asked what is my height without hesitation I tell them then ask what is their weight. The expression on their face for many was priceless.

So you ladies state your real weight not your POF weight. lol
 spot4username
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Men height vs women weight
Posted: 5/17/2017 4:11:44 PM
When I have an active (for dating) profile I list my height and weight. It has never been an issue. I have also always dated my photos.

If you doubt a person is being truthful either cease communicating or click next. Simple.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/17/2017 4:47:34 PM
Is 5' 8" your POF height? I don't know anyone who gets bent outta shape when asked unless it is by some****ad stranger :)
I weigh 131. Less without lipgloss
 Walts
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/17/2017 4:51:21 PM
No matter if people ask my height, or weight, my answer has always been, "I'm drunk". After that, they then can always take anything that comes out of my mouth with a grain of salt. Why?????

Because pepper can sometimes be a little warm.
 five-marie
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2017 5:59:56 PM
In my experience half the men I met lied about their height, hence the question perhaps? Sure a lot of women lie about their weight so I suppose they should be ready for that question.
It's online dating, most everyone lies/omits/etc.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2017 6:10:32 PM
Men with manners dont ask how much a woman weighs especially if you are actually with her in the physical. What is the point??? . It is like asking a man how much he earns. There are plenty of lies told on POF by both genders. How about you load a clear full length photo on your profile? You may be hiding a beer gut!!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2017 6:11:56 PM
ouija
of course if you are slim you are happy to reveal your weight, even proud of it. lol on the lipglass comment. like it!!
 daynadaze
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2017 6:33:27 PM
Because it's not the same question, ask women their height.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/17/2017 6:50:01 PM
Burt's Bees lip balm, mmm mmm nice!

I looked at the profiles of 10 men, I added their height in inches, I divided by 2 , I subtracted 100 then added 50 and tada!
I have my weight! ........................ Um.......... does anyone else smell what I smell? ......Is there a dead horse around here somewhere.? ..................Oh for cryyin' out loud. STOP kickin' the horse!
 NYCKOSI
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/17/2017 7:02:49 PM
""""Because it's not the same question, ask women their height.' <-----big BS

Ask men their weigh then. Who should control the questions? Both or just women?
 2ufo2
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/17/2017 7:14:43 PM
Just meet the person.
Should easily be able to determine if their height and weight is within the parameters you desire.
And you don't even have to ask either question.

As for me... 5'7 3/4" and 233 lbs.

Asking questions to get to know someone is always enjoyable but you don't have to ask things that are either self-evident or imply the other person has lied. And, if they have, that's usually their problem.
 Nestaron
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/17/2017 7:16:20 PM
I have never been asked my height nor have I ever been questioned on it wonder why that is? Maybe cause if a person is truly into you they are not going to care about it. If they did ask I would tell them somewhere between 173 cm to 179 cm look at a Canadian Measuring tape to find out. While you are doing that I will find someone who has better things to ask, and to share.
 Nestaron
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/17/2017 7:18:18 PM
My body is solid thank you for caring not that you will ever see it and refer to the same before only address weight scale and it's somewhere between 140-175 lbs your eye view seems to be good guess.
 moraima
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2017 7:50:03 PM
"Why is it ok to ask a man of his height "

I am old as dirty and I have never ever asked a man his height.

"but you ask a woman about her weight she gets all bend out of shape"

Never ever have been asked my weight.

FYI, I have never met a man who was shorter than his profile indicated but I sure have met a few men who have showed up weighing 100 lbs more than they indicated on their profile.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2017 8:16:21 PM
I don't think I've ever asked a women her weight. I do the math from the photos or by what I see in person. IF it don't add up, it don't add up, pretty simple. Even kids can tell when you give a value that off by 20% or more.

Women have TOLD me their weight - and also made a point about what they USED to weigh in high school. ( a useless factoid )

Women have asked my height probably half the time - not just dates - I mean HALF the women I've known for a couple of months have asked my height ( AND why I don't have kids, AND where I was born, AND about my brothers/sisters )
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2017 8:39:11 PM
Going to have to concur with Daynadaze (Msg 8) here.

It is NOT the same question.

It's just a general rule of our society that asking a woman her weight is too personal. It's considered rude.

It's not generally considered rude to ask a man his height -- unless of course he is VERY short. Most men add one inch to their height, so just subtract an inch from whatever he says. But really, why even bother? a lady will know if he is tall enough for you when you meet him.

If anyone asks me my weight, I just say: "Oh, about a hundred and something." Sails right over most heads.

An even better answer to that question is "None of your business." Spoken in an even tone.
 PollyR107
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2017 3:29:23 AM
You don't have to reveal body weight on here, just body type. But it does show on the profile how tall you are.

If I get asked how much I weigh, I'll say I don't know. Because I don't know. I don't weigh myself as long as I fit in my clothes (the usual size) OK, I'm alright. And this is the truth. I never ask how tall my date is, I can see that myself when I meet them. The height and weight do change all the time. So not a very good indicator for interest, IMO. However, if one tells significant lies about their weight and height, it tells me that they're insecure and dishonest. Both of them are red flags for me.

Being tall/short/overweight/slim is up to individual standards. I'm 5'4 and dress size 8-10 in the UK (4-6 in the U.S.) I see myself as average. But in my parents home country, I'm huge and unattractive because oriental men are small. In the UK or US, I'm small and slim. So go figure.
 gtomustang
Msg: 18
weight, what?
Posted: 5/18/2017 6:01:39 AM
if one is literally seeing the expression on the interviewee's face (and not just using a cliché, tho the one about being bent out of shape while discussing body shape was ironic), then one can guess the weight. And if a woman had all those extra pounds in her bra, I doubt few men would be upset :)

Due to my looks, no one has worried about my weight--they were interested in my personality, or they weren't. I guess its a boon to not attract the superficial. Worry more about what is coming out of a person's mouth than out of their waistband...their words may hurt or help more.
 south_city
Msg: 19
weight, what?
Posted: 5/18/2017 6:50:52 AM
Body type is more meaningful than weight. 2 same people can have the same weight. Yet have different body types. Obviously height can be a major factor in this. But even when the height and weight are about the same, people can still have different body types. One person can be athletic / muscular and the other is fat.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/18/2017 7:08:03 AM

Why is it ok to ask a man of his height but you ask a woman about her weight she gets all bend out of shape. Over the course of time woman have asked what is my height without hesitation I tell them then ask what is their weight. The expression on their face for many was priceless.

If someone asks how tall you are, why wouldn't you respond with I'm 5'4 how tall are you?
You're apparently offended you've been asked so you decide to be mean...or you were struggling with a topic.
If you're asked how old you are, do you ask how much they weigh? I'll bet you do.

Next time someone asks me how long I've been at my job, I think I'll ask them how much they weigh.
Makes about as much sense.
 spot4username
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2017 7:22:56 AM

Next time someone asks me how long I've been at my job, I think I'll ask them how much they weigh.
Makes about as much sense.

I like this. It is like a full sentence (or question) version of Tourette's syndrome.

Random person: How do you like living on the island?
Me: How much do you weigh?

Random: Do you have children?
Me: How tall are you?

I picture my questions being asked in an aggressive manner. Being blurted out in response to the other person's questions. What great fun could be had. My social ineptitude could seek a whole new level!
 cooldog65
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2017 10:06:14 AM
Nice proportions are more important to me than numbers on a scale. My tastes range from slender to curvy.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/18/2017 11:09:40 AM
I get asked by random ppl all the time "how tall are you?" So I answer ( altho tempted at times to ask how bald etc they are)
Usual response
" you don't look that tall" So then wtf did you ask me.
Followed by either
I always wanted to be tall, or my second cousin is taller than you
Dafuq. I need to work more on my RBF
 browneyesboo
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/18/2017 11:55:54 AM
^^^^^I've had people say "I thought you'd be taller" even though
my profile says 5'4. (I'm actually 5'3 apparently according to Dr who
lies). I guess I sound loud.

I have the tall issue with my hair. It's long. Can't tell you how many times
I've had someone say "I used to have long hair but it was longer than yours".
Never met anyone that had long hair that was even a little bit shorter
than mine.

People are weirdo.
Except Jason of course...both of them!
(My boyfriend is Jason Stratham or Jeremy Renner if Jason is busy)
 aintnodeal
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2017 4:19:35 PM
O.M.G. Today, at work, three women quizzed each other about height. I was right there. How tall are you? And your Mom? And your Dad? And your brother/sister? ...and YOU-same questions.

I stayed out of it. I found out one girl's dad was pretty much 18 inches taller than the other girl's dad. TMI for me.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Men height vs women weight