Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Getting blocked by someone for no apparent reason      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 zonavar68
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Getting blocked by someone for no apparent reasonPage 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Anyone been mysteriously blocked for no apparent reason?

Started chatting to a lovely person two days ago - had three messages back and forth each. Tonight go to send another message and get 'you have been blocked. find someone else' when I tried to send it.

Guess the distance thing again might have done it? Person was about 200 km away (which is nothing really in rural Australia) and the messages I'd got back were nothing but awesome.

Anyway guess it was nice while it lasted...
 spot4username
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Getting blocked by someone for no apparent reason
Posted: 6/15/2017 4:54:29 AM
On your end there was no apparent reason
On her end there wan an apparent reason
Don't give it a moment's thought. Nothing is real until you meet.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/15/2017 8:06:05 AM
Don't worry about op...it happens to most guys...fire up some more messages and send
 flyover_boy
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2017 9:17:45 AM
Don’t give it a second thought. Almost every woman who contacts me on POF gets blocked, same for Match and well more than 50% of my eH matches are closed inside 30 seconds. This is a similar line that’s is so typical. People who live in rural areas and making connections. Online dating isn’t friendly to sparsely populated areas. It’s a numbers game and ‘on the net’ in any fashion, you are at a disadvantage. The only way of turning that around is dealing globally...but that’s a whole another topic.
 zonavar68
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2017 11:18:21 PM
I'm just about to cancel my EH account as it's just a dead lame duck.

Ironically I very rarely get blocked by anyone on that, and rarely here to. I try to write intro messages that are positive and related to the contents of the person's profile.
 hemingway234
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2017 6:57:17 AM
It's free for them to block, so don't give it a second thought.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/16/2017 7:26:27 AM
I have no idea.
It's possible I'm blocked by an abundance of peoples.
I've not noticed...and you shouldn't either.
People do what they do...just move on.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/16/2017 12:02:14 PM
you probably offended one of her friends in her digital posse
 sugarlandguy
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2017 3:26:19 PM
I wish there was a stat on profiles like the "Meet Me" stat but stated the number of women that blocked us.

I would try for a record if POF offered a prize
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2017 4:43:01 PM

Guess the distance thing again might have done it? Person was about 200 km away (which is nothing really in rural Australia) and the messages I'd got back were nothing but awesome.

It's never been my personal experience in my years on here, but, basically some will block when they're "Done". That way they're just not letting the phone ring indefinitely when you "call". A vast majority though will need at least a mildly negative reason in their minds, rational or not. Like, she realized that you're 200km away. Or it was mentioned then she thought "Uggh, why am I talking to him? Delete". Or she actually Read your profile after a few exchanges and decided not -- or thought "Hey, my friend talked to him / met him before," etc. Again, people can just use it as a "Delete" function, in a sense.

Nothing is real until you meet.

I always thought it was "Nothing is real until you meat." Oh wait, those are college rules...

It's possible I'm blocked by an abundance of peoples.
I've not noticed...and you shouldn't either.

That's true. Everyone only finds out when they go to write them and get the alert. You could not notice if they blocked you when you weren't going to write them until they wrote back -- or weren't going to reply to them leaving the last message anyway. I think it's fair to say everyone with active years meddling in POF-land have been blocked at least once. How much depends on the geographic sub-culture one's in, I guess.
 Akitahun
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2017 7:41:56 PM
I block when they obviously haven read my profile. I don't want them bugging me as to why I didn't reply.....!!!
 spot4username
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2017 5:15:48 AM
^^^ If I did that I would have to block every contact I receive. They all say something to the effect of loving my great profile. How I sound interesting or whatever and they agree with everything I said. *eyeroll*
 south_city
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/17/2017 8:24:11 AM
When women are no longer interested for whatever reason, some will block you as a preemptive strike to prevent any possible backlash. I would only block someone when they are clearly unable to take "No" for an answer or they send you rude emails. I heard a person's profile could be deleted if (s)he is blocked a certain amount of times.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2017 7:47:46 AM
Only you can review the messages. Perhaps you mentioned sex too soon. Were you objectifying her as in complimenting body parts? Did you disclose something that was contrary to what you put on your profile? Did you cuss or use poor spelling or grammar? I don't know.
These particular things don't bother me if the man is down to earth, humorous, sincere and intellectual. These particular things bother some women and are negative check marks against their long lists of criteria.

Distance has never been an issue for me. I don't travel for dates. I ask the man to come to me, to places where I am very familiar with the surroundings and will know other people in the establishment. For about 2 years I dated a man that drove 100 miles each way to see me twice a week and it worked out well for him and me. No complaints. He had a boss car and loved to drive. So, in these instances where you think distance is a problem offer to do the driving for the first month or so, giving enough time to get to know the person. The only obstacles there are are the ones you think are there.

This lady was "lovely" for four messages. That's fairly easy to do. Most people put their best foot forward initially. Consider this as a blessing in disguise. If she blocked you for what seems to be an unprovoked and mysterious reason you can only imagine the drama that would ensue if you had continued to try to communicate with her or worst yet, met her and tried to have a happy relationship.

Sometimes God does for us what we can not do for ourselves. I would chalk this one up as "everything happens for a reason" and leave it there. You don't need to know the reason she blocked you. Let's just assume she was a bech. Move on, someone else is out there for you and 7 x 7 better for you. Believe that and good luck in your searches. God bless you.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/18/2017 10:17:21 AM
I would be willing to bet...

that the vast majority on this site who HAVE been blocked for whatever reason, both 1) use the block button themselves and 2) have likely had only or mostly "bad luck" on this site.

Why don't you ask that Q?

One elegantry simple solution is to simply IGNORE. It also works quite well at these very Forums.

This site is mostly fruitcakes. Getting upset because you cannot read the mind of a fruitcake is not a good plan. Last time I checked, it's not even possible to read the mind of a sane person.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/18/2017 12:49:37 PM

Guess the distance thing again might have done it?

Maybe she read some of your forum posts.
 tickie30
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2017 11:47:12 AM
I guess it could be Dina,s true,p
 IBup4it
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/27/2017 11:52:36 AM
I always have a good reason to block someone they messaged me without an invitation.
 BeckyHT
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2017 4:30:27 PM

I always have a good reason to block someone they messaged me without an invitation.

This makes no sense. You can send out messages/invitations, but the other side can't send you messages/invitations?

For sure, now that I know, I won't be sending you any messages.

And on the topic of this thread, in the past when I was active, I don't remember ever being blocked. I just tried to respond friendly to anyone who sent me a message, or I apologized with some lame excuse if I didn't think it would be productive to continue.
 Playaholic
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2017 8:54:01 PM
Well I have a new one....I wrote a message, first one, and found I was already blocked.
Now THAT was/is confusing....
 Chromis1
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2017 10:20:44 PM
^^^^^ Don't let yourself be insulted or confused. Veterans of OLD all will offer you the same advice, and free of charge, at that, which goes against the very grain of my being, but oh well. Develop a thick skin. Take nothing personally. Never cast the blocker, or the rejector, or whoever else deems it not necessary to give you the time of day, in a negative light ... after a while that exercise becomes too debilitating. Cast she/he in NO light - purge the memory, forget it, move on.

When I messaged, I did this: Craft the message, send it, then delete it from my out box. Within several days I'd pretty much forget that I had sent the message, so there was nothing to fret about. Then again, I'm pretty old, so forgetfulness is coming more naturally for me. Such a blessing.
 south_city
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/14/2017 11:04:44 AM

Well I have a new one....I wrote a message, first one, and found I was already blocked.
Now THAT was/is confusing...

She was probably browsing through profiles and saw something that she didn't like. For example, you mentioned that you voted for Trump. For some people on both sides, who you voted for might be enough to block a person.
 U21984
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/16/2017 3:12:19 PM
Love the fact that all these GERIATRIC cat ladies can't contact me. Thank you Big Fish Markus even though you seem quite Cucked! haha

I would not just block, I would first CRUSH.
 U21984
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/16/2017 3:13:36 PM
You block just cause they haven't read your profile!!

Dear Madam Curie,

No GUY gives a $hit what your profile says. So long as you're not NUCKING Futz. Other than that, just be happy they wrote you! hahaha

Folks,

These regular posters have the WORST advice. hahah
It’s crazy! This place is NOTHING but losers – not counting me and a few other guys, of course!
Others have said This Forum is the BIGGEST COLLECTION OF LOSERS known to the Internet!
For documentation, google =POF FORUMS= People have known about this place for 10 years and running! LOL
Better Choice - Listen to me fellas, and read my threads. I GET chicks. Just. Like. That!

Not always, but steady..........Everyone knows it, too. Well, game knows game.
 SilverWings2017
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/25/2017 3:16:20 AM
Believe me, no one is interested in contacting you whatsoever U21984.

Go back to your coffee shop and await your next victim. Your advice is trash.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Getting blocked by someone for no apparent reason