Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Looking for some pointers      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AGuyCalledRyan
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Looking for some pointers Page 1 of 1    
Okay so I've not been having much luck on the online dating world so I'm looking for some advice and pointers as to where I'm going wrong, I know I'm not classed as good looking but want to know where I can improve my profile

Thanks in advance
 Maria11418
Msg: 2
Looking for some pointers
Posted: 6/17/2017 11:28:16 AM
Greetings, OP:

You are an attractive, fit man with your head together and a lot going for yourself. Even your username is one of the best. Online dating disappoints most people. One of the problems with it, aside from its being a luck and numbers game, is that people read your stats rather than starting by seeing you and having a conversation with you. This works against the natural way, being interested first and working with the rest later.

I have a feeling that you do much better in person. By all means use your online profile but explore as many real life options as possible.
 Forums_only
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/17/2017 12:05:20 PM
You very well may be good-looking, it's hard to tell from your photos. The one clear head shot (someone's wedding?) is nice but you need a full on brilliant smile. Each person's idea of 'attractive' is different. For example, I go mental for Keith Richards, some are more the Brad Pitt type. Whatever fills yer boots.

You have the option to caption the photos - this will help in the group shot and you can (hopefully) use humour.

So, you hate kids? "Prefer not to say" lets your viewer go immediately to worst-case-scenario mode. Your call, of course.

The profile is pretty light, really, but maybe that's a 20-something trend. There is also the option to fill in a First Date idea - use a bit of humour/creativity there, too.

Patience is really important for this process. Good luck!
 bobbyjo101
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/18/2017 1:24:59 AM
I always assume when someone says "prefer not to say" means that they want kids but are embarrassed to say it. I only assume that someone doesn't want kids when they say "does not want children" and that is only when they already have adult children. The only guys I've seen on here that don't want children are the gothic long hair or alternative life style guys who are too busy picking mushrooms.

I don't like your first picture by the beach. I would delete it. I would use the minature golf picture because it makes you look more like a playboy. You look lonely in the beach background pic.

I don't know that we Americans on here would be the best judges. Scottish women might go for a different type than American women.
http://www.mensfitness.com/life/entertainment/heres-what-ideal-male-body-looks-19-countries-around-world

I remember when I lived in Europe, I did not like the way guys dressed, it would be considered overly feminine in the USA. I haven't been to Scotland. I don't know what women prefer there. Perhaps if you are long and lean, you could dress in a way that bulks you up. I know 1 million different ways to dress in a way that makes me look fat. lol. Also, you could model your pictures after guys who have luck with ladies in your area.

I didn't see anything off putting in your about me section.

I don't think you look bad at all, I really just don't like your first picture and other women may feel the same way and aren't clicking to look at the rest of the pictures on your profile.
 AGuyCalledRyan
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2017 10:08:34 AM
Thanks for the nice words and your advice guys! I will adjust my profile accordingly, as for kids I have adjusted that to want kids as ofcourse one day I do

Thanks again
 AGuyCalledRyan
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2019 11:59:32 AM
Hi guy's,
I'm still not convinced with my profile, would appreciate it if I could get some feedback

Thanks in advance
 hemingway234
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/17/2019 6:46:21 AM
around your age group, many of the women are in university. Take some night classes.

And find another hobby - golf is the devil!
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2019 11:13:09 AM
OP. I don't think that you are unattractive but your main image is not very flattering. You say something about being a "feeder" and I have no idea what you mean by that. You have nothing down as a conversation starter or first meet. Otherwise, I don't see anything wrong with your profile.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Looking for some pointers