Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > One-Liner Messages      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Camile2099
Msg: 1
One-Liner MessagesPage 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Since so many women complain about so many men sending them one-liner messages that consist of only one meaningless sentence, one would think men would learn how to write an informative paragraph ???? I believe more matches would occur if they did.
 spot4username
Msg: 2
view profile
History
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 6/19/2017 6:01:48 AM
You can use the mail settings to require that a message meet a minimum length. It will deter most of the people who send one word messages. This may be a free site but there are a number of filters available for use. It is up to the individual if they choose to use them.
 IBup4it
Msg: 3
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 6/19/2017 6:27:26 AM
You want to fvcking bet on that one!!!

Oh I know my profile sucks right? How about that headline though :P You might have to look it up...

No pictures? Cant make fun of my ugly mug I prefer to call a face.

Now one would think women could respond to a nice paragraph, with more than a hi there back. No question, nothing but hi there? Can they compile and actual sentence? You get better results saying hello I am interested this is my number and give it to them, call me between say 6pm and 11 pm if you dont call I will take it like your not interested. It doesn't have to be that blunt but you can write a nice message, appropriate and get the to the point quickly. Think of it like you asked a girl as a teen you just picked up the phone and said hey you want to go out yes/no was their response next.

Stop with the tag message sh!t get to the point, if they decide to write you back tell them, I am not here to be a pen, I am here to date, find love, and relationship. Clearly you are into playing games see you later.

Yes I am Nestaron and it does work. 14 Ladies who wanted to spend the weekend the past year and a bit, stop being such babies women want men not boys who hide behind a Fvcking screen feeling sorry for themselves.
 spot4username
Msg: 4
view profile
History
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 6/19/2017 6:56:15 AM
^^^ You didn't have to tell us it was you. The writing style is obvious.

Your teenage phone call example does not apply here unless you were just picking names out of the phone book back in the old days. Odds are you were calling girls you actually knew or had a mutual acquaintance with. There was some sort of foundation before that call. That is what initial messages here build.
 IBup4it
Msg: 5
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 6/19/2017 7:38:48 AM
lol cleary you dont know me that well. I went out with a girl I never even met until I went out with her. She lived 15hrs away and we spent a couple days together. I asked another girl out as soon as I saw her at a teen dance walked right upto her asked her out. Had another one prank phone call me asked her out too, ended up going out with the other girl with her for a few weeks. See no different I had to be given their names in the original call, and I do it now without a thought. Girls in real life growing up most I didn't know and only thing I knew was their name. I got that here a name it works. My last 2 relationships 1 five years 2 kids was asking out I didn't even know her name until after I asked her out. A blind date I was given her first name and nothing else that was on and off for 3 years you were saying?

Your on a dating site, I know more about you then what I would at school, bar, or anywhere else before I made a move. I see looks, posture, voice in that order I dont care about her employment, income, where she lives, or anything else at that stage. Dating is when you find that sh!t out, if you already know it that is more than enough information they even told you a story. That has always been the best part of dating to me the enjoyment of getting to know each other.
 PollyR107
Msg: 6
view profile
History
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 6/19/2017 8:18:22 AM
I personally won't reply to a one-word first message like, hi or hey (may be with a how are you). But never expect men to write an opening paragraph either. Men on dating sites usually send messages to a lot of women at the same time, so it'll be too much time consuming to tailor a first message to each woman's profile they're interested in.

I don't mind a generic opening like"I've read your profile and we seem to have something in common. Fancy a chat?" This will get me read the guy's profile and I'll decide if I want to reply, based on the info, pics on his profile. One must admit that there must be an attraction of some sort before a conversation can start. I never message men but if I did, I'd do a generic opening message as above (provided that we have something in common) to get the guy(s) to check my profile and he/they could take it from there.

JMO.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 7
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 6/19/2017 8:26:56 AM
"You can use the mail settings to require that a message meet a minimum length"

It doesn't always work, somehow.

I still get the short " Hey there " and " I need it bad ! " msgs all the time despite the minimum 50 character I have on mine
 cooldog65
Msg: 8
view profile
History
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 6/19/2017 8:38:48 AM
^^^The "Hey there :)" is a flirt that women can send. I've gotten those, but I haven't gotten "I need it bad!"
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 9
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 6/19/2017 8:41:15 AM
^^^^

I know it is a flirt that women can send but it shouldn't bypass a restriction IMO

As for the " I need it bad ! " msgs, you're not missing anything , trust me
 spot4username
Msg: 10
view profile
History
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 6/19/2017 8:50:33 AM
^^^ Yes, the system allows the "flirt" to bypass settings. It shouldn't do that. I wonder if the "flirt" can get around age/distance restrictions that have been set by the individual.

Usually my "I need it bad!" messages are met favorably.
Oh well.Back at it I guess.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 11
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 6/19/2017 9:04:17 AM
"Usually my "I need it bad!" messages are met favorably"

That doesn't surprise me
 purplerider1200
Msg: 12
view profile
History
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 6/19/2017 9:16:55 AM
Believe in something else, because it doesn't.

Never used a one liner in any of the opening messages I sent. After a couple years, I just said the h#ll with it, I must not be fit company. So I just ride about, do my work, and ignore the opposite sex like they don't exist.
 Camile2099
Msg: 13
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 6/19/2017 9:49:24 AM
Where do you access the option to vote on deleting a thread like the one above on this thread?? I don’t see this on all threads. As a fairly new and casual visitor, I’m interested in all new threads and don’t know or care if the subject has been posted before. It seems those who live on this site and don’t have an outside life could just pass over what they don’t want to read and give the rest of us the chance to read new threads even if the subject has been posted before.
 spot4username
Msg: 14
view profile
History
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 6/19/2017 10:02:45 AM
^^^ When you are logged in you will see the option to vote on new threads. The process is pretty self explanatory.
Per the rules you are supposed to revive an old thread if it is the same subject matter as the thread you are wanting to post.
Truth is this subject has been done to death.
You could do a search and get a lot of good advice on this subject.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 15
view profile
History
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 6/19/2017 5:47:52 PM

Truth is this subject has been done to death.

Yup. Do a thread search. Nobody has a consensus answer on why short messages are good, bad, or otherwise - but we all have our own opinions.

Being 'worthy' of someone's attention can be as simple as a smile, or as complex as a metal detector and a strip search. A few words on a screen? My guess is it's somewhere in-between.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 16
view profile
History
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 6/19/2017 6:58:33 PM

Since so many women complain about so many men sending them one-liner messages that consist of only one meaningless sentence, one would think men would learn how to write an informative paragraph ????

Actually, they have an informative paragraph on their profile (or at least should). One word? Okay, not ideal, but one sentence? Quite different... and I don't think it's as bad as it sounds at first glance, putting everything into perspective. While I think 2-3 (non-run-on) sentences are ideal in most cases -- realize this:

- Most people are using their phones to write a message. So for most, it's like sending a text.
- You can see their pics (knock on wood), you see an informative paragraph in the profile (knock on wood) about themselves already
- He doesn't know if you'll be interested at all, or even truly sure you'll even Read the message
- You're not the only one he's writing, probably that day; and he's not the only one writing you, either
- If you're at a singles bar and a guy strikes conversation, where you haven't even seen any information on him prior (unlike online) -- should he start off reciting the length of an informative paragraph as his opener? :)
- So given this phone-inet environment and not writing on pencil & paper responding to newspaper singles ad, IMO, it's understandable to get an initiator that's about 1-sentence, to see if you'll even bite.

But if you are keen on requiring a guy to write a lot -- mention it in your profile, and apply what the hot gal with no username here says...

You can use the mail settings to require that a message meet a minimum length.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 17
view profile
History
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 6/19/2017 10:54:42 PM
Blaming the people who don't respond to your messages is pointing your finger the wrong way.
The fault lies in the lap of the person who wrote the message...ALWAYS.
Because either:
- The message was not good
- The profile was not good
- The photo was not good
- All three above are accurate and the product is not good
 spot4username
Msg: 18
view profile
History
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 6/20/2017 4:38:42 AM

Because either:
- The message was not good
- The profile was not good
- The photo was not good
- All three above are accurate and the product is not good

I will add a fourth (because I am the weirdo not dating on a dating site)
-You are genuinely not looking to date and your profile says so
Every once in a blue moon I get a decent message from a man with a nice profile who is attractive and age appropriate. I usually write him back and thank him for his message and say some nice stuff. I have even let girlfriends know about his profile just in case one of them want to write him.
 south_city
Msg: 19
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 6/20/2017 7:23:09 AM
The first email content doesn't matter that much. Unless it is overaggressive ( such as asking a woman right away ) or it is crude ( such as sexual remarks ). I never said just "Hi" or "How are you?". However I did send various types of first email messages. It didn't have much impact on the amount of positive replies I got. When I did get more emails from women, it was often after I added new and better pictures of myself and maybe to a lesser extent after I had revised my profile.

When I was actively using OLD, the majority of women sent me winks or "How are you?" for the initial contact/email. It didn't bother me. The purpose of the first email is to see if there is mutual interest based on the pictures and profile. If there is, then people can write longer subsequent emails with more information. Also some people might say "How are you?" on the first email because that is how you often start a conversation with someone offline.
 from site to sight
Msg: 20
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 6/20/2017 5:44:52 PM
How many lines do women type out when she receives a message, and for whatever reason, is not interested in the person? Do women type out paragraphs to tell someone why they are not interested?
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 21
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 6/20/2017 5:53:55 PM
"Do women type out paragraphs to tell someone why they are not interested?"

Would you even WANT them to ?????

" Well, Joe....first of all, you're short so why would you think in your wildest dreams I'd EVER be even remotely interested ????Then there was that really stupid thing you said in your profile about blah , blah , your face does nothing for me , and trust me, that's me being very kind ... etc "
 gtomustang
Msg: 22
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 6/20/2017 6:53:43 PM
well, perhaps for the guys here who love to talk about how unattractive they are...perhaps they'd love to hear it from someone else :)
 aintnodeal
Msg: 23
view profile
History
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 6/20/2017 10:48:48 PM

I will add a fourth (because I am the weirdo not dating on a dating site)
-You are genuinely not looking to date and your profile says so

Actually, that's the 5th

My wording was sloppy on the 4th line - I was trying to be brief. What I meant is...The writer created a detailed and accurate profile with a clear photo, and sent an honest message - but the recipient had ZERO interest in any of it. No LIES, but also no interest generated.
 spot4username
Msg: 24
view profile
History
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 6/21/2017 5:14:52 AM

How many lines do women type out when she receives a message, and for whatever reason, is not interested in the person? Do women type out paragraphs to tell someone why they are not interested?

One of the first things you learn in OLD is not to send no thank yous. Of course it is a good way to learn some really colorful new language.
 south_city
Msg: 25
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 6/21/2017 10:07:23 AM

One of the first things you learn in OLD is not to send no thank yous. Of course it is a good way to learn some really colorful new language.

While I'm not suggesting people must respond to the initial email when they aren't interested, that doesn't necessarily prevent backlash. Some women ( and men as well ) told me they got messages such as "You think you are too good for me, you stuck up b!tch" because they didn't respond. Others on their profile have alluded to getting rude messages because they didn't respond.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > One-Liner Messages