Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > In Canada we reward terrorists      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 forever_live_and_die
Msg: 1
In Canada we reward terroristsPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
$10.5M settlement for Omar Khadr 'absolutely wrong': Clement

Convicted terrorist Omar Khadr is reportedly set to receive more than $10 million from taxpayers in a deal that one Conservative MP has called "absolutely wrong."

Justin Trudeau's Liberal government is also going to apologize to the former Guantanamo Bay detainee, according to a source familiar with the deal. The Toronto-born Khadr, 30, pleaded guilty to five war crimes before a military commission in 2010, related to alleged offences that occurred in Afghanistan in 2002, including the murder of a U.S. soldier. Khadr had sued the federal government for $20 million for breaching his rights.

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Canada/2017/07/04/22735658.html?cid=rssnews

Reports: Former Guantanamo detainee to get $10 million from Canada

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/04/americas/canada-omar-khadr-reported-settlement/index.html

Only in Canada
 Kj521
Msg: 2
In Canada we reward terrorists
Posted: 7/7/2017 4:48:56 AM
Well.....on a positive note....Omar may not get that pay out.

"Ex-Gitmo Prisoner Sued for Millions by the Widow of the Soldier He Was Convicted of Killing"

http://time.com/4844722/widow-guantanamo-prisoner-sued/
 deetristate
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/7/2017 5:21:22 AM
Did you know that Canada has one of the lowest refugee accrptance rates and actually has a government report and study associating refugees and immigrants with terrorism and crime?
 LOLTrump
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/7/2017 9:21:55 AM

Did you know that Canada has one of the lowest refugee accrptance rates and actually has a government report and study associating refugees and immigrants with terrorism and crime?

Did you know that Dee never backs up her claims because they are bullsh*t.
 kubatto
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/7/2017 9:34:53 AM

Did you know that Dee never backs up her claims because they are bullsh*t.

I almost have to agree with you on this one... I note that Troll King never cites a source for anything....at first I thought it was laziness... but recognizing she NEVEr cites.... it is more likely childlike obstinance. People ask for her sources so she is going to show them.. she is not going to produce them. Of course, oftentimes she is talking out of her rearend so there are no sources she can cite. Its kind of like the world according to Dee. There is her reality and then there are actual facts. Two different things.
 deetristate
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/7/2017 9:39:38 AM
Five more bucks I win!

They once again, (i could pay for fancy coffee for a week with this), they didn't question someone else who posted the same thing.

Ha!

I am special.

Ha, haaaa!
 LOLTrump
Msg: 7
In Canada we stand on guard for thee
Posted: 7/7/2017 10:31:25 AM

Five more bucks I win!

And as always the loser is the education system that let you slip through.

They once again, (i could pay for fancy coffee for a week with this), they didn't question someone else who posted the same thing.

You could pay for coffee for a week by pretending you are making imaginary bets and showing the world that you do not even understand how to use a comma or even how to write a sentence.

They once again, (...), they didn't...

Ha!

I am special.

Ha, haaaa!

Yep, and now it is your turn to pet the puppies Dee.

Either way, 5/10 for that deflection, points would be higher but you can only play the stupid card so many times before points are deducted.
 Walts
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/7/2017 4:36:10 PM

I am special.

Well, yes, yes you are.

More ways than one I might add.

Your friends have actually told me.

Therefore, it obviously is true.
 LGL1975
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2017 5:23:13 PM
Boy Trudeau is a lying sack of shit. He promised PR (proportional representation) but of course as soon as he got elected he backed out on that one. He should apologize to Canadians for being our prime minister and then kill himself.
 Kj521
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/7/2017 6:27:30 PM
I am sorry you feel that way about your PM.....but let's not go that far with suicidal wishes......

Some of us Americans get quite a bit of amusement out of him!

The pic of him at your Pride parade wearing Ramadan socks was comedy gold! :D
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/10/2017 2:32:22 PM

Well.....on a positive note....Omar may not get that pay out.

"Ex-Gitmo Prisoner Sued for Millions by the Widow of the Soldier He Was Convicted of Killing"

Guess what...?

He already has it... the pay-out that is...

The gov't DELIBERATELY paid it out quickly... just to stymie that little "scheme"...

Oh... and the US courts... can't touch it anyway... not in their jurisdiction... nor is Khadr...

But... it was a classic American effort... to take what "you" don't deserve and isn't "yours" in the first place... wasn't it...?
 cotter
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2017 3:56:19 PM
Wow ... what a payout for torturing someone.

It's illegal to torture prisoners. It's also illegal to make children confess to crimes by threatening them with a lifetime of detention without a trial unless they plead guilty. He was held for more than a decade in legal limbo, outside the scope of regular U.S. law in a place where “enhanced interrogation techniques” and outright torture were routine.

He qualified as a child soldier under UN conventions that Canada had pledged to uphold. The government should have done all it could to protect him, not cooperate in his legal persecution.

Message 11 ...
mungo ...
But... it was a classic American effort... to take what "you" don't deserve and isn't "yours" in the first place... wasn't it...?

Yep it sure was!

The US was participating in an illegal invasion of a sovereign nation and they have been illegally holding innocent people for a long time. When are they going to take "Dumbya" and his gang of terrorists to court on war crimes?

That US soldier's wife should be going after the US government for money not to mention that her husband should have refused to go to Afghanistan. It's ignorant to follow orders from people who go around with their heads up their asses. He never should have been in Afghanistan to begin with. More soldiers should have gotten together and refused to follow such ignorant orders. They should have also refused to participate in the illegal purchase of prisoners.

"Captured on the battlefield" my ass. They were purchased by our hard-earned tax dollars. More people should be outraged by that!
 gtomustang
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/10/2017 5:40:38 PM
oh, but its easier to just label everything terrorists. See, it fits on a bumpersticker, or a hat, and for a few dollars trumpets can feel like they "put their money where their mouth is" Finding out the whole story takes longer than their attention span, and when they find the world isn't black and white, their brains explode.

plus it allows the cheerleader to feel smart, that he knows something no one else does. Finding out what he knows isn't true...gets in the way of feeling smarter than the other sheeple.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/11/2017 12:44:17 AM

The pic of him at your Pride parade wearing Ramadan socks was comedy gold! :D

Really...?!?

“It is all about including people.

“This is why I am happy to wish a Eid Muburak to everyone of the Muslim faith.

“It’s all about how we celebrate the multiple layers of identities that make Canada extraordinary and strong, and today we celebrate with the entire LGBTQ community.”

Trudeau explaining his choice of garment

Why is it that you consider this to be... "comedy gold"...?

And what does THAT say about YOU...?

6 reasons why Muslims love Canada's Justin Trudeau
Those 'Eid Mubarak' Pride socks ...
2017-07-09 04:25
Rayana Khalaf
By Rayana Khalaf Contributor

It's no secret that Canadian Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, is a people's person, and Muslims know that firsthand.

With Islamophobes rising to power and spreading hate in the West, it's always refreshing to see a leader supporting Muslims and making them feel welcome, rather than collectively blaming them for the acts committed by radicalized terrorists.

Here are 6 reasons why Muslims love Trudeau:
1. He went to Pride Week wearing 'Eid Mubarak' socks

http://stepfeed.com/6-reasons-why-muslims-love-canada-s-justin-trudeau-6340
 forever_live_and_die
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/11/2017 1:48:37 AM
deetristate 3

What she fails to mention is that almost all the countries ahead of Canada are in close proximity to where the refugees come from. Explains the difference in rates since most refugees don't have the money to fly here. As far as immigration goes Canada is 6th in the world. Khadr is neither, he was born in Canada.

What an awe inspiring statement about that government report. Are you that stupid you can't figure out every country in the western world has done it. I'm guessing you're a shyster since all you did was try to deceive people with your post.

mungojoe 14

6 reasons why Muslims love Canada's Justin Trudeau
Those 'Eid Mubarak' Pride socks ...
2017-07-09 04:25
Rayana Khalaf
By Rayana Khalaf Contributor

I can't figure out your point for posting that.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/11/2017 2:19:39 AM

I can't figure out your point for posting that.

Does this help...?

"A husband and wife went to Morocco when she was expecting a child.

She went into a shop and looked at kaftans, and very much liked one of them. The price asked was far too high, and so they left the shop, only to be pursued down the street by the proprietor, who was now trying to give it to them for nothing.

The husband asked him why he should give it away like that.

'Don't you understand?' he shouted, 'What kind of people are you? A woman in that condition, when she covets something, puts the evil eye on anyone who doesn't give it to her! I don't want the evil eye!'

The husband said 'That is absolute nonsense, and you know it!'

The shopkeeper replied, 'I know it is, but what can I do? You see, I believe it!' "
 forever_live_and_die
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/11/2017 2:33:53 AM
Sorry but all i get from your posts is that it appears you're pro-trudeau
 deetristate
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/11/2017 5:22:13 AM
I am guessing you are simply someone who likes to argue even where there is no difference of opinion.
Hopefully every country could come to that reality without a study. It can't be any more obvious.

Alleged canadians on this site argue to the contrary.
(Psst. No one said that he was a refugee. But I forget my audience and you have to spell things out. The point was that canada talks a good game.)

Again, interesting how someone else says that it is blue, no noise from the peanut gallery. If I say it is blue, the devil has spoken.
What would you people do without me? How would you release all of that anger?
Glad that I can be of mental health service.
 cotter
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2017 5:48:19 AM
Message 17 ...
forever ...

I don't understand.

What would be wrong with being "pro-Trudeau"?

As for the title of the thread ... Americans go around invading sovereign nations, buying human beings from warring nations and imprisoning the "purchased goods" for years without charging them for any specific crime. I consider that for terrorist behavior.

We support nations that regularly murder citizens from their neighboring country and steal the land from the murdered people, regularly steal that neighboring country's water for their illegal settlements ... which I consider for terrorist behavior.

Who is reaping the rewards for such despicable behavior?

So who are the civilized people here?

Seems to me we are in no position to bitch about terrorism when we appear to be the number one terrorists in the world.
 deetristate
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/11/2017 6:44:01 AM
Are you saying that it is ok if we destroy other countries, killing people not involved in the act or decision, because some government or a few private actors did something we didn't like?

If so, isn't it not smart to let in or invite in people who are to exact this revenge, per the warnings of the avengers?
 LOLTrump
Msg: 21
In Canada we laugh at people who think all muslims are terrorists
Posted: 7/11/2017 6:51:35 AM

What would you people do without me? How would you release all of that anger?

It's ok there are plenty of uncle toms to go around, you would not be missed.
 from site to sight
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/11/2017 7:18:19 AM

Seems to me we are in no position to **** about terrorism when we appear to be the number one terrorists in the world.

Do you mean the U.S. shouldn't use weapons of mass destruction when invading countries who are rumored to have weapons of mas destruction?
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/11/2017 10:36:02 AM

Hmmm... not quite the solution I expected... That means the cat should have lived and the rat should have died...

Here I was... thinking that it was all about a pair of 'Eid Mubarak' Pride socks... Funny how that works out isn't it...

"There is a story about a man who went to a dictionary-compiler and asked him why he was interested
in money. The lexicographer was quite surprised and said, 'Wherever did you get that idea?'

'From your own writings,' said the visitor.

'But I have only written that one dictionary - that is my writings,' said the author.

'I know, and that is the book that I have read,' said the other man.

'But the book contains a hundred thousand words! And out of those, I don't suppose that more than twenty or thirty are about money.'

'What are you talking about all the other words for,' said the visitor, 'when I was asking you about the words for money?'
 cotter
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2017 11:00:33 AM
Message 22 ...

Message 19 ...
Seems to me we are in no position to bitch about terrorism when we appear to be the number one terrorists in the world.

From ...
Do you mean the U.S. shouldn't use weapons of mass destruction when invading countries who are rumored to have weapons of mas destruction?

Why are we "invading" ANY country ... much less a country who is merely "rumored" (that is also a key word) ... to have WMD's?

Is the US now obligated to invade any and all countries who may or may not have WMD ... you know, no matter what the hell the rumor is?

If that's the case, why haven't we invaded all the other countries that have nuclear weapons? Or are those not considered WMD's?

I really don't know what point you're trying to make with your question?

For me, the bottom line is that we act like the number one terrorists in the world (based on our actions) ... so we are in no position to bitch about terrorism in any way! What the hell is this? Do as I say, not as I do? Seriously?

We support regimes that bulldoze and burn people alive in their homes and then steal their land and natural resources. We invade sovereign nations murdering their innocent civilians and poisoning their land with our "dirty bombs". Sounds like a pretty pure form of terrorism to me. I know if someone was doing that in my neighborhood I'd feel like we were being terrorized!

Who are we to go around purchasing human beings from other countries and imprisoning them without charging them for decades? What the hell is that all about?

Damn right someone should pay a hefty price for treating people like that.
 haplata
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/11/2017 11:22:10 AM
Mungojoe

Twas brillig, and the slithy toes

Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:

All mimsy were the borogoves,

And the mome raths outgrabe.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > In Canada we reward terrorists