Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > i would like a review please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Forums_only
Msg: 2
i would like a review pleasePage 1 of 1    
If I were a dude, I'd pass, too. You have one great photo of you singing and two badly lit non-smiling photos of you in front of a computer. You must have a life outside, right?

The grammar, spelling and punctuation are atrocious for a writer. And yes, it comes across demanding, but more defensive and negative than anything else. And he must put up with you!? With all the other options out there for someone, why should he?

Yes, I suppose you are "not everyone's cup of tea" and you're OK with that. If you are really OK with that, don't change a thing about your profile as you wouldn't want to give the wrong impression about you and surprise the hell out of someone at a first meet. The words you have chosen to represent you come across very strongly as defensive and really, who wants a project when they're looking for a relationship? For example; I hate doing dishes too, but I hate cooking even more. Every guy I dated was a great cook and I would do the dishes afterward. What are you willing to do if you don't do dishes? (and I'm not talking about anything sexual, just a reality check)

You need to bring a bit more to the table to attract someone willing to 'put up with you' and do your dishes. What else ya got?
 Forums_only
Msg: 4
i would like a review please
Posted: 7/8/2017 8:38:44 AM

what else to you find negative

Every sentence with an "ain't", "no" or "not", and there are lot of them. There are ways to explain who you are and what you're looking for without using the negative phrasing.

The main photo may be 'real', but it's also a crap picture. There is no smile and the light glares off your glasses so we can't see your great eyes. You CAN smile, it's in the other photo. Why not get an outdoor photo (better lighting) from the shoulders up and a big smile?

It's still very difficult to read without punctuation and that simply makes you appear less educated than you probably are. Not a good first impression.

ps - I had to google 'banta' and found it's simply a lazy way of spelling banter. Or an Indian soda pop. Maybe it's a 'thing' now so say/spell it that way, but I thought it was a typo. Carry on....
 Forums_only
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/8/2017 2:08:30 PM
For what it's worth, as an old chunky broad I would also get messages from guys (ages 20-something to 60+) looking for sex, too. Some guys are just pigs. Nothing you can do about it, it's part of the process on these sites. The idea is to write your profile for that one great guy you'd like to meet. You've done some great editing already. Good luck!
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2017 8:22:38 PM
Photos #1 and #4 you're not smiling. The singing photo is good. #3 you are naturally smiling, but, your room looks messy, the dress looks old and stretched out, and the way you are holding it emphasizes your tummy. You'd be better off to keep #2 and ditch the rest until you get better ones.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > i would like a review please