Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Feedback      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Steelix_the_Cat
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Profile FeedbackPage 1 of 1    
... just curious to see if I'm missing something obvious or blaring red flags.

Apparently this post is required to have 200 characters for me to put it up. Well, I'll preface this to say I have no illusions about why I've received a grand total of 2 messages this year, but as the second just occurred and I'd like to go somewhere with it, I could use some feedback.
 Forums_only
Msg: 2
Profile Feedback
Posted: 7/8/2017 5:57:57 PM
Another Lower Rainlander!

The first thing I noticed was the maximum douchebag photo and yes, it really is. Don't do that. Cute as you are, you are setting yourself up for Block/Delete before they read the rest of it. I have a particular weakness for great bone structure and you are truly good-looking in that sense. However - a real smile would be KILLER. Nevermind I'm old enough to be your Mom, work the face. Trust me on this.

The headline should not include the word 'sensual' at this stage, it just adds to the DB percentage. The photos of the cats on their own are against the site rules. We want to see pictures of just the guys with bright eyes and great smiles. A casual full length shot would also be good. Maybe something at work?

You've noted your occupation as Nursing but don't elaborate in your profile. You could gain major "Awwwww" points if you added a line about your work and what you love about it.

The profile body is actually well-written and quite smile-worthy, except no need to mention you are not 420-friendly and don't drink. Your stats already indicate non-smoker/drinker.

There are a lot of young women in our area on this site and I'm hopeful that you will find someone that loves cats as much as you do. Patience, a sense of humour, and good luck!
 Steelix_the_Cat
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Profile Feedback
Posted: 7/8/2017 6:44:00 PM
It wasn't my primary intention to list that particular photo as my main image, but inadvertantly did once and my profile reviews skyrocketed. I played around a little bit swapping images, and my profile views definitely seem to triple with the douchebag photo. While that one is up, I pretty much get at least 1 view a day. Whether because they're actually interested, or because everyone slows down to look at a car crash, seems irrelevant when they never send a message either way.

Noted on the headline. I had not considered that. I will think up an alternative.

I found it difficult to articulate anything about my day job without drastically altering the flow of the profile. Finding the appropriate point to state something about it is challenging.

Appreciate the tips.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Profile Feedback
Posted: 7/8/2017 8:05:42 PM
You listed video games, gaming, and game of thrones in your interests. It's redundant. Most games are singular activities, so it isn't an interest you should emphasize like that. What does she do while you're gaming?
You did the same thing with cats, cats, also cats, especially cats. Don't do that.
Just because you are getting profile views, doesn't mean your photos are working. Do you ever brush or comb your hair?
That whole paragraph under Conversation Starters needs to be redone.
 Steelix_the_Cat
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Profile Feedback
Posted: 7/8/2017 8:18:47 PM
> You listed video games, gaming, and game of thrones in your interests. It's redundant. Most games are singular activities, so it isn't an interest you should emphasize like that. What does she do while you're gaming?

That's actually incorrect. Single player games have been going extinct for years. Most games nowadays are multiplayer, and I see just as many women with gaming / geek-dom interests. And if I didn't list it, it would be a falsehood for one of my primary interests. Perhaps videogames and gaming is overkill, I'll check that.

Game of Thrones is a book series and television show... not a game.

> You did the same thing with cats, cats, also cats, especially cats. Don't do that.

Why?

> That whole paragraph under Conversation Starters needs to be redone

Why?
 Forums_only
Msg: 6
Profile Feedback
Posted: 7/8/2017 9:05:02 PM
I thought the cat 'theme' was kinda funny... and I really hate cats.

I forgot also about the conversation starter/first date section. It's really gotta go because it's just whiny and negative and you don't want to be whiny and negative. Instead, use this to show humour and suggest a first meeting that should be something specific. Steveston is nice. Or Iona Park watching planes. Or even a local pub/diner with a patio you can have dessert and people-watch. Create something visual in your viewer's mind.
 Maria11418
Msg: 7
Profile Feedback
Posted: 7/8/2017 10:23:56 PM
OP, you're a handsome man, can we see your whole figure in a T shirt and jeans or something athletic?? Get a buddy to take a picture of you outdoors in the sun (or your office secretary at lunch hour, or a stranger in the park). Photos illustrate your life - anything fun?

You would also look great in the goggles at one of those gaming centers with the equipment! You're into games that's cool, let's see you play! Bummer that you don't want children, they would be handsome and you could teach them to play games too!

I would throw in a story or two from veterinarian experience... they type to touch some nice girl's heart. Stories are good, they give a glimpse into your life.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Profile Feedback
Posted: 7/9/2017 11:34:41 PM
Well, if you think redundancy is working for you, sure, don't change a thing.

Yes, I know game of thrones isn't a "game", but you are repeating the word there.
It's not coming across well.

I'm not suggesting you present a false personality, just mention games and cats, don't
keep repeating them.

As mentioned above, talk about the veteranian experiences, showing a well rounded person.
 bobbyjo101
Msg: 9
Profile Feedback
Posted: 7/12/2017 10:02:50 AM
Your chest isn't manly enough to post a photo of on POF.

I hate shy guys. It just screams nerd in a bad way. If you assume calling it introverted sounds cooler, it doesn't. Hide your inadequacies. Hide them all!!!

I like the overall way you write, it is funny and smart. That is hard to come by on POF.

The nerdy dating pool always seems small, but that could be because women subconsciously seek more masculine men who might appear to be more virile.

Is there a way you could pretend to be manly without being ironic in a picture, that might help.
 Forums_only
Msg: 10
Profile Feedback
Posted: 7/12/2017 6:08:30 PM
OP - please disregard the ridiculousness of the last post.

Except the part where you write well, that is true. The rest is crap.
 bobbyjo101
Msg: 11
Profile Feedback
Posted: 7/12/2017 11:44:58 PM
Forums only, you are following me like a stalker. You are following me around criticizing my opinion in every post. You aren't doing anyone any favors by lying to them and saying, "oh your profile is perfect" "oh you're great and perfect". It is not going to help them have a better profile if you say everything thing is perfectly fine when it is glaringly obvious that something is obviously wrong. We are all entitled to our own opinion. Yours is wrong, not mine, so suck it.
 Forums_only
Msg: 12
Profile Feedback
Posted: 7/13/2017 8:15:46 AM
Point proven. Thank you.
 bobbyjo101
Msg: 13
Profile Feedback
Posted: 7/13/2017 9:25:41 AM
Yeah you can point prove deez nutz
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Feedback