Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Masturbation while in strong relationships.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Celyne
Msg: 3
Masturbation while in strong relationships.Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
If you are replacing sex with masterbation, then I can see a potential problem. But if you are the having the same amount of sex then masterbate all you want!
 Dave Hollywood
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Masturbation while in strong relationships.
Posted: 8/12/2005 9:41:26 AM
Masterbation is your own business. As far as how often your having sex...if it's enough for her, then she needs to not waiste time and energy ****ing about your masterbation, after all you could be out getting some strange instead.
 ~Ames~
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/12/2005 9:53:24 AM
I don't see why anyone would have a problem of their partner engaging in masterbation with or without the other being present... Maybe you can try to present it in a more sexual way to her, like when the two of you are being intimate...if she is totally repulsed by it, then don't try to convince her to like it. I say do what makes you happy behind closed doors, as long as the two of you have a healthy sex life and you are not "cheating" on her in anyway she should not take it personal at all. My guy does it all the time, I do it all the time, who cares???
 dakota5369
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/12/2005 9:59:56 AM
i think masturbation is always wrong. i have never done it because jesus would be mad at me
 Dave Hollywood
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2005 10:09:37 AM
^^^ I'm going to pretend that was a joke and not make fun of him for saying that!^^^
Anyway, i am seeing alot of women helping you try and explain your masterbation problem to your spouse like it's something that needs careful planing.
Dude...screw that crap, if she can't deal with your jackin off, then she's the one that needs a shrink. This is 2005, the history channel has told us what has happened.
And Howard Stern is letting us all know that things have opened up quite a bit!
I belive you should be able to share all things with your spouse without being scolded or told it is wrong.
If you can't be open and honest...ouch! Guess gettin married had more to it than you thought.
 ivegotwhtuwant
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/12/2005 11:23:26 AM
There is definatly no problem with that .. I'd suggest that you mention to her that you're horny and if she doesnt want to take care of that .. GO ahead ! lol
 GentleHand
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2005 12:24:10 PM
if it's been a few days 4 or 5, without sex, i'll masturbate, so im not overly sensitive, and not loaded up full. I know it's usually the fourth or fifth day, then SHE's ready. It's not that i have a premature ejaculation issue, not at all, it's so she'll have more enjoyment, longer, more endurance, and less mess to clean. I just like it that way. I get OVERLY excited, during sex, and have been known to get SO excited, just Giving oral sex to my girlfriend, has cause me to have spontaneous orgasms, without being TOUCHED, she loves it, drives her INSANE, but, there are times she likes endurance, so i masturbate for her, or with her not knowing sometimes even. I take Paxil, so i get WAY overly sensitive on the flesh/nerve level. Her and I are SUPER open about sex though.

I don't and she doesn't think this is unhealthy, or bad in any way.
 Wraith67
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/13/2005 1:40:17 AM
One would think, that as long as she was getting her's whenever she wanted it, then she would have no problem with it. In fact, I am surprised she does not find it to be a bit of a "turn-on"...
Many moons ago, when I was living with a lady up in Souix falls... I was doing commercial roofing, working sun-up til sun-down. ( I'm getting to my point)... I would be exhausted and only wanting to sleep...In fact, I'd act like I was sleeping when she came in to lie down... But when I heard her masturbating (soft moans get me )...It was on.....Me no tired no more...
 Wraith67
Msg: 26
Posted: 8/13/2005 10:11:31 PM
And this has what to do with his masturbatin and her problem with it?
 Real_Brunette
Msg: 27
Posted: 8/13/2005 11:20:40 PM
actually, this thread has been done...and it was like 300 pages long. however , to answer the question, being in a relationship has nothing to do w/how often you should or should not masturbate. If someone is so insecure and petty as to freak out because you masturbate, you need to rethink your partner. I prefer a frequent masturbator, they have more stamina, and well, among other things.
 Wraith67
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/13/2005 11:52:27 PM
@ whatsmynameagain...
Kudos to you my friend...Well said...In fact, mutual masturbation between a couple can be an erotic experience. Then, to engage each other orally before the fine slow act of making love is priceless....
 byronus
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/15/2005 10:55:27 PM
LOL

sorry...

When I was thirty I dated a woman who was 18. I was crazy about her. Early in the relationship she told me, "I don't understand why any guy would masterbate when he has a ready and willing party..." I said nothing

A couple of months later she was telling me, "JESUS CHRIST! LEAVE ME ALONE AND GO JACK OFF!!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. She never complained about me jerking off again!!!

Just bother the shit out of her for sex... soon she'll see the light...

(BTW, at that age she didn't masterbate, but years later she was into yanking on the man in the boat)

-bp
 Romzy
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2005 12:16:15 AM
Shite....people tend to masterbate MORE when they're with a partner..'cause your'e always thinking about it, and you always have a recent sexy mental image...I think if my partner whacks more when I'm with him...if it were to bother me, I'd just be like "call me up and I'll help ya" or "come on over and blow on me!" for real, who cares!
 KFGuy
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2005 2:26:50 PM
O.K. dakota....I even pulled out my bible to take a look. You need to help me. Where exactly in the bible does it demonstrate that Jesus would be pissed at masturbators? And where does it say that masturbation is "always wrong"?
 bluemarl
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/18/2006 4:15:36 PM
that bible story was about disobedience to God, not masturbating. Read it carefully. God directed whomever it was to impregnate a specific woman--I think his sister, actually, but I could be wrong about that--and the man "spilled his seed." It was the disobedience which was the offence, not the "spilling his seed" per se.
 gorleau
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/23/2006 6:19:15 AM
As long as you are still sleeping with your partner on a regular basis, there shouldn't be a problem.
 oneafternoon
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2006 11:35:15 AM
Such a foolish question ... Do you have hands? - THAT IS YOUR GREATEST RELATIONSHIP!
 playballs
Msg: 54
Posted: 5/26/2006 5:20:28 AM
hey thats normal...
think the prble, is the g.f wife if she has a problem with masterbation.
i once massterbated with my girlfriend wathcing csi..heheh
 OutMind
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/23/2007 6:51:27 AM

This girl I knew liked to do it so much I began to miss masturbation.
 *mouse*
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/23/2007 10:21:10 AM
My ex used to have a problem with me 'tending to myself', I'd end up doing it after sex and what not...I very rarely get off during intercourse so it's only fair. Everyone has thier reasons as to why they do it. And so long as it isn't taking away from parts of your life....Such as going into the bathroom and masturbating when you know your partner is waiting to get some...then there is absolutely nothing wrong with.
 MyNameSpaghetti
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/23/2007 10:28:47 AM
I hang out with a lesbian couple that either brings their problems out for everyone, or likes to bring me into them specifically because I'll give them advice to shut them up. (For reference to anyone else who does this: DON'T. No one who is not you and your SO gives a crap about your relationship issues. This of course excludes the forums, obviously. But in a social setting, I don't want to address why you bring up your exes after sex, etc.)

Anyways, their issue stemmed from one (I'll name her Jane) being jealous of the other's (Mary) masturbatory time alone. Jane felt that if Mary needed to release sexual tension or just was that aroused she should wait for her and they could play together. She did not want her masturbating alone, ever.

I disagree. Masturbation (not mutual) is a solo thing that can have nothing to do with your SO. It is a personal right of sexual expression or even just relaxation and release. If not an addictive issue, it is not cheating and it is not taking away from the sexual relationship you share. Now if your partner is releasing to avoid sex, or it is becoming an addictive issue, then its a horse of a different color. But masturbation is a natural and effective stress reliever and can only help along a sexual relationship by allowing the individual to discover alone what will better their time together.

And avoid the spilling on the ground Bible issue by going in the shower, a towel, or a tissue. ;)

Fun_Jess
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/23/2007 7:13:08 PM
your partner will always see something wrong with it, mine do. It just can't be helped, oh well.
 emtchicky
Msg: 73
Posted: 8/24/2007 12:31:29 AM
I certainly don't believe that it's WRONG. Like many others said, as long as it's not interfering with your intimacy of your relationship with your significant other, I don't forsee it being an issue. I personally am just too much of a hornball for a significant other to keep up with in my past experiences! A few guys I've dated have been somewhat frustrated by it, but they weren't doing anything wrong, I just have an extremely high sex drive!
 crazyindian69
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2007 4:06:29 AM
masturbation in a relationship?

GROW UP

holy shit, dude

If I didn't whack off I would be crazy
 wooweewoo13
Msg: 81
Posted: 5/31/2015 7:06:05 AM
When with a partner I usually subside with it but theres times that Ive dont it and as you say maybe theres a difference in needs.....and for one to get mad or upset with the other about such things unless its holding back from one or the other is wrong.....dont beleive its a moral issue either...its a relationship issue...good luck!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Masturbation while in strong relationships.