Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > craigslist translation      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Darwin1971
Msg: 1
view profile
History
craigslist translation Page 1 of 1    
I like watching craigslist for good bargains but I am a man and every once in a while i fall for the personals the posting below i see often and just shake my head knowing there will be at least 5 men that will fall for the pretty face she post with it.

"I'm looking for a good man, someone that can take care of me and enjoys a good life. Please have your shit together, I don't want anyone that's made a career out of getting arrested. I like working out, having a few beers every now and then, just trying to enjoy life. Looks aren't a big thing but there needs to be so e sort of attraction. I'm okay with an older man, but again there needs to be an attraction. Please respect me enough to not send me inappropriate pictures. If you're interested please message me. LEAVE YOUR EMAIL I WILL MESSAGE YOU DIRECTLY, ITS THE ONLY WAY I CAN RESPOND AT FIRST. Please include a picture and tell me about yourself. Then if you sound like the man I'm looking for I will send a picture back."

Now as a man let me Translate what this means to most men that you would want to "entertain" her

"I'm looking for a good man, someone that can take care of me and enjoys a good life."
translation; Someone that has a good paying job and does not think a weekend at home and having sex is a good time. also not a cheap ass after all I have needs. I may or may not have had many many sexual partners but I am tired of being used for a sperm bucket and frankly I screwed up my life enough and am wanting a man I can control.

"Please have your shit together."
Translation do not have a bunch of baggage that I would have to deal with this includes ex-wives and kids and you better have a house and a car at least.

"I don't want anyone that's made a career out of getting arrested"
Translation. really I need you to be able to get a job and/or keep a job well unless your already rich and you have mended your ways.

"I like working out, having a few beers every now and then, just trying to enjoy life."
Translation; I have a few pounds extra but I am trying to get back my shape(might even have had kids that you may have to support). I'm not such a prude that I wont have a beer so expect me to have drinks with the girls every now and then.... when I'm spending your money.

"Looks aren't a big thing but there needs to be some sort of attraction. I'm okay with an older man, but again there needs to be an attraction."
Translation; well if you can make my life easier and well... if your rich enough these things really don't matter to me.

"Please respect me enough to not send me inappropriate pictures"
translation; My time is to important sooo for all the pervs don't bother I am looking for quality man with money. a penis does not fit into this equation or into my plans.

if you disagree with my translation I'm ok with that.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 2
view profile
History
craigslist translation
Posted: 7/26/2017 9:03:25 PM
There are plenty of SUGAR DADDY websites, so the woman who writes a profile like this is either too dumb to find them or far below the standard of quality to attract men who sign up for such a site.

So she's beggin' favors off of Craigslist. Well....water seeks it's level.
 spot4username
Msg: 3
view profile
History
craigslist translation
Posted: 7/26/2017 9:07:33 PM
And?

Did you have an actual question? Did she not like your photo? Are you meeting?
 am70sguy
Msg: 4
view profile
History
craigslist translation
Posted: 7/27/2017 12:35:30 AM
She forgot that all important "chemistry" catch phrase.
 gtomustang
Msg: 5
alright, i'm in a cynical mood this morning
Posted: 7/27/2017 4:38:45 AM
"I'm looking for a good man, now, let me explain what I think a good man is. I'll be redundant and explain a good man has his stuff together and takes care of his woman, b/c I have dated in the past "good men" who weren't good enough to do this. I don't want a career criminal, b/c I've dated enough of them to know I no longer want that drama in my life. since the last one skipped bail that I fronted, that's part of the reason I need a man who takes care of me. I don't have my car anymore since it was collateral, so I walk to work and that's my working out. I also walk to the bar, where I met some of these guys, and so I'll call it "a few beers", just like everyone says they've only slept with "a few people".

"I'm just trying to enjoy life, or that's the excuse I tell people when they ask why I don't have money to pay the bills but I magically have a new tattoo. "

"Looks aren't a big thing, unless you don't have them. If I don't get any responses from this ad, i'll consider going with an older man...so long as my friends don't laugh."

"leave your email b/c I can't afford my phone anymore, and i'm still married so I won't get caught with email but could get caught in the middle of a phone call. i'll explain it later in a way you believe."

"please send a photo before I send one"

>>>ok, I posted the above to play the game, but I DID have this happen. back in the old days of the internet, I had a woman from Chicago tell me looks weren't everything, and we should snail mail photos of each other. so I took a picture, had it developed, put it in the mail...and waited. Her's never arrived, and I got an email that she had changed her mind about doing long distance. I figured she was telling the truth, and went to the forum where we met...to see her bragging about the hot weekend she had with a doctor, learning about "poppers", amyl nitrate.

it should go without saying, there are "men" out there, living their lives in a similar way.
 south_city
Msg: 6
alright, i'm in a cynical mood this morning
Posted: 7/27/2017 6:03:47 AM
It's not just craigslist. I can find similar lines on POF and other OLD websites.
 Darwin1971
Msg: 7
view profile
History
craigslist translation
Posted: 7/27/2017 5:11:45 PM
Nope I do not have a question. craigslist does not have profiles or pictures. I like reading shit and frankly this places needs some new postings. Your welcome.
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 8
view profile
History
craigslist translation
Posted: 7/29/2017 12:49:17 PM
You stated that she probably has five guys going after the pretty picture she posted.
Then say you'd have to send her one before you'd get one in return
 hemingway234
Msg: 9
view profile
History
craigslist translation
Posted: 7/29/2017 10:49:31 PM
Sounds like the typical trailer trash profile.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 10
view profile
History
craigslist translation
Posted: 7/30/2017 2:29:06 AM
Darwin, your synopsis seems right on, lol. That's why I say I can get a lot from reading a profile.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 11
view profile
History
craigslist translation
Posted: 7/31/2017 7:05:58 PM
I think each of the common quotes can be translated to varying degrees, and much of it's meaning changes when concatenated with other ones in the same paragraph. But playing that game to give Each a translation, but putting in perspective with all of them together, in a very possible way, IMO:

"I'm looking for a good man, someone that can take care of me and enjoys a good life."

Trans: I want a guy who's not only not cheap, but spends money to Take Care of me, because I deserve it. A man spends money on his woman & entertainment for both of them.

"Please have your shit together, I don't want anyone that's made a career out of getting arrested."

Trans: Doing the above, I don't want there to be a "catch" like always breaking the law in doing so.

"I like working out, having a few beers every now and then, just trying to enjoy life."

Trans: I live a laid-back lifestyle, like a guy who doesn't take an extra step forward to Take Care of a gal thru expenditures and such, since I'm a lady -- but I keep in reasonable shape (as far as I'm concerned), so that evens things out.

"Looks aren't a big thing but there needs to be so e sort of attraction. I'm okay with an older man, but again there needs to be an attraction."

Trans: Looks Are very important, and it transcends any age gap. But I don't go for The hottest guy, so no, I'm not winning any top awards for requiring the Best looking guy out there. You just gotta be great looking. It's what I deserve.

"Please respect me enough to not send me inappropriate pictures."

Trans: I've gotten enough d!ck pics. Please, I don't bite on these. Come on. I'm looking for a life provider who's stable in society to give me stability. Doing that just screams you're not.
 Darwin1971
Msg: 12
view profile
History
craigslist translation
Posted: 8/29/2017 9:11:44 PM

Are you a single man looking for a woman that will love you the way that you should be loved? Treat you the way you should and a woman you will be able to trust throughout the relationship? Well, today maybe both our lucky days. I am the woman I described to a total T. I am looking for a man with age, as with age come wisdom. Someone whom loves and adores children as I have a daughter of my own in which I have complete custodial rights. So we are a package deal. If you have children that is totally fine by me. Please have your own home and stable life, as my life is in need of stability for both my child and myself. I will only be interested in a single man. I am old fashioned, have values, morals and respect for myself and others. Don't take much to make a good woman happy. Just love, attention, affection and the small things, all make me happiest most. I am hoping to establish a life and a great relationship with a really awesome man that will bring joy, love and laughter into your house and make it a cozy home. Like home cooked meals? No problem I love cooking. I am drug, tobacco and alcohol free. Please be sane, safe and stable and know that we need immediate housing. Send a number to call you to begin a new chapter in life. No email replies answered. Hope you reply soon. Tommorow is hump day

another easy to understand translation

**** I have so screwed UP and am able to just about do anything to provided for my kids. despite my history of ****ing men behind the backs of men that have taken me in the past I have changed and now see the light. good god and your horny!? That has to mean it was meant to be!! RIGHT?
I have some baggage and because I am looking out for my kids(this is a good thing) well don't ****ing contact me unless you can take care of another mans child. Now because I don't want to limit 1/2 of the men out there its ok if you have kids but I need you to at least have the balls and money to have gotten a place of your own despite my lack of judgement and lets face it ability to keep my legs closed. Well if you think I can soak you for a year or so maybe even using you as part time babysitter. If that isn't enough I can cook and clean for your ****ing dumb ass. Please just don't have any STDs but right now I am so in need of a MAN to put a roof over my head. Please contact me!!! ASAP!!!!

Well ? That about right?
 Darwin1971
Msg: 13
view profile
History
craigslist translation
Posted: 8/29/2017 9:30:04 PM

Hi Im a Single woman never been married before
No kids
Live alone
Love outdoors (beach,camping,hiking and spending a lot of time with my loved ones )
I'm seeking for that man who will always love me completely for who I am and will always be there for me

because not every woman is thinking of kids!!!
This woman is 30 and single... wow

Well I Have had such fun but holy crap I'm 30 now!!
I would love for you to like the things I like you know hanging at the beach and camping with loved ones.. lol I love everyone that looks or can give me an adventure!
Damn I need someone that will love me despite the fact that I am a little out there. Come on now the stars show that this is the place to look for love or a sucker.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 14
view profile
History
craigslist translation
Posted: 8/30/2017 12:12:02 AM
I've never understood the "don't want to die alone" stuff from women.
They usually live longer, so they're going to die alone anyway....unless they marry someone a generation younger.
 cooldog65
Msg: 15
view profile
History
craigslist translation
Posted: 9/4/2017 8:13:52 AM

translation; Someone that has a good paying job and does not think a weekend at home and having sex is a good time. also not a cheap ass after all I have needs. I may or may not have had many many sexual partners but I am tired of being used for a sperm bucket and frankly I screwed up my life enough and am wanting a man I can control.

"Please have your shit together."
Translation do not have a bunch of baggage that I would have to deal with this includes ex-wives and kids and you better have a house and a car at least.

"I don't want anyone that's made a career out of getting arrested"
Translation. really I need you to be able to get a job and/or keep a job well unless your already rich and you have mended your ways.

Translation; I have a few pounds extra but I am trying to get back my shape(might even have had kids that you may have to support). I'm not such a prude that I wont have a beer so expect me to have drinks with the girls every now and then.... when I'm spending your money.

"Looks aren't a big thing but there needs to be some sort of attraction. I'm okay with an older man, but again there needs to be an attraction."
Translation; well if you can make my life easier and well... if your rich enough these things really don't matter to me.

"Please respect me enough to not send me inappropriate pictures"
translation; My time is to important sooo for all the pervs don't bother I am looking for quality man with money. a penis does not fit into this equation or into my plans.

Simple translation: You bring everything to the table and I will bring me. You do all of the work and I will reap the benefits of your hard work.
 ponyelvis82
Msg: 16
view profile
History
craigslist translation
Posted: 9/4/2017 11:09:25 AM
You must be new to the internet and especially craigslist scams.

This is literally an ad to get a response sending you to either:
A cam site
A site where you confirm your identity, making you safe to meet, by putting in your credit card information
A dating site you've never heard of where you have to pay to use it

Your translation is only wrong because there is no girl. The post was probably put up by a guy. You fell for it, by thinking this was real. There's nothing to translate, it's fake.

The give-away was telling you to leave your email. When you email a response on craigslist, it's from your email address. All you have to do to get back to you is hit reply. But email gets around dating sites blocking links in messages (because they do target some dating sites too, even POF). Having your address prevents any type of masking, letting them "Re:" before the subject of what you sent them and bypass your spam filter.
 Darwin1971
Msg: 17
view profile
History
craigslist translation
Posted: 9/4/2017 2:35:25 PM

The give-away was telling you to leave your email. When you email a response on craigslist, it's from your email address. All you have to do to get back to you is hit reply. But email gets around dating sites blocking links in messages (because they do target some dating sites too, even POF). Having your address prevents any type of masking, letting them "Re:" before the subject of what you sent them and bypass your spam filter.

damn good thing I never respond to this kinda shit.

So your translation is.

I'm a dude working a scam playing on most men's weakness.

NICE
 NewYorker58
Msg: 18
view profile
History
craigslist translation
Posted: 9/7/2017 1:21:51 AM
I thought Craig's list ads were at the bottom of the bucket. I was checking out the personals one day and it was filled with penis pictures. Exactly who are these men hoping to attract?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > craigslist translation