Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Incorrect password message and unable to reset      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mantyj13
Msg: 1
Incorrect password message and unable to resetPage 1 of 1    
Since Saturday when I try to log in it states that my password is incorrect, although I know it isn't and I can use it to log in to the forum. When I reset the password and attempt to log in again it continues to say it's incorrect. I know my profile is still active as I am receiving notifications but I have no way to either access my account or delete my profile. Has anyone had similar problems and any ideas on how to resolve?
 Dreamin1234
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Incorrect password message and unable to reset
Posted: 7/28/2017 2:13:43 AM
i have the same problem on one computer, but i can login on another laptop and my phone.
 zazzue
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2017 6:00:30 PM
I have the same problem and I have been around and around in circles trying to fix it.

Is there any way to message tech support?
 Revelation123
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/31/2017 7:34:54 AM
I have the same problem. Yet I was able to login to post this with the username and pw.... senrt POF a rather salty email about it yet have not heard back from them..... any of you have any luck getting it figured our..... I miss all my rejection responses....
 mtrhuynh
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/10/2017 8:43:18 AM
I have the same problem. Is there any way to contact site admin or tech support for help?
 AndrePPB
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/10/2017 10:48:11 AM
The customer service email is: CSR@pof.com

Still waiting...
 jacuum
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2017 6:30:40 PM
Same here. Can anyone get PoF to respond to this thread?
 ForumLurker
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/18/2017 5:50:11 PM
Several times others have pointed this out when people post pleas for attention and replies from POF staff (and as I just posted in another thread).........

It has been 2 or 3 years since Markus Frind (“Markus”) sold POF to Match Group. He stuck around as acting president of POF for a few months during the transition to Match. His two old profiles – Big Fish and Markus – are still active and used to send notices but it is not Markus himself making those communications.

Other than the Events Forums, POF staff completely abandoned these forums even before the last volunteer moderators walked out. Why they have not closed them is beyond me since there is no monitoring or moderating by any staff. The only reason I can think of is that the sloppy coding Markus wrote will not easily allow severing/eliminating everything but the event threads so they just allow it to flounder.

If you really need to communicate with staff you will need to research how to do so through Match Group possibly via snail-mail since the loudest pleas and protests in the forums will not come to the attention of POF staff nor Match staff.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/18/2017 5:56:50 PM
Also, as posted in several of the other threads about this issue
(do your research)

POF is an extremely poorly coded site that is also years outdated. The security is poor. There are issues with using a VPN or a proxy.

If you are using a VPN or a proxy disable it and try logging in. Over the years this has solved a lot of peoples issues with passwords not working. Might not be your problem but worth a try.

If you do not know if you are using a VPN or a proxy or how to disable it get a friend, neighbor, coworker, or someone who knows to help you.
 donpdonp
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2018 10:18:54 PM
My account has been like that for many months. no help from the POF email support center.

I just tried it again (May 2018), login, bad password, password reset email arrives, change password works fine, login, bad password.

Sigh
 Seezal
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2018 10:19:47 AM
Same problem. Haven't found solution. If we can't log in how can we stop auto renew to switch to a different site?
 myzzz300
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/27/2018 4:15:45 PM
Hey I have the same problem,my password doesn't work,I've tried to reset it a thousand times,plus it doesn't recognize my screen name but yet I keep getting notifications and e mails in my e mail box,how can I contact pof tech support.
 WarmLove1031
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2018 9:02:38 AM
That was my problem. I tried about 5 times to log in until I saw this post. I had my VPN running. Turned it off and no problem. Thank you very much.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/8/2018 4:15:58 PM
You are welcome Love.
:)
 gunthorr70
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2018 5:17:34 PM
IT WORKED I have a VPN on my phone and I disabled it and can NOW log in...

Thx a bunch
Cheers
 gunthorr70
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2018 5:18:07 PM
IT WORKED I have a VPN on my phone and I disabled it and can NOW log in...

Thx a bunch
Cheers
 Buzby123
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/29/2018 11:02:46 AM
Thanks! I just noticed that I had my vpn on. Off took care of it!
 sunnysideup12121212
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2018 6:37:34 PM
This worked for me, thank you, then I turned on VPN while on POF and still connected to POF, Yeah!
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Incorrect password message and unable to reset