Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Through Glass – Slowly?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DDSearle
Msg: 1
Through Glass – Slowly?Page 1 of 1    
I used to spend much of my youth at the Reference Library. It was calm and warming, though in a breezy part of town. And In taking a break from perusing The Codex To The British Pharmacopœa or what ever I'd be up to, I would look through the. single-pained windows onto the trees that surrounded the little car park to the rear of it. But about the turn of the century a new library with double-glazed windows was built next to it. It was nearly as nice as the old one. However, I noticed, that on taking my usual gaze, the leaves and branches on the same trees seemed to be waving considerably slower
 DDSearle
Msg: 2
Through Glass – Slowly?
Posted: 7/31/2017 10:53:08 AM
On discussing this phenomenon (for it was unlikely to be the noumenon) with one of my peers, he said, without hesitation, that that was a well-known effect, in that observing movement through glass tends to appear to slow it down. And what he said rang true (in proportion to the number of panes, I think). But no-one else has told me this. Therefore, I'm fundraising for getting me to an exclusive hotel in Greenland, in which I'll be able to look at the movement of glaciers through triple-glazed windows. (There aren't no trees, you know). Now for the sake of science, please give generously
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Through Glass – Slowly?