Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Where Do Dreams Come From?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DDSearle
Msg: 1
Where Do Dreams Come From? Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Isn't the original of a performance bestowed with something that makes it more dear to the listener than other versions? The images and other sensations of my dreams can seem to be so detailed that I doubt that the human brain is capable of producing them. And there are occasions on which, on being presented with a song that I'm given or led to believe is the original recording, I have been so unconvinced of that that I've sought successfully for the original, even though not having heard of or heard it
 DDSearle
Msg: 2
Where Do Dreams Come From?
Posted: 8/2/2017 2:34:44 PM
Is there not magic in the air.
And wouldn't it depend on film- or image-libraries in the sky, and record libraries there
The things that we download
 bobbyjo101
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/3/2017 4:45:26 AM
all of your questions make my brain hurt.
 DDSearle
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/3/2017 4:51:58 AM
Haven't you tried my topic on oral sex?
 bobbyjo101
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/3/2017 4:56:01 AM
I chose not to.
 DDSearle
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/3/2017 5:15:00 AM
But your comment refers to 'all of' my 'questions'
 LOLTrump
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/3/2017 7:49:25 AM

From your memories.
 DDSearle
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/3/2017 10:05:01 AM
How does one respond to witlessness?
 Inicia
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/7/2017 7:23:48 AM
My sister once reported a scientific report `supposed` to me that you only dream of people you have actually seen in real life. I have many dreams of what I think are strangers but having lived 51 years i am sure i have been exposed to many faces i have no conscious recollection. I also have dreams of printed words on paper that i read at a point sometime after the dream. Many psychologist believe rem sleep is a healing necessity for our psyche and dreams perform a function of rectifying personal conflicts or decisions. I know that i have learned proactive management of dreams. such as being startled awake by a disturbing dream then return to sleeping and continuing the dream and creating a more desirable outcome. In addition a very enjoyable dream not finished so to speak i will pick it up and finish it upon waking or after completing my day often keeping one dream sequence for several nights of sleep.Also tracking dreams and recording them for use in writings as often dreams provide phenomenal concepts, if i do not write them down--- lost>>>
 bobbyjo101
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/7/2017 10:12:32 AM
One of the worst is when your mind wakes up but your body doesn't know it yet and you are very much paralyzed and can't open your eyes. I guess that is sleep paralysis. It only happened to me like once, but I didnt' freak out. I could tell what was going on. I just tried to will my muscles and eye lids to move to try to wake my body up. That is actually creepy if you think about it though because that would be what its like to be in a coma and be aware of your surroundings completely but you cannot communicate in any way or even open your eyes.
 meowzing
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/7/2017 10:58:04 PM
Sleep paralysis is one of many symptoms of narcolepsy. I had a traumatic brain injury (years ago) to where I was having grand mal seizure activity. I still experience sleep paralysis randomly, and those 20-30 seconds feel like an eternity. I always wake up with a thump kind of feeling like I fell onto the bed, and my heart pounds at the same time. It scares me even though I can blink, and move my eyes. I had a house burn down, so that's the first thing that runs through my head. Its all the what if's....

Its amazing to me how far the field of medical research has come in understanding the human mind, but hasn't even scratched the surface. Dreams aren't always good though; many of us have seen more than the average bear.
 hakkata
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/8/2017 9:58:44 AM
^^^ well since we do not truly understand where consciousness comes from, its hard to say where dreams come from, other than from unconscious thoughts. Is the brain the source? Who really knows.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/8/2017 10:01:32 AM

^^^ well since we do not truly understand where consciousness comes from, its hard to say where dreams come from, other than from unconscious thoughts.

Nope, it is only you that does not understand.

Is the brain the source? Who really knows.

The scientific community does.
 hakkata
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/8/2017 10:07:37 AM

the scientific community does.

Really, show me the scientific proof explaining consciousness and sentience. I'll wait :-)
 LOLTrump
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/8/2017 10:09:29 AM

Really, show me the scientific proof explaining consciousness and sentience. I'll wait :-)

I already did.

You should really try and keep up.
 Inicia
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/24/2017 8:11:51 PM
one of my favorite dream theme or semi conscious experience, is when i feel awake, can't move. However have a sensation of flying over places i have seen or some i haven't- it is phenomenal, it is kinda slow motion. i take it all in as i look down. have not had one in a while but frequently in past.. nother less frequent experience is slow motion swimming in water containing, people and things just passing me by as i slowly glide. i feel the water, never drown -not holding breath and never see any ground.
 DDSearle
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/25/2017 2:08:37 AM
Succeeding LOLChump's attempts to spoil it, thank you for reviving the topic with your account of a wonderful dream, Inicia. Sometimes I dream of levitating (though not for long). And though it feels great, I cannot get the attention of my peers. That annoys me: and I occasionally end it by shouting and swearing (at them) in my sleep. On other occasions, I'll be attacked by, say, a tiger: and won't be able to warn my unseeing neighbours of the danger. Again, I shout or swear
 LOLTrump
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/25/2017 10:46:50 AM

I cannot get the attention of my peers. That annoys me: and I occasionally end it by shouting and swearing (at them) in my sleep.

That is because you crave power and attention, but for most of your life people have laughed at your ideas and paid little to no attention to you.
 DDSearle
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/25/2017 11:29:25 AM
Do you know, Mr Chump
Following a few days in which I was trying to recall the name &c of someone that I knew in the City of London over thirty years ago, I had a vivid dream last night – in which I could see him remarkably clearly. And today I remembered his name and that he used to be bass-player in a poor-man's version of the following band. But where did those images come from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1IFVYCgDYo
 LOLTrump
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/25/2017 12:30:28 PM

But where did those images come from?

That depends on how deep you want to go, but the root of what you saw is based on memories and the bacteria which is running the show in your body.
 Inicia
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/25/2017 12:51:16 PM
Well I have never experienced any desire to get the attention of others i am viewing in dreams, there has never been danger or alarm or even excitement- however a very pleasant experience and usually quite peaceful, but lol maybe if i took that stance, in my next experience with it, i too would be yelling and swearing. i will test it out DD!
 DDSearle
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/25/2017 2:14:25 PM
Well, what sort of desires have you experienced, Initia?
Or shouldn't I ask
 Inicia
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/26/2017 7:38:59 AM
I have the good fortune of a very fluid consciousness so have had experiences that many will never have and these are a blessing to me.
in dreams and most experiences my desire is to learn, absorb, acknowledge, etc: learn about self- others a desire for mutual enjoyment, pleasure, understanding, share. pretty boring really. I have had the unique good fortune to be free to spend much time with my thoughts. Buzzkill is my nick name- or bubble burster- or Capt. obvious- very reality oriented.
desire to challenge certain ideologies... Maybe writing and dissemination for real lol. I do pretty much what I want-again my good fortune.

Occasionally believe i would enjoy traveling- toyed with cultural anthropology but gave me overwhelming feelings of exploitation, and cultural violation- entertained social justice- i think i would enjoy that a great deal.

Of course I entertain human base desires; different twists for all- but do not share those except in intimate relationships that contain honesty and respect.
And is your desire as expressed in your transcendent experience to wake into awareness your "colleagues"?

Many people instead of dream/nightmares- in my youth i had frequent nightmares of my demise, nuclear war, my mother dying of cancer, in fever hallucinations saw whole family killed in Africa, werewolves, vampires etc all those romanced horrors.
I now have unsettling dreams but will entertain them until i find a solution in subconscious, sometimes entertaining the same dream theme/scheme like a miniseries over a couple of weeks until i am satisfied with the conclusion. interspersed are commercials of other subconscious ideas. When i have periods of time where i do not remember my dreams no biggie either. however much prefer the recollected dreamsleep.

Bet you regret asking now. lol...
 DDSearle
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/26/2017 7:51:52 AM
No I don't
That is nice. Your style is charming
Though it's as though you'll put just too much effort into it
 forever_live_and_die
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/26/2017 7:08:33 PM
What if you don't dream?
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Where Do Dreams Come From?