Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > On Sending An Email Back      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DDSearle
Msg: 1
On Sending An Email BackPage 1 of 1    
Oughtn't there be a means by which the sender could request and, recipient return, a message that shouldn't have been sent? And with the right technology (and some honesty), such an action would delete the item from the addressee's records. It would be as though the message hadn't been sent, wouldn't it?
 DDSearle
Msg: 2
On Sending An Email Back
Posted: 8/12/2017 3:07:43 AM
I know that I would like some emails back
Well – let's see the facility
 LOLTrump
Msg: 3
On Sending An Email Back
Posted: 8/12/2017 9:01:32 PM

Oughtn't there be a means by which the sender could request and, recipient return, a message that shouldn't have been sent?

There already is.

And with the right technology (and some honesty), such an action would delete the item from the addressee's records. It would be as though the message hadn't been sent, wouldn't it?

Yep that is how it would work.

The system is already in place but they do not advertise it, I think for fear too many people would chicken out and not send a message.

This is how it works:

You first compose the email and you normally would, but then in stead of hitting send, you copy and paste that email into your choice of software.

Then you walk away and come back in approximately 1 hr, at that time you read the email again and decide if it worth sending.

Also no need to thank me, I am just here to help.
 DDSearle
Msg: 4
On Sending An Email Back
Posted: 8/13/2017 12:40:42 AM
No
I want my email back
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 5
view profile
History
On Sending An Email Back
Posted: 8/13/2017 4:02:50 AM
Well, you aren't going to get it. After all, you can't get letters back after you mail them. You can't snatch words back out of the air after you've said them.

The closest you can come to what you want, is something lie Snapchat, which auto-deletes after a short time.
 DDSearle
Msg: 6
On Sending An Email Back
Posted: 8/13/2017 4:22:58 AM
A letter or printed matter can, on sympathetic responsive to request, be returned
But all that can be done to undo an email is that it be erased from the records
And those reside, as I understand it, with Gmail or similar organisations
However, copies could be taken: and, held by the recipient(s)
 hakkata
Msg: 7
On Sending An Email Back
Posted: 8/13/2017 11:35:34 AM
Aol mail once had that feature if sent to another AOL account.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 8
On Sending An Email Back
Posted: 8/13/2017 5:43:33 PM

A letter or printed matter can, on sympathetic responsive to request, be returned

Nope, once you mail a letter it cannot be returned unless the sender is willing to do so.

Which at that point is too late.

But all that can be done to undo an email is that it be erased from the records

So basically you are saying you have no clue how email works.
 Inicia
Msg: 9
On Sending An Email Back
Posted: 8/16/2017 11:48:08 AM
G mail or yahoo has a ten second option you can chose when sending e mail in the settings it allows a return if you choose within 10 seconds of sending. i do not know if that removes it from the internet cloud. i highly doubt it but at least the recipient will never know what it contained.
 DDSearle
Msg: 12
On Sending An Email Back
Posted: 9/1/2017 5:53:18 AM
If a law is to be enacted, it ought to be an International Law; and it should cover more than emails. For sure, there's a need for getting other messages back. For example, especially well-observed or particularly witty ones, perhaps in verse, that may be made on a site such as Plenty Of Fun, if read but unacknowledged, should be returned to the sender.
 Inicia
Msg: 13
On Sending An Email Back
Posted: 9/2/2017 9:09:48 AM
lol haha the whole communication when a truly witty response is made, the fun in deciphering all innuendos and observations...some retain all text communications via cell phone, sent and returned including time stamps. I only keep those pertaining to legality.
 DDSearle
Msg: 14
On Sending An Email Back
Posted: 9/2/2017 11:08:32 AM
I must say that I still like to write a letter
It would be in blue gel- or fountain-pen ink on special white unlined paper
The script would be cursive and slightly dextral. And I'd be up till the early hours on improving it to the point beyond which it couldn't so be

Perhaps that's why songs have been composed about handwritten messages. For me, they're a mark of civilisation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=425GpjTSlS4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQaUs5J2wdI
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > On Sending An Email Back