Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Karma vs Dharma, religious misuse of science terms      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Inicia
Msg: 1
Karma vs Dharma, religious misuse of science termsPage 1 of 1    
I have a couple of pet peeves
I would like to state[ karma is the good you do coming back to you, dharma is the bad you do coming back to you. I have no concern with a choice to believe in this system.

Another totally unrelated issue but bugs me to no end is a belief that schizophrenia is any way similar to disassociative personality disorder. Often the religious usually christian
will say G--d" is not schizophrenic he does not have split personalities, less often but occasionally hear it as bi-polar. these views scream ignoramus to me.. sorry.. just my pet peeve. again no concern if you believe in deities or not.

Feel free to share,
Any thoughts or contributions???
 feirene
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Karma vs Dharma, religious misuse of science terms
Posted: 8/16/2017 1:43:49 PM
schizophrenics don't have split personalities either, but are a part of the spectrum of dissociative disorders. they hallucinate or have delusions, as well as other lesser symptoms.
so erm just wanted to point that out.

not sure about the other stuff you're saying, it sounded interesting but the nihilist in me doesn't subscribe to magical thinking.
 Inicia
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/16/2017 4:12:07 PM

schizophrenics don't have split personalities either, but are a part of the spectrum of dissociative disorders. they hallucinate or have delusions, as well as other lesser symptoms.
so erm just wanted to point that out
thank you on spot. exactly what my post states.

.schizophrenia is not disassociate personality disorder, or split personalities. which is what many religious commentators claim, as well as disassociate personality disorder is not bi-polar. Dissasociative personality disorder is the correct psychological scientific term for the specific disorder of split personalities, Bi polar and schizophrenia have their own diagnostic characteristics.
religious speakers often use them interchangeably. not saying schizophrenics have no dissassocitive characteristcs. PTSD has dissassocitive qualities. yes??? they don't say god does not have PTSD he does not have split personality disorder...
Thanks maybe you helped clear up any other misunderstanding of my post.
many people say karma is a **** in casual conversation, and it is just a frequent misuse of the terms of that philosophy, magical or not it is a long held misconception that has become commonly accepted.
 gingerosity
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2017 12:09:31 AM
Schizophrenics don't have split personalities.
Yes they do.
No they don't.
 DDSearle
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/17/2017 2:10:08 AM
I would like to comment, too
But this type of topic is quite hard for me. However, here goes –
Can the concept of 'split personality' be applied to one without such?
In other words, could there be any such thing as the 'split personullity'?

(no reference to LOLTrump is intended)
 Inicia
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/17/2017 5:34:52 AM
chuckles.. thanx!!! While humorous schizophrenics usually have quite consistent beliefs about themselves and delusions held again consistently, they may express a reality based psychosis totally out of the general accepted reality but it is consistent. If delusions are spiritually centered, they hold a consistent spiritual response to external stimuli, if paranoia exist again across the board, and as many schizophrenics are quite mentally gifted delusions are quite well developed and extremely consistent, intricate plot formations. Etc it matters not focus, aliens, god, government, authority, dragons, prehistoric society, historical roles, gender roles, social separations, or prejudicial consistencies in society. Often the expressed delusions or psychosis have a basis in reality, some trigger they experienced at a young age that may have been traumatic or extremely salient: and the jury is still out on nature/nurture debate!
Dissassocitive personality disorder/split personality is very rarely diagnosed. But the absence of a personality as personullity lol.. and split we often see that, a person having no personality or persona- person adopts similar stance or opposing stance depending on audience to whom which they are appealing, or soliciting. lol sure.
 Inicia
Msg: 7
Correction-of my ignorance..
Posted: 11/26/2017 5:06:09 PM
Karma is the Bad whoopsie my mistake.. lol relieved to let go of that pet peeve.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Karma vs Dharma, religious misuse of science terms