Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sad Dog      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PennyAnte
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Sad Dog Page 1 of 1    
What to do?? if your neighbor has a pup that cries for hours and hours when he is alone. LOUD barking, crying, whimpering. I feel so bad for the dog. I did speak to the owners and nothing has been done. Today one of my other neighbors was screaming up at the dog to "shut up" and it made it worse. The dog sounds like it is in distress. It is unnerving to say the least. I don't know if I should call animal control or what to do. I can turn on the radio to drown him out but my concerns are still about the poor dog crying for such prolonged periods. It is 3:40pm and the dog has been crying since 9:00 this morning. I feel like it is cruelty. They must have him penned up.. I don't know but it is very sad listening to him all day long.
 chameleonf
Msg: 2
Sad Dog
Posted: 8/23/2017 12:54:57 PM
Hard to say without knowing how/where you live. Here, there's a noise by-law. Call by-law enforcement and ask them to come out at the time the dog is making all the noise so they can hear for themselves and they'll take it from there. If you live in an apartment or some other situation where there are property managers, take it up with them to handle.
 gtomustang
Msg: 3
Sad Dog
Posted: 8/23/2017 1:49:27 PM
we had a neighbor who left the dog out all day from 6am til when she came home after 9pm. my father kept calling animal control, she got fined...and fixed the problem herself.

going over to comfort the dog creates new problems, so avoid doing the humane thing.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Sad Dog
Posted: 8/23/2017 6:37:39 PM
GTO.. Do you think my whistling to him and calling out his name is making it worse. He calms down for a few minutes. I tell him he's okay. His name is Channing which means wolf. He is an adorable husky. Mostly white with black details in his facial features. The most gorgeous pup. It makes me so sad to hear him cry for hours.
 gtomustang
Msg: 5
Sad Dog
Posted: 8/24/2017 5:50:27 AM
Dogs are social animals, so leaving them outside can be like being picked last for the sports team. Giving him attention might give him hope, but even if you don't, he's probably going to keep trying to get attention b/c what else does he have to do with his time. I'd guess his breed is used to long-distance communication, dogs tend to see the world not so much from what they see, but what smell carries on the air. but throwing a toy onto the property, etc, can be seen as trespassing, i'd go with calling the authorities, they should have a plan for owners like this.
 teekata
Msg: 6
Sad Dog
Posted: 8/24/2017 6:31:46 AM
Why not offer neighbors to take him in to your house part time during the day?
 PennyAnte
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Sad Dog
Posted: 8/26/2017 8:06:11 PM
Because I have a HUGE Siamese Cat and I work at home all day. If I had time for a Huskey and could take care of one.. I would buy one for myself. They are one of my favorite breeds. I wish I could offer them that favor but my cat would probably hurt him.
 grizzelda
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Sad Dog
Posted: 8/28/2017 8:36:12 AM
If you are on good terms with your neighbour maybe record what the dog sounds like. They probably have no idea how unhappy he is and the best way is for them to hear it themselves. They make think that people are over reacting and need to hear it with their own ears...

If not. call the HS and while they may not be able to take the dog away, a visit from the SPCA may be enough for them to make some changes, who knows, maybe they dont know what to do and the SPCA may be able to offer them some solutions.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Sad Dog
Posted: 9/1/2017 12:18:36 PM
grizzelda.. We took your advice. My daughter has a smart phone and on Tuesday we recorded the dog for a good twenty minutes and then again a half hour later so that the owners would realize it goes on at a constant. We haven't heard the dog bark since. These are new neighbors and they speak limited English. The daughter wrote me a lovely note and left it in my mailbox. She explained they got him a larger cage, more toys to occupy him and they are going to take him to the Vet this month and will ask the Vet for suggestions.
I posted this same information on Facebook and had some great responses there too.. but your advice seemed to work best. I have a cheap disposable phone that does nothing but call and text but my daughter has the smart phone so we were able to accomplish your suggestion.
Thank you so much!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sad Dog