Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dating sure has changed , shallow women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lifeisgood7999
Msg: 1
Dating sure has changed , shallow women Page 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
So I haven't been in the dating scene for a while and I'm quickly realizing I don't miss it. I'm obviously not good at "playing the game" . My personal favorite lately has been when I send a nice , respectiful message. I usually keep it pretty short and simple but respectful and the very first reply I actually got on my very first message being on Pof was " so I have anymore pictures" . Now I understand their is a lot of fake profiles and "older pictures but I think the two I have are enough to get a decent visual . I get physical attraction is a major factor (let's me honest for men and women no one what's to bump uglies) I know my profile is short but if someone was more concerned with "window shopping" I can imagine it wasn't read. Guess I'll just keep playing along
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Dating sure has changed , shallow women
Posted: 9/5/2017 8:26:20 AM
Submit your profile to review by peers by starting a post in the 'Profile Review' thread. It needs work. Women with profiles as short and vague as yours are generally scammer profiles. You don't have to write a novel, but you should at least give an inkling of what you LIKE in a woman, not what you don't want. Women are almost desperate for positivity in profiles.

You DO need more than one face picture. Your primary pic is selling your bike, not you. If you don't want shallow women, then advertise yourself, not your toys. At least switch the two around.
 lifeisgood7999
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/5/2017 8:33:38 AM
Thank you for the tips . I'm not good writing about myself but yes the picture makes sense . It's been a long time since I done all this , I'm just as guilty as "browsing" a profile
 hemingway234
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/5/2017 8:56:36 AM

A good head shot and a body shot is fine, but you need a different headshot without the bandanna, they want to see your head or hair.

It's the quality of the pics, not the quantity.
 _girl_next_door_
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2017 1:17:05 PM
If your pictures don't provide a clear enough picture that I would recognize you in a coffee shop, I won't meet. Period. As the others have said, you need to provide at least two clear face pictures (without sunglasses and your head covered) and a full body shot or two.
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/5/2017 1:29:13 PM
Yep, more photos. You have 3 that all appear to be taken at the same time. Give some variety- another hobby, or day to day life/ street clothes, head shot without your head covered.
 sun___flower
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2017 2:00:15 PM
A watermark on one of your pictures would make me go hmmm - do you have a copy of that picture without the watermark?
 cindi_rella
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/5/2017 3:08:06 PM
None of your photos are any good, really. I dont think she was shallow to ask for more.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/5/2017 4:03:02 PM
3rd pic to the right.............Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap

We just returned home from Milwaukee. Another great Labor Day Rally!
OP, If a man or woman has spent a few months or more on an OLD site, they most often become suspicious...............LOL of many things!
Never forget, until you meet in person you / they have noooo idea who is actually tapping the keyboard. For your own sake of sanity, don't sweat the small stuff. Relax............be patient, keep a positive attitude................and when all else fails? RIDE!!!!!
 aintnodeal
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2017 5:01:19 PM
ONE THING NEVER CHANGES - People who put forth a weak effort come back blaming everyone else in the world.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/5/2017 5:06:22 PM
Why are they being shallow? You have pictures that are taken same day, and really too far away.
You don't want to date a woman with children.. are you making sure you don't message women who then state they are the prime caregivers of their kids?
Why is a woman shallow for not replying to your message, but you aren't shallow for not wanting to date a single Mom? Do you see the irony?
 Cdan1957
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2017 9:15:40 AM
I dont see it as shallow at all. As one who has been on a few "meets" nothing is worse than sitting with someone you do not find attractive. It is uncomfortable, awkward, time stands still and you feel bad for being so damn superficial. Strike that, there is one thing worse, sitting across the table from someone that you are sure finds you unattractive. If she wants more pictures, why not send them? Limit the surprises as much as you can.
Posted: 9/6/2017 4:49:29 PM
Most common whiny thread topic from men: "No replies."
Honorable mention: "Don't like the replies I get."

Listen ... here comes the whaambulance ...
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2017 6:36:53 PM
Meh,,, go, next, or put forth more effort yourself.
 LGL1975
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2017 7:09:19 PM
I don't think dating has changed that much. People change as they get older.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2017 7:36:02 PM

I would change it to "shallowER" women.

There has always been plenty of shallow women, as well as plenty of shallow men.

The situation just keeps getting worse and worse.

I'm obviously not good at "playing the game"

Me, either.

Because I'm not playing a "game".

I send a nice , respectiful message.

That used to work pretty well.

In the glory days.

They passed us by.

In the wink of a young girl's eye.
 sun___flower
Msg: 17
view profile
History
FullMoonGuy drinking game
Posted: 9/7/2017 10:16:50 PM

In the glory days.

They passed us by.

In the wink of a young girl's eye.

*takes a drink*
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 19
FullMoonGuy drinking game
Posted: 9/8/2017 7:53:34 PM
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ With empty glass in hand, extends arm towards sun flower..................?Please?
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2017 5:25:36 AM
Many people think that the word "shallow" means "relatively not deep," as in a body of water or area within a body of water, that one can step in without their socks and trouser legs getting soaked.

However, after years of observation, I've realized that the actual definition of the word "shallow" is, "someone who doesn't want me for real reasons I can't do anything about, who I therefore want to insult, to make my ego feel better."
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2017 1:49:50 AM
Everyone is measured !
 ohenryx
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2017 8:29:33 AM

IgorFrankensteen
after years of observation, I've realized that the actual definition of the word "shallow" is, "someone who doesn't want me for real reasons I can't do anything about, who I therefore want to insult, to make my ego feel better."

Thanks, Igor, I needed a laugh this morning.

There is a great deal of truth in what Igor stated, above. And it’s something I have recognized in myself, don’t like, and try very hard to avoid these days. If a woman doesn’t want me (and lord knows there are a lot who don’t!!!), then I just move on to the next.

What I still don’t get are all of these men on here who can’t ever get a date. It ain’t that tough, it really really ain’t.
 sun___flower
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Dating sure has changed, shallow women
Posted: 9/10/2017 2:13:05 PM
Igor
However, after years of observation, I've realized that the actual definition of the word "shallow" is, "someone who doesn't want me for real reasons I can't do anything about, who I therefore want to insult, to make my ego feel better."

Truth.
 PinkyAndTheBrain83
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2017 6:59:36 AM
Well without physical attraction there is no chance really. keep updated pics on profile and just be yourself and eventually you will talk to someone you connect with. Finding the right connection is hard with all the liars out there. Half the men who claimed to want a relationship actually rather get laid than go through the building a connection stage.
Can't say anyone for the women on here but i always ask men how are women on here.
 south_city
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/11/2017 7:12:32 AM

If your pictures don't provide a clear enough picture that I would recognize you in a coffee shop, I won't meet. Period. As the others have said, you need to provide at least two clear face pictures (without sunglasses and your head covered) and a full body shot or two.

1 clear head shot and 1 full body shot is fine for primary pictures. Having other pictures such as the OP on his motorcycle is okay for secondary pictures.
 gtomustang
Msg: 26
Posted: 9/11/2017 9:38:15 AM
"IgorFrankensteen:after years of observation, I've realized that the actual definition of the word "shallow" is, "someone who doesn't want me for real reasons I can't do anything about, who I therefore want to insult, to make my ego feel better."

>>>an interesting observation, b/c I think it requires the accuser to have a sense of shallowness and depth. Otherwise they'd choose another word, some variety of "jerk". Some of us might accuse another person of shallowness b/c THEY don't have the Depth WE have. WE measure them according to US. Shallowness is relative to what we want/need to get from them. But what if we measure their depth compared to other people we know? Does that make us better able to decide accurately, that they are indeed shallow? Or do we wait until a demand is placed on that person, observe their reaction, and judge based on that? B/c of course, we may be the one making the demand on that person.

"I don't get all these men who can't ever get a date"

>>>i'll confess, my standards are high, I asked out so many as a kid that I don't bother anymore, and I don't involve alcohol on the date. I think for some people, there's dates, and then there are...good dates :)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dating sure has changed , shallow women