Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > casualhump.com      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 whostolemynickname
Msg: 1
casualhump.comPage 1 of 1    
Is it just me or is there a lot of these profiles popping up. I used to see one or so a week. Now I see 3-6 a day. I report them but I think POF doesn't take it seriously or they own the site. It's pretty sad that they can't put a filter in to block all spellings of it. I can do it on my computer. Doesn't take a computer programmer.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 2
view profile
History
casualhump.com
Posted: 9/9/2017 8:42:22 AM

It's pretty sad that they can't put a filter in to block all spellings of it. I can do it on my computer. Doesn't take a computer programmer.

I call bullsh1t. The 'L' is 'casual' alone can be represented by a half dozen characters, and if they spell out 'dot' in 'dot com' the 'o' can be done several ways as well. Twice. There's fourteen characters in the web address, plus several random spaces placed in between. Our brain is excellent at transferring characters to letters ( like '5' becomes 'S' ) and they can also put two angled slashes next to each other for the letter 'A' and so on. The possibilities are not as finite as it might seem. If you're so confident you can build a script, I'm sure Match or POF would love to hear about it. Otherwise whining about it in the forums and claiming to do better is a waste of data.
 whostolemynickname
Msg: 3
casualhump.com
Posted: 9/10/2017 12:36:11 PM
Then you're not too bright. I can build scripts very easily and I am not a programmer. It's time that POF bans hotmail, outlook, gmail, yahoo email accounts. If you have to use an isp server mail account, it might stop a lot of the spam.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 4
view profile
History
casualhump.com
Posted: 9/10/2017 2:42:03 PM

It's time that POF bans hotmail, outlook, gmail, yahoo email accounts.

Then what is left? AOL accounts? Work e-mail? Smoke signals?

POF already scans profiles for listing email accounts and alternative communication sites. That's why the spammers spell them out phonetically like 'geee male dawt kahm' and things like that - even then, a lot of frauds are tagged and bagged within an hour or two of popping up. It's really more about being aware of what fake profiles are like, and actually reading them before sending messages or adding 'Favorites' or clicking 'Meet Me'. If you send a notice to one fraud account, you're pretty much guaranteed to get on someone's 'hot list' and get spammed with 3-6 more. Be careful about who you post to, and the spam goes away - or at least becomes severely reduced.
 sun___flower
Msg: 5
view profile
History
casualhump.com
Posted: 9/10/2017 8:21:42 PM
OP, it's not just you. At least one other person has mentioned that site in the forums. I thought he was making up the name as a joke.
 Loud_Love
Msg: 6
view profile
History
casualhump.com
Posted: 9/15/2017 6:25:04 AM
Well, I've had 3 check out my profile just this morning, probably within an hour. Lol. It appears to be rampant, that and women who start a dialogue w/ you and then by the 3rd or 4th message, she drops Security Dating Site which of course needs your credit card no. and all your personal info to do a "background check" so they can be sure they're safe. My รค'$'$..

See what I did there?
 Canandaigua_Momma
Msg: 7
view profile
History
casualhump.com
Posted: 9/15/2017 11:14:40 PM
Just send notes to women in whom you are interested and the issue solves itself, whostolemynickname.
 nimiipu
Msg: 8
view profile
History
casualhump.com
Posted: 6/27/2018 7:14:07 AM
good morning, have done anything fun this week??
 Lovingtrudy
Msg: 9
view profile
History
casualhump.com
Posted: 3/10/2019 8:57:09 AM
hi
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > casualhump.com