Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Am I interesting enough?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sleepy198222
Msg: 1
Am I interesting enough?Page 1 of 1    
Hi, I have been on p.o.f. for a long time, I find that people view profile, but that's it. Am I interesting enough. I always feel to shy to message someone, in fear that they will not respond. So am I approaching it wrong, or am I just letting it get to myself? I feel I have a lot to offer.
Thanks
Amanda
 Darwin1971
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Am I interesting enough?
Posted: 9/10/2017 1:47:24 PM
you want an honest answer brutal or not? This can be a very harsh place.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 3
Am I interesting enough?
Posted: 9/10/2017 5:31:29 PM
@ OP

I can't say that I see much in your write up/pix that would spark interest from most guys.
you want someone who "takes care of himself" but I don't get the feeling that you practice that yourself.
Also, if the population of the area that you draw from is low; then it just makes the matter worse.

If you wanna take OLD seriously, then you should get professional photos made of yourself...in a better setting!
You may have "a lot to offer", but if you don't send the right message/impression...you are just spinning your wheels
 aintnodeal
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Am I interesting enough?
Posted: 9/10/2017 6:58:24 PM
Well, if you're going to be SLEEPY all the time, I'd say "no". I dated a woman twice who was asleep all the time. On our second date, her job was having a lavish breakfast at a local 5-star resort - she invited me. It was all the way across town. She came to my place, and I drove out there. At the breakfast, I chatted with her co-workers and ate a lot of stuff. She barely said a word and almost had her face down in her plate. She slept all the way back to my place. I told her to go home and get more sleep, and that we were DONE dating.

A phone pic is fine for your profile. Just don't do a bathroom pic or a car pic. Call your friends, and have them hold the camera. You have friends? CALL THEM!!!!
 south_city
Msg: 5
Am I interesting enough?
Posted: 9/12/2017 3:36:09 PM
In another thread, the OP mentioned she will delete this profile and create another profile. I hope that she has better success with her new profile.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Am I interesting enough?
Posted: 9/12/2017 4:29:57 PM
That's not how this works ... that's not how any of it works!

Same boring profile on 10 different OLD sites, or under different user names produces same results.
 south_city
Msg: 7
Am I interesting enough?
Posted: 9/13/2017 9:44:09 AM
^^^^^^^
Until we see the new profile, we have no idea if it is virtually the same as the old one. That being said, creating a new profile can't hurt. In particular if a person didn't like the username of the old profile.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Am I interesting enough?
Posted: 9/15/2017 12:14:11 PM
Come back little Sleepy. Stop being Bashful. Don't let it get to yourself and be Grumpy. Maybe call the Doc and see if you can get some medicine that will make you Happy. Watch out for side effects like feeling Dopey or having an allergic reaction and being Sneezy.

Come back and try again. Some day your prince will come.
 cooldog65
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Am I interesting enough?
Posted: 9/15/2017 7:07:57 PM
I'll never know since Amanda (OP) is gone...

Where's Backcreek to post a song title?

"Amanda" - Boston
 WritingWesley
Msg: 10
Am I interesting enough?
Posted: 10/2/2017 5:45:20 PM
Whether using POF for dating, or making friends you have to disclose some level of personal information otherwise the only guys that'll message you are guys looking for a hookup.

You should have:
A list of a few of your favorite activities
Dancing, Fishing, Cooking are common but when expanded upon in your bio can become great starting off points. If you like a particular type of dancing (Jump Style, Hip Hop, Shuffle) it can draw in men that also like that style. Likewise if you like Mexican cooking you can draw in men who share that interest. Simply listing will get you ignored or messaged like "Hey... what kind of dances do you enjoy?" While if you mention Shuffle you're more likely to see "Hey me and some friends are going to a -shuffle dance gig name- at --street address- you should come ;) my number is 555-555-5555 (you now can meet him in a public location, get to know his friends, and even if you don't click attend an event you would've been interested in anyways (no loose).

A short bio giving people an idea of who you are
Simply stating personality traits doesn't make you stand out, put yourself out there if you like anime mention what anime you like (bleach/Naruto ext) if you like movies mention a few movies (Logan, Spectacular Spiderman, The Avengers) being specific gives people an idea of the kind of person you are while also giving them a point to grab onto.

*IMPORTANT* DO NOT MAKE YOUR BIO LONGER THAN A PARAGRAPH.
Men generally are messaging multiple girls that seem interesting, a portion of these will never respond, %20-40 will (depending on the guy) we don't know whose going to respond, so spending 8-15 minutes (Pictures, Interest, Bio, Dating, Message writing) is a huge time commitment for a potentially fake profile.

and a few topics that'd get you talking
-If someone wants to get me talking they only need to bring up Starcraft (its a RTS), consider mentioning a few subjects for guys to grab onto
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Am I interesting enough?
Posted: 10/3/2017 12:54:49 PM

Hi, I have been on p.o.f. for a long time, I find that people view profile, but that's it. Am I interesting enough. I always feel to shy to message someone, in fear that they will not respond.

Fear of no response? They're not sending you anything if you don't send them anything. You should write them a hello or something at least. No problem in that... or a wink/favorite/like, etc. Many guys fear writing a gal too, so that's why doing Something is a good thing for ya to do. You're not going up to them in person and asking them out to a candlelit dinner for crying out loud -- you're just sending them a text to generate possible convo. That's it.
 BenjaBean
Msg: 12
Am I interesting enough?
Posted: 10/7/2017 11:34:54 PM
You don't message them because you fear not getting a reply, so instead you don't bother messaging them at all which means you certainly won't get a reply, i don't mean to sound nasty but thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard, If you want to find someone to date, message them, stop being an idiot.
 Natey2
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Am I interesting enough?
Posted: 10/23/2018 1:07:36 PM
The landscape is pretty competitive:

There are women who look like strippers and pole dancers with their profile pics competing with normal POF women for a guy's attention.

Even women on POF who are Human Resource Managers have profiles pics with extremely low necklines and excessive display of cleavage. If they even dared to try that in their corporate environment...

And I won't even get into the women who post pics of themselves in lingerie in compromising positions in their bed.

What is a normal guy on POF supposed to do, right?
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Am I interesting enough?
Posted: 10/23/2018 1:23:04 PM
msg#13:
Even women on POF who are Human Resource Managers have profiles pics with extremely low necklines and excessive display of cleavage. If they even dared to try that in their corporate environment...

And I won't even get into the women who post pics of themselves in lingerie in compromising positions in their bed.

What is a normal guy on POF supposed to do, right?

IDK. Enjoy the view?

(eyeroll)
 Natey2
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Am I interesting enough?
Posted: 10/23/2018 1:39:28 PM
I did not know HR managers could/would do that around here.
I always thought they were the more moderate/conservative-type women.

I'll never perceive them the same way again after what I saw them displaying on POF.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Am I interesting enough?
Posted: 10/23/2018 3:26:59 PM

I always feel to shy to message someone, in fear that they will not respond.

Well, maybe you could pass a note to Susie in English class, who can pass it on to Tommy, who can pass it on to Billy, who you secretly like.

So am I approaching it wrong,

In a word, yes.

or am I just letting it get to myself?

In a word, yes.

I feel I have a lot to offer.

We'll never know for sure.

I always feel to shy to message someone, in fear that they will not respond.

I do the same thing with all the genuine real European princesses.

I never send them a message, and they all keep marrying other guys.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Am I interesting enough?
Posted: 10/24/2018 7:10:33 AM

The HR manager at one of my jobs was flirtatious and provocative and behaved like a nympho. Angela got her job out of nepotism (she went to the same church as the vice president / general manager who also got his job out of nepotism, as he was the owner's adopted son. There were rumors she and the general manager had an affair. Each was married to someone else).

Angela wore clingy flimsy tops that suggested her office was really cold if you know what I mean. She also wore low rise pants with waistlines that fell below the waistline of her layer underneath. "Sagging" by women is usually deliberate because women have hips that would naturally prevent sagging.

Would like to think I was hired on merit and for saying intelligent things at the interview, but it's possible Angela hired me because she had the hots for me.

Angela was touchy-feely, rubbing my shoulders / neck / back. More often than the physical touching, she made verbal remarks that would be considered harassment in a reputable company. Not long after I started working there, they had a "sample sale" run by Angela and another woman from the office. Some of the samples were athletic apparel. Referring to a small pair of running shorts, Angela said to me, "You should wear these to work, it gets hot here in the summer!"

Once of the times Angela chose to sit across from me at lunch, I was eating carrots. A carrot I was holding broke, and one half flew above the table and hit her just below her neck, then went down her top. Coworkers who witnessed the carrot incident gave me crap about it for a long time and claimed I aimed the carrot on purpose.

Years after I left the company, Family Guy had an episode in which Peter was sexually harassed at his workplace by Angela, his boss. Naturally the episode reminded me of my former job.
 Natey2
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Am I interesting enough?
Posted: 10/25/2018 7:34:28 AM
The sales/marketing people are the wildest types in companies I've worked at.
They'll show the HR types a thing or two.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Am I interesting enough?