Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > How far would you go on a first date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 positively4thstreet
Msg: 1
How far would you go on a first date?Page 1 of 1    
Several decades ago, the question "How far would you go on a first date?" would be interpreted in only one way. A woman's answer would probably be "Not very far at all!", while a man's answer would almost certainly be "All the way and then some -- if she'd let me!"

However, when I ask that question today, I'm not talking about erotic shenanigans. I'm talking about distance in miles.

If your date lives a long way away and at the meeting doesn't go well, you've wasted all that time and all that fuel. Even worse, if the meeting goes brilliantly and you are both keen to see each other again, you're faced with the prospect of spending all that time and all that fuel again and again and again in order to keep the relationship going. Whichever way you look at it, it's a lose-lose situation!

So, how far would you go on a first date with somebody you've found on POF?
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 2
view profile
History
How far would you go on a first date?
Posted: 9/12/2017 1:42:19 AM
That got everyone's attention.

Not far. Hasn't worked too well for me in the past. Long distance relationships above half an hours drive is too much.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2017 2:37:18 AM
45 minutes has always been my maximum travelling limit. Invariably that's led me to Bournemouth, because there's so much to do there, and while you can't arrange a lunchtime coffee, you can still be reasonably spontaneous and spur of the moment. On a first meet, anything over 25 minutes carries an expectation of meeting at a halfway point. Having said that, my present girlfriend lives five minutes away.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/12/2017 4:04:28 AM
This one was done a long time ago.......
my thoughts are roughly the same as then -
if it's more than a half hour drive I lose the will to live.
My experiences of 'meet & greet' on here have,
for the most part, been pretty dire (and certainly
not worth the long distance hike stuff).
(puts on tin hat).

Canandaigua_Momma
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2017 11:09:40 PM
No more than 15-20 minutes driving.
Beyond that, each starts finding reasons not to see each other.
 Hotbeaching
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/18/2017 7:46:25 AM
I have travelled 50 minutes away for a second date, he drove to me first, I tend to ask to meet half way if its further than say twenty miles but he drove to me so I drove next time, we saw esch otherfor three years
 10ky
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/27/2017 8:13:42 AM
All depends on the quality of the goods. If she's a real hottie and I'm having a s3xual emergency, then I'd be willing to travel a mile.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > How far would you go on a first date?